997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Brakes are squealing like a city bus!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:39 AM
MrTheKid is on a distinguished road
brembos always squeak, so do stop tech and also baers . .

mine squeak when COLD.... after running them and pusing them... the squeaking should cease!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:53 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
not just TTs. brakes (steel) on some GT3's squeal as well. i have steel brakes. i've bedded it twice. car only have 400mi so far. dealer says to give it some time. other gt3 owners say i'm not driving hard enough (in stop-n-go traffic).

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t=brake+squeal

Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
gradyex will become famous soon enoughgradyex will become famous soon enough
Mine do the same (red steelies). I try and keep the dust to a minimum with a high pressure hose (not a power washer) + a wheel brush. Amazing the dust that comes out of these things but I am not complaining because they stop better than anything I have ever driven without fade during brisk driving around the twisties. I thought it was the Ceramics with this problem, looks like its the other way around!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
My GT3 used to squeak pretty badly also. After a few sessions of very hard braking, the squeaks disappeared. Can't say this will work for everyone, but it should be worth a try.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:50 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
5,500 miles on my PCCB's and not a peep (i'm sure I just jinxed myself LOL)

Old 10-23-2007, 01:33 PM
WesG is on a distinguished road
I have a 2007 Turbo with a bit over 1,000 miles. The brakes have squealled since the day I drove it home. I does drive me crazy and it is embarrasing. It occurs when I am rolling to a stop. I can make a few high speed panic stops and they will be quiet for a couple of hours. If it is damp outside, they do not squeal. I hope it goes away sometime soon. I have never had a car that the brakes sound like this. If anyone has a fix, I would really like to know.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:57 PM
BSM
BSM is on a distinguished road
Any techs here that can pipe in w/ some thoughts/solutions?

Old 10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Al Norton
2thfixr,

I saw no mention on the thread as to what kind of pads you have. What are you running? I have Pagid Oranges that were bedded correctly on old rotors, and rarely have any squeeling noises. I, too, am a dentist. Seems to be a gaggle of us on this thread. We need a peep out of Vincent to round it out.
Stock big reds with stock pads and 650 miles on the car.

VincentDDS
JayKLA
Toothzilla
JoeKimDDS
Dr.Bill
PerioKid
+ others I'm sure

Old 10-23-2007, 02:54 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
You think the high speed sounds bad to you, you should be on my end of the high speed. I'm NOT a dentist.
Sounds bad? No way! It's music to my ears.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:15 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Al Norton
2thfixr,

I saw no mention on the thread as to what kind of pads you have. What are you running? I have Pagid Oranges that were bedded correctly on old rotors, and rarely have any squeeling noises. I, too, am a dentist. Seems to be a gaggle of us on this thread. We need a peep out of Vincent to round it out.

I am deaf so no problem here. J/K
My GT3 likes to squeal every now and then. I just slam hard on the brake at 100pmh activating the ABS and smoke all the tires. Works everytimes.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:02 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
I wonder if this couldn't be fixed with the goop (don't ask me what kind of goop, but a brake shop guy would know.) that is applied to the back of the brake pad when they're being installed. The squealing noises are usually caused by vibration of the pads, and this can be mitigated with the application of this goop stuff.

BTW I had Brembo's on my M3 and have PCCB's on the turbo and no squealing noises. Certainly if you blast your pads with high pressure water you'll eliminate any "goop" that may have been applied on installation.

Don't know if this helps or makes sense to any of you, but it's my $.02 worth.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:12 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I am deaf so no problem here. J/K
My GT3 likes to squeal every now and then. I just slam hard on the brake at 100pmh activating the ABS and smoke all the tires. Works everytimes.
If you're deaf then what am I?

Old 10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
ANUBIS is on a distinguished road
every thime I pass by a train station I am not sure if its my car of the train doing that Noiiiiseee.... guess its normal... I dont even care.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:26 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Pad compound is to hard...

Old 10-24-2007, 07:50 PM
turbonator is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
I wonder if this couldn't be fixed with the goop (don't ask me what kind of goop, but a brake shop guy would know.) that is applied to the back of the brake pad when they're being installed. The squealing noises are usually caused by vibration of the pads, and this can be mitigated with the application of this goop stuff.

yes, it's called anti-squeal compound.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brakes are squealing like a city bus!