996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Got wife a new ride but need some help with mods ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
Got wife a new ride but need some help with mods ;)

Wired out the money for this today for wife's toy - hopefully this will kickstart her car addiction (pretty please!) But it is a tip so she can drive it.

Trying to order some CF parts. Getting the ebrake but not sure about what to do about the tiptronic shifter???

Anybody have pics of the CF tip shifter or shifter plate???

Thanks a ton.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm also going to swap out the black calipers and buy some new red ones. Unless you think the red will "clash" with the exterior?

Old 06-12-2007, 06:27 PM
bKLyNbENz is an unknown quantity at this point
looks sharp, congrats

Old 06-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
looking good!!! Not too sure about the turbo look exhaust tips though.. They look kind of big back there

CONGRATS!!

Old 06-12-2007, 07:27 PM
so any pics/thoughts of the CF tiptronic shifter and/or shift gate? Really curious to see what it looks like.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:05 PM
i300zxtt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Lizard1
I'm also going to swap out the black calipers and buy some new red ones. Unless you think the red will "clash" with the exterior?
How could red possibly 'clash' with red? Anyway, don't waste your money on new ones; get them powdercoated or swap em for brembos.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:42 PM
porschenut911 is on a distinguished road
Congrats, yeah those tips gotta go!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
nice ride.... funny thats a c2 and should of came with black brembos', better check if somebody didnt upgrade to a big reds or just painted.... I would leave it if it were upgraded.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Redridge
nice ride.... funny thats a c2 and should of came with black brembos', better check if somebody didnt upgrade to a big reds or just painted....
guess you misread....but anyways you can get red or even yellow calipers with a C2 996 - it's a factory option. but 99.99% of the time they are black. my last C2 was identical to this one except it was black. i changed to the red calipers and it looked sharp

Old 06-12-2007, 10:06 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
that looks good. your wifes gonna have some fun driving that. man, ive noticed so many women driving 911s in the past couple weeks.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
before ordering stuff, ask her what she wants.....aka kickstart.

maybe she wants yellow calipers.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
that looks good. your wifes gonna have some fun driving that. man, ive noticed so many women driving 911s in the past couple weeks.
and it makes their "hot factor" go up tenfold

Old 06-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
so any pics/thoughts of the CF tiptronic shifter and/or shift gate? Really curious to see what it looks like.
Definetly get the CF shifter. Gert at Carnewal has it and much more:

I love the Porsche symbol on the bottom.

Also, keep the chrome exhaust tips. That is a bad angle. They look great from the rear.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:03 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
you can see a pic of the CF tip shifter insalled in my thread here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=84794

I have a brand new CF tip shift plate, I am not going to install it but rather go the painted route. If you want it PM me and I'll give you a good price on it. Was $250+ new. I paid $200 for it a few weeks ago.

Beautiful car- Your wife should pledge her undying love devotion and every favor in the book to you after getting this car.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:07 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
\

you don't have to swap them, there are kits available to paint them and then re-decal w/ the porsche logo. Maybe someone here has a link?

I've seen a few painted sets nicely done and they look fine!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got wife a new ride but need some help with mods ;)