996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Very dissapointed with my ROW Setup so far

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 09:02 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Very dissapointed with my ROW Setup so far

The car is much stiffer which is not good for NY roads and thus the car is rattling much much more in 800 miles. The car still sits up very high as well.

The car handles great on the open roads in the country but I am in the NYC vacinity much more than the country!

Do not know what to do - RJ's and Scree's ROW looks great which was Iwas most afer not having my carrera look like a 4x4 anymore and I did not really get that effect.

Row suspension = $1000 installation = $800

so far unless Iget another car to drive everday I feel this was a bug wast of $$$$

Pictures of before and after

before ROW setup

After ROW installed

Last edited by DJ; 08-05-2003 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Nader is on a distinguished road
Darren - I am in the NYC area as well but use my car to travel out to the island. I am comtemplating the ROW 030 suspension but, after read your e-mail, am second guessing myself. How tight is it exactly? What routes do you usually take? City? Surrounding areas etc.

Old 08-05-2003, 10:36 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Nader I live in NYC and go out to the hamptons regularly - LIE (no chance) FDR - tribourough - cross island - they will all brake your back with the added stiffness - 59th st bridge - It all stinks!

Old 08-05-2003, 10:36 AM
C4C_leon is on a distinguished road
Don't despair. it might still drop

Old 08-05-2003, 10:39 AM
DJ
Leon - I hope so! How long did yours take to settle to your desired height ? Is the new Nose on yet ?

Old 08-05-2003, 10:39 AM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
I have thought about ROW for some time now, had my Cab in Manhattan last night and just constantly avoiding blems in the road, something for me to consider since I am currently stock.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Kurt RSF is on a distinguished road
Darren,

I'm sorry you're bummed with your new car so far! That's a drag! I

Old 08-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Nader is on a distinguished road
Darren - I regularly travel to the hemptons as well and take the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn to the Southern state. No nearly as bad as the routes you mentioned. You can easily get to the belt by taking the tunnel to the prospect to Ocean Parkway. Really easy plus yo avoid commercial traffic.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:49 AM
DJ
nader you can see it this weekend in the hamptons for the gathering

Old 08-05-2003, 11:49 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Darren, Don't fret, it will settle a bit more. FWIW I don't think the RoW is more than 15-20% stiffer than standard. I really like it on my car.

Old 08-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Banned
MTBR is on a distinguished road
Go with H&R or PSS-9 Coilovers. My ride improved over stock. I drive in NYC and my only little problem is ride height (set lower than GT2 spec), although that is adjustable with a coilover system.

The PSS-9 system would be great for you since the dampening is adjustable.

You may feel that you wasted money, but unless you correct the situation, you will not be happy.

You are welcome to go for a drive in my H&R equipped turbo.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Paulsha911 is on a distinguished road
Row suspension = $1000 installation = $800
I thought you got it for $900?

Old 08-05-2003, 03:01 PM
DJ
900 euro

Old 08-05-2003, 03:36 PM
C4C_leon is on a distinguished road
Darren,
I tracked the car two days after I had ROW M030 installed and the ride seemed to drop right after that.
I wonder if installation makes a difference in ride height. I had mine installed at ANDIAL (a racing group) and cannot be happier.
OTOH, maybe all it needs is to be driven hard?

Old 08-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MWILENS is on a distinguished road
I drove Darren's car and think the setup is far better then before. The car doesn't roll nearly as much. There is always a trade off in this game. Maybe the adjustable would have been a better option??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very dissapointed with my ROW Setup so far