997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Brakes are squealing like a city bus!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:54 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
i'm getting less and less queal now than the last time i posted. either that or i've become accustomed to it.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:53 PM
PAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nice
hey i had the same issue.it has gotten much better after 6k miles and by the way, a dealer told me that it could also be from the tire dressing getting in the brake area! who knows what to believe. just keep it clean and enjoy the whistle of the turbo !!! hang in there.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:38 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I took my car in last week, the tech cleaned everything up, scuffed the rotors, R&R the pads and the squeal is completely gone. He said the squeal was really bad because it made the e-brake drum ring.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Alcyon has a spectacular aura aboutAlcyon has a spectacular aura about
15000kms. here and the squeal has disappered on my PCCBs, dont know if it is a coincidence but it occurred since i wash my wheels only with a gentle shampoo instead of a wheelcleaner

Old 06-11-2008, 07:37 AM
BeastRides101 is on a distinguished road
There is some stuff BG makes called stop squeel. It is a liquid that is applied directly to the brake pad before installing them. It soaks into the pad and eliminates squeeking. Works well, but you'll have to pull the pads off to apply it.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:28 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
These brakes squeal at low speed, no escape from it 9 times out of 10. Slight penalty to pay for the performance. As noted the ceramics are very quiet at the other end of the spectrum. All of my cars with Brembo brakes have done this.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:57 AM
vig168 is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem: I wonder if the dealer will fix it because this seems to be a warranty issue. I will definitely take the advice and get some brake cleaning kit.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Alcyon has a spectacular aura aboutAlcyon has a spectacular aura about
soft shampoo=no squeal
strong wheelcleaner=squeal

Old 06-11-2008, 03:41 PM
AAFLYER is on a distinguished road
I have two TT's, both with PCCB's, and no noises on either car, both approaching 5,000 miles. I had a 2006 C4S with the red steel brakes, and experienced noise from time to time, especially after washing the car.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:41 PM
ninenineseven is on a distinguished road
My TT does the same. Squeals for the last meter of braking and it going back in tomorrow to be checked

Cure - Turned Radio Up

Old 07-18-2009, 05:40 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
i just started getting the squealing noise so would it be something under warranty or is this a wear/tear thing?

Old 07-18-2009, 11:28 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
mine(steel brakes) has been squealing as well during the last 8-10 ft of stopping. I have 8K miles on the car and it's been doing this for as long as I can remember. Rather annoying especially when the top is down.

Called the dealer a month ago and the service mgr at Fletcher Jones Fremont(Gunther) said that these brakes are meant for hard-braking(like race brakes). Hmm... He advised me to do some real hard braking and see if the noise goes away. It does but it also comes back the next day.

After reading this thread, I'm almost convinced that it's a 997TT issue. Just haven't found the time to take it in but now, I will make it a point to have it checked by the dealer within this week.

Will update after.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:06 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Little update, Porsche changed the design of the brake pads, they now have a sticky/peel off backing plate, result no squeeling at all. I just changed all 4 pads before my last track outing.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Chris,
Mine have just started squeaking...did the dealer swap them out under warranty?

If not, how much was the damage??

Old 07-19-2009, 11:47 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I track my car, so I change my own pads frequently. They were 300$ from Suncoast, a 1hr DIY job. Next time around I have to add new rotors too, they're 80% gone. 40k miles. But, I noticed the new backing instantly when I installed them, a def improvement. Now my car is dead silent, even after a hard track outing yesterday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brakes are squealing like a city bus!