996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Track Upgrades (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Track Upgrades (PICS)

I know these have been discussed here before but its kinda slow tonight...Here's some of my winter projects:
TRG Droplinks

GT3 RS Brake Ducts

X51 Oil Pan

Just more stuff to throw at you guys!

Old 02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
You have a C4?

Old 02-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Yes..c4 coupe

Old 02-21-2007, 09:09 PM
ChromeHearts is on a distinguished road
what are the benefits of a x51 oil pan? less oil starvation I'm predicting? is that the TRG + GT3 combo... let us know how this goes, I am very interested and considering it as a near future mod.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:18 PM
the x51...helps with frequent high g's, its better than nothing (stock).
I have a c4 and the gt3 bars arent a good match... H&R are better in c4 and turbos. The Pss9 front linkage binds with the H&R on hard fast corners, hopefully these will do good on track days...Im sure it will. Here a view stock vs TRG

Old 02-21-2007, 09:44 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Sweet....I am looking to do H&R's and TRG drop links.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
is it true that the H&R swaybars are solid comparing to the GT3 which are hollow??? what were some major differences you felt after you installed the GT3 swaybars with the PSS9s or did you do them all at the same time??? thanks in advanced...

Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
yes H&R are solid, they are the same stuff that springs are made of, gt3's are hollow, very light, but the gt3 bars are made for c2/gt2 (rear wheel). Huge difference with this setup, the Pss9 lowered the ride and have the damper adjust...thats about it. With the H&R, there is a HUGE diff on roll, the trg drolinks will help in going faster on corners.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Redridge
yes H&R are solid, they are the same stuff that springs are made of, gt3's are hollow, very light, but the gt3 bars are made for c2/gt2 (rear wheel). Huge difference with this setup, the Pss9 lowered the ride and have the damper adjust...thats about it. With the H&R, there is a HUGE diff on roll, the trg drolinks will help in going faster on corners.
did you feel any difference in turn-in???

Old 02-22-2007, 09:58 AM
CLS
CLS will become famous soon enoughCLS will become famous soon enough
I second the difference on the H&R sway-bars I just got back from a track day at Laguna Seca with the exact set-up your running, and I had this on my face all day

Currently I am running PS2 tires 235/295 front/rear even though these are great on the street I think I might invest in some R compound tires just for the track, may be some Hoosiers R6 still investigating.

Lastly you can't go wrong with this set-up! the brake ducts I not sure if I really noticed an added benefit...but the brakes held up all day so maybe that says it all.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by CLS
I second the difference on the H&R sway-bars I just got back from a track day at Laguna Seca with the exact set-up your running, and I had this on my face all day

Currently I am running PS2 tires 235/295 front/rear even though these are great on the street I think I might invest in some R compound tires just for the track, may be some Hoosiers R6 still investigating.

Lastly you can't go wrong with this set-up! the brake ducts I not sure if I really noticed an added benefit...but the brakes held up all day so maybe that says it all.
Thats great, I cant hit the track till the beginning of summer so Im jonesing right now...
As far as your setup... how are your sways setup? front/middle rear/aggressive?
As for the brake ducts, no fading? What pads?
I believe there are also pilot sport cup tires that you can look at, heard good things about it!

Old 02-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Chasen1211
did you feel any difference in turn-in???
As I mentioned huge difference in roll (or turn-in as you call it).

Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 AM
CLS
CLS will become famous soon enoughCLS will become famous soon enough
Thats great, I cant hit the track till the beginning of summer so Im jonesing right now...
As far as your setup... how are your sways setup? front/middle rear/aggressive?
As for the brake ducts, no fading? What pads?
I believe there are also pilot sport cup tires that you can look at, heard good things about it!
The front sway-bar is set aggressive, rear is set middle, firmest setting on all four corners of the PSS9s. I am thinking about the cup tires, but the PS2 are better for the street and I was thinking of having a set of tires just for the track....just thinking right now the PS2 only have 2K on them plus 4 hours of track time.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:18 PM
delirium is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CLS
The front sway-bar is set aggressive, rear is set middle, firmest setting on all four corners of the PSS9s. I am thinking about the cup tires, but the PS2 are better for the street and I was thinking of having a set of tires just for the track....just thinking right now the PS2 only have 2K on them plus 4 hours of track time.
CLS, you have the TRG links too? So the stock links w/ H&R sways are a no-no?

Old 02-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by delirium
CLS, you have the TRG links too? So the stock links w/ H&R sways are a no-no?
The problem with stock links I noticed is that they are fixed length, when the sways are mounted, they slightly defer in mounting length. So when you attach one side of the stock link, the other side, the mounting length might differ a little bit (mine differed as much as 3/8"). So in order to mount the other link you have to "load" the bar to make it fit. Does that make sense? So now, you have a pre-loaded sway wich is no-good. The sways need to have a neutral load in order for it to be efficient. Adjustable dl gets rid of this preload.
For street use I dont think the stock DL are bad but on track there are cases that they snap especially if your running thicker bars like the H&R's. Remember the stock sways are alot thinner in diam and the stock droplinks are designed for that setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Track Upgrades (PICS)