997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Got my Build Date Today - Will it be the 2009?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:21 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Got my Build Date Today - Will it be the 2009?

I finally got the call that my dealer has my 997TT build date of 7-1-08. I am so excited I can hardly stand the thought of the long wait. I have my option list nearly put together, but it just occurred to me that perhaps with a July 1 build date, could it be a 2009 car? Does anyone know? I'll post my build order after I meet with Atomic and Hmmm later this week.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
No, it'll be an 08. Generally the new model year begins after the factory shutdown during August.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:27 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Mine was built July 23rd, took to more months to complete and ship.....

Old 11-18-2007, 08:37 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GEE-BEE
Mine was built July 23rd, took to more months to complete and ship.....
GeeBee: So you got a 2008 model year that was built in July? The post above says the next model year starts after the August factory reopen? Did you originally order a 2007 and then got a 2008 because of your build date?

Old 11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
My Turbo was a JUNE build. It came to Tampa, FL in late JULY....Wait was horrible!! LOL Every time I saw a PORSCHE I was like WTF man im getting jealous. But once you see it your going to be drooling.

And I got the shakes the 1st week i drove it. I couldn't believe it was possible to make a car that fast!! 40-60mph(1sec.) is like a missle.!!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gretapass
I finally got the call that my dealer has my 997TT build date of 7-1-08. I am so excited I can hardly stand the thought of the long wait. I have my option list nearly put together, but it just occurred to me that perhaps with a July 1 build date, could it be a 2009 car? Does anyone know? I'll post my build order after I meet with Atomic and Hmmm later this week.

You are VERY LUCKY!!!! to choose your options! I couldn't choose anythin gfor my car it was either a Auto or a 6-Speed! Get alot of Carbon Fiber interior makes it look like a $1Million Bucks!

Old 11-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche997TT
My Turbo was a JUNE build. It came to Tampa, FL in late JULY....Wait was horrible!! LOL Every time I saw a PORSCHE I was like WTF man im getting jealous. But once you see it your going to be drooling.

And I got the shakes the 1st week i drove it. I couldn't believe it was possible to make a car that fast!! 40-60mph(1sec.) is like a missle.!!!!
I will be exactly the same way - I am already making note of every Turbo I spot on the street. The saving grace, I have a beautiful C4S that I absolutely love and will be able to drive it until my new car arrives.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:26 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
It will be a 08.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:31 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
I don't think dealers have 2009 allocations yet, so it will be a 2008.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:38 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
No it'll be a 2008. A build date is a little misleading. Once all the parts of the car are available it only takes about a week to assemble it. When your order is firm, Porsche will set about getting all the special parts for the car started. Leadtimes for some parts may be several months, so with a build date of July actual production might start in March or April for some items like upholstery options.

Look at the bright side. Take the money you'll be spending on the car and invest it short term. The interest may let you buy more options. Whee! It's gonna be fun. The wait will be like getting a waterboarding at Gitmo.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:46 AM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
I was looking for a 07 build at the time , dealer had a early 08 build date so I took it , Carrear Motors in Bend Oregon offered me a 08 for the 07 price...

The two things I forgot to order was the Defroster trim in leather with Dev stitch and the Dome Int light in leather with dev, I did have the dealer order me the dome light trim in leather with dev stitch....

My first choice would be Cocoa brown with white Stitch , Followed by the Sea Blue that I have...

Get the 09

Iam going with a 2010 next....

Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 PM
lager99 is on a distinguished road
July build? Holy crap!! I'd look elsewhere and get it sooner.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
No it'll be a 2008. A build date is a little misleading. Once all the parts of the car are available it only takes about a week to assemble it. When your order is firm, Porsche will set about getting all the special parts for the car started. Leadtimes for some parts may be several months, so with a build date of July actual production might start in March or April for some items like upholstery options.

Look at the bright side. Take the money you'll be spending on the car and invest it short term. The interest may let you buy more options. Whee! It's gonna be fun. The wait will be like getting a waterboarding at Gitmo.
I should have thought of that. I actually was at the Porsche factory last month and watched a car get built from start to finish. Once all the parts reach your personal "shopping cart" a robotic cart that goes from station to station, your car is built in four hours!!! Thanks for the clarification.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:06 PM
funcars is on a distinguished road
My 2008 997tt was completed on 7/2/07, and I knew I had a 2008 allocation as of May 2007 when the order was accepted. An allocation this early probably means 2008. You should have lots of time to select, change, re-change, and then change again before locking in. Good luck with the wait...