997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997tt horn not good??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:04 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
997tt horn not good??

Does anybody know where the horns are in the 997tt. My horn is working but I think it sounds like only one of the two are blowing. I dont feel like going to the dealer. Help please anybody..

Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
Old 01-23-2008, 06:32 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
When did you get another TT? Congrats!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:55 PM
BLKM3 is on a distinguished road
People having a hard time hearing your horn? Makes a highway race more difficult!!

Anyways I think your horn should be fine. These Porsche Horns are pretty weak.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:22 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
When did you get another TT? Congrats!!!
He bought stealth's cobalt 997TT.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:23 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
I got the griot red air horns...works perfectly and loud enough for sure!

Old 01-23-2008, 07:56 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by AsianImage
I got the griot red air horns...works perfectly and loud enough for sure!
Can you furnish any info?? How about installation, did they fit in alright where the porsche horns were? No problem with electrical system handling the griot horns? And finally, was the installment difficult....where are the std horns found and what needs to be taken apart?? Can't find such info anywhere. Porsche keeps such things highly secret.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Where are they on the car?? I know it sounds like its from the front, but what do you do to get to them??

Old 01-24-2008, 07:47 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by monsoonmadness
Where are they on the car?? I know it sounds like its from the front, but what do you do to get to them??
I have a feeling, this horn-placement issue, is another one of these mysterious porsche items that most owners do not know about and for those few that do know most likely won't take out the time to let the many unknowledgeable porsche drivers have such difficult to find information. I found the same "pulling hen's teeth" trying to get information about changing the oil on these beauties. However, I have to give credit to board members for their excellent explanation of fuse-box hook-up for V1s which saved a lot of fuss not having to use the wires from either the mirror or moonroof. Also tremendous amts of help was given for exhaust and computer chip upgrades (+wheel upgrades). And too, I gotta admit the turbo horns are whimpy at best and need a fix. The Hella horns from Griot seem a good bet if compatible with tt-electrical system, but I can imagine the problems finding this info if even the location issue cannot be cleared up.

Last edited by johnww; 01-24-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:00 AM
JCS
JCS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by monsoonmadness
Does anybody know where the horns are in the 997tt. My horn is working but I think it sounds like only one of the two are blowing. I dont feel like going to the dealer. Help please anybody..

Here is the horn location.

Last edited by JCS; 03-18-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by JCS
Here is the horn location.
Wow, that was fast. Appreciate the photos very much. I guess from the photo, the horns are assessible from underneath the tt rather than through the trunk. Now to find out if the Griot-Hella horns are compatible with tt's electrical system and my beauty will have a horn it deserves.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:48 AM
JCS
JCS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by johnww
Wow, that was fast. Appreciate the photos very much. I guess from the photo, the horns are assessible from underneath the tt rather than through the trunk. Now to find out if the Griot-Hella horns are compatible with tt's electrical system and my beauty will have a horn it deserves.

You did'nt really think it was going to be THAT easy ? Lol

I'm not 100% sure, but you may have to remove the front bumper cover to get at the horn
(it's not that bad, just a couple of torx screws, and unplugging a wiring harness )

Last edited by JCS; 01-24-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the info; Looks like the dealer is gonna worry about this one..

Old 01-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by JCS
You did'nt really think it was going to be THAT easy ? Lol

I'm not 100% sure, but you may have to remove the front bumper cover to get at the horn
(it's not that bad, just a couple of torx screws, and unplugging a wiring harness )
Yeah right...just a couple torx screws....those things "aren't that bad" until you try and do them.....thanks, however, for the info. For a louder horn and if you are correct, might be best to splice into the horn wire with the relay for a second horn.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:13 PM
MichaelL will become famous soon enoughMichaelL will become famous soon enough
The stock Porsche horns are weak. I had the bumper off for installation of a third radiator and had Hella air horns put in at the same time. It was necessary to have a fused power lead to the relay from the battery for the increased current.

The post recommending the "Hornblowers" site was not overly practical, the air compressors & horns would fill the entire trunk of the car. The systems with a public address might be worth looking into, however, you could yell at the road toad in front of you to get out of the way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997tt horn not good??