996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Where can I get/purchase Sportec stuff?? Are they any "good"??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 02:48 PM
9 ONE 1 is on a distinguished road
Where can I get/purchase Sportec stuff?? Are they any "good"??

I've been seeing their products, and it looks pretty good. I am wondering how their quality is. Does anyone have anything Sportec?? If so, where do get them??

I've been to www.tanakusa.com but it does give much info since its all in a different language.

Old 04-05-2004, 03:57 PM
luting_chen is on a distinguished road
i contacted them a long time ago...(b4 i have my engine setup)
and they replied my email 2 weeks ago...
which is about 3 month after i sent them the info request...

Old 04-05-2004, 04:11 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
its better to call the straight, i talked to someone there i think his name was george cant really rememebr but they will give u a discount, you can even go pass by their warehouse... it's in whittier,ca where the 60 n 605 meet

Old 04-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Banned
tuningwerks is on a distinguished road
Sportec

I'll actually be there on Friday if you need something, just e-mail me and let me know.

Sportec and Tanaka USA will also be distributing 9FF products, stay tuned for their new site shortly!

Old 04-06-2004, 02:38 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
9FF products - keep that junk away from me thanks ......

Old 04-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
I've had one experience with them...and was none to happy either. They made me an offer on something for my car...when I came back to pay for it, they made an error by about $800...in their favor naturally. (Not to mention they asked their VP on the price and he is the one that gave it.) I asked them to first meet the agreed upon and confirmed price, they wouldn't budge. Then I asked them to meet me half way, as it would still be a decent deal...no go. I was pretty peeved that they would be so shady. So I didn't buy it. That just left a bad taste in my mouth. I will never do business will people who do that bait and switch BS.

Old 04-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Banned
whoa.

whoa, sorry to hear that Robyn.

They're undergoing some changes in the "tuning" portion of the company (as they are the distributors for Sportec and 9FF) so hopefully things will be better from this point forward.

Darren - I actually liked the 9FF rear GT2 style wing...your thoughts?

Old 04-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Curves4S will become famous soon enough
They seem kind of overpriced. I've seen their booth at a few events and their "show special" was retail price. WTF is up with that?

Old 04-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Wow, that wing is Hot

how much is it for that wing???

Old 04-06-2004, 09:17 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
it's not that the products "look" bad - they are know crooks with bad service - why subject yourself and your car to that crap ? - they ripped off memebr JRO for I beleive $30k + - someone correct me if I am wrong please

Old 04-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
Darren - I remember that thread...it was a mess and a lot of BS that he had to go through. If I'm not mistaken the mother (German) side of the company wouldn't stand up for their (US) counterparts. (This is 9FF, right?)

Old 04-07-2004, 07:04 AM
DJ
I am not 100% sure of the final outcome but he was for sure never fully compentsated - It was quite awfull what happened to his car and what he had to go through

9 FF = 9 fraud Fraud

Old 04-07-2004, 07:07 AM
DJ
This I found in an old thread - a response from JRO regarding (ff

Hi everyone, I'm still pursuing 9ff USA "Frederic Ballott" via legal means for the remaining out of pocket money. 9ff Germany did make good on refunding the money for the parts that did not function properly on my car. I, however, was left paying substantial labor costs that 9ff USA was to pay. For 8 months now, I have had an attorney going forward with legal action to right the situation. Still plugging along.

Old 04-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Banned
whoa.

That's HORRIBLE - sorry to hear that. So the product is good, it's just the service and distribution that's bad.

9FF is now being distributed by Tanaka USA here in the US (who also distribute Sportec) so I would expect better things to come...

9 One 1 - I'll be at 3T on Friday, I'll get a price quote and let you know... I really want to see how it mounts etc...just want to make sure the quality is there.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Thanks Tuningwerks

let me know what's the deal....

I remember meeting you long time ago at an Import Showoff...I think you had a Bimmer. I'm in Europrokektz Nor Cal. I use to campaign my Dinan 3 but the stakes just kept getting higher....now I see we're competing with our Porsches....what's next??

I look forward to seeing what turns out with your ride!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where can I get/purchase Sportec stuff?? Are they any "good"??