996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Dealership questions ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Nosoup4u is an unknown quantity at this point
Dealership questions ...

Hey guys -

Thanks for everyone's helpful input with my other thread regarding sale. I wanted to take my 996 in to have some items looked at under CPO (e.g., my switch for the rear window when I went to push it, pushed in a bit, and I wanted to have them re-adjust my ebrake). The dealership I stopped by said that they do not give out loaner vehicles for cars not purchased at their dealership. This is the porsche dealership in Tyson's corner VA (HBL Tysons). I was a bit surprised.

I also told them that I was interested in a Cayenne S that was CPO'd. They indicated that if I bought from HBL Mercedes (they had an 04 white one), they would not provide a service loaner either.

Is this common practice at porsche dealerships? I know with BMW's at least, as long as it is certified or under manufacturer's warranty, they provide a loaner. It makes it slightly inconvenient to have the car worked on. I recently moved here.

Thanks,

James

Old 02-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
That is up to the dealer if they provide loaners. The cars are NOT provided by Porsche, or BMW etc. The dealership has to buy those cars to be setup as loaners. Alot of dealers do not do it due to liability and cost to have loaners.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:40 PM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
To me, that speaks loudly. I would not want to do business with them. I understand that it is their option to provide loaner cars, but they are making some money from the warranty repair. Go to another dealer they are not the only one.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:00 PM
K2@Brandywine is on a distinguished road
We provide all of our customers some sort of alternate transportation, no matter how big or small the repair/complaint is. We have about 8 loaner Cayennes and if they are all out, we will get an Enterprise car for our clients (although sometimes enterprise brings a Chevy Aveo) It is up to the dealer to determine if they will provide a loaner, and I agree that it shows a good picture of how they choose to do business. The customer is the most important part of any business, and they must realize that.

Kevin.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:03 PM
spiderv6 is on a distinguished road
I got my car serviced for the firs time in Princeton the other week and it was no issue to get a loaner - I didnt even have to ask.

Bought the car from Brandywine and it's no surprise to read the previous post - great guys to deal with (but just a bit to far to go for service!)

Old 02-08-2007, 09:13 AM
John Romano is on a distinguished road
My wife has a CPOed BMW 535. They practically come here and clean the house for us when she brings her car in even for something as minor as having the wheels balanced. Not only do they give her a loaner Beemer, when she pics up her car the valet has brought it around and has it waiting for her (not the other way around), washed, vacuumed, and little minor things she didn't even mention are fixed - i.e. she had pulled the chin spoiler off a couple of the fasteners when she backed off a parking stop. When she picked the cart up it was fixed.

The last time I went to the dealer they gave me a ride home with two other people in an Audi.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:44 AM
jaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura about
Was this a salesman that told you this? They will say quite a bit to make thier sales. I would talk to the service manager to verify that they would still give you a loaner.

If they won't and If they are the only dealer near you I feel bad. It sucks that they are pulling such a "douchy" move. With the money they make off service and how much they charge they should take care of you no matter what. If you have anonther dealer in town or at least in a resonable distance I would tell them to keep thier loaner car.