997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Final Final Spec.....Honest !.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 12:49 PM
khaosai is on a distinguished road
Final Final Spec.....Honest !.

Hi,

changed my spec a few times, but finally settled on whats listed below. Submitted to Porsche, and received the confirmation on an estimated build date of 10th March 08. Be here in May.

Hope i have most things covered.

997 TT.

GT Silver.

Black leather interior.

P01 Adaptive Sports Seats.

810 Floor mats.

XSH Seat belts in silver-grey.

640 Sports chrono package plus.

XCZ Sport shifter.

431 3 Spoke multi function steering wheel in leather.

XSC Porsche crest on head restraints.

XMZ Rear section of centre console in leather.

XTV Door finishers in leather.

XNS Steering column casing leather.

CPT Lid of storage bin with porsche crest.

CDZ Gear lever trim leather.

XMP Sun visors in leather.

XZD Interior light cover leather.

CCP PCM package aluminium look.

XCG Sports seat backrests aluminium look.

CCW Belt outlet B-pillars aluminium look.

CDD Y trim on 3 spoke steering wheel aluminium look.

DAD Gear lever and handbrake lever aluminium 11.

Also ordered the Porsche crest in silver for the hood/bonnet, got it, and it looks great.

Its going to be a long wait !.

Rgds.

Last edited by khaosai; 01-26-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds good. May be too many crests on the interior - many folks go with the turbo logo on the storage bin lid instead of the crest, especially with the crested seats. But sounds like a winner either way!

Old 01-26-2008, 01:19 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Looks good - you have a pic of the CDD Y trim on the steering wheel?

Old 01-26-2008, 01:20 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Agreed. I think most go with CUV, the turbo logo, not the crest.

Also, is this tiptronic or manual? Sounds like manual because you have the sport shifter? If so, you need to add LSD. Very important and cheap, a no brainer must-have & recommended by nearly all "experts."

Finally you might want to read more re. multi function wheel. I'd say the majority of "us" go for the thicker sports wheel (xpa??), NOT the multi function wheel. Multi function wheel is thinner (even the thicker version is thinner) & lacks the important thumbrests at 2 and 10 o'clock positions. It is also larger in diameter (not desirable). YMMV of course, but some, *not all*, have reported functions added by multi function wheels not that critical/great/necessary.
If you MUST have mf wheel, there is another option code that makes it thicker; don't remember the code off hand now. Unless you plan to go after-market, I'd think this is important.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Sounds good. May be too many crests on the interior - many folks go with the turbo logo on the storage bin lid instead of the crest, especially with the crested seats. But sounds like a winner either way!

Last edited by cannga; 01-26-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi Eric,

good point, and i did deliberate over that choice. Went for the crest in the end as it looked better on the configurator to me when using the rear view option. Time will tell !.

Hi E55AMG, sorry no photo of the Aluminium Y trim on the steering wheel. Just seen it on the configurator, and looks worthwhile to me.

Eric, thanks for the Porsche bonnet crest via airmail. Really pleased with how it looks. The guy at the showroom was impressed with it too. May be looking for your services again for the Dension Ipod integration. Where does the actual ipod end up sitting when fitting is complete ?.

Rgds.

Last edited by khaosai; 01-26-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by khaosai
May be looking for your services again for the Dension Ipod integration. Where does the actual ipod end up sitting when fitting is complete ?.

Rgds.
iPod goes in the glove box, all iPod data shows on the PCM where you can control all of it. Very slick. And don't forget the Tooki Bluetooth unit too!

Old 01-26-2008, 04:10 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Agreed with swapping out compartment logo from crest to turbo logo instead. Looks VERY elegant.

Very important to get LSD too, and this is option code CPA for thicker rims on multifunction steering wheel.

I personally prefer the standard version but if you have to get the multifunction then definitely get CPA. Everything else looks good.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi guys,

thanks for the tips. Like the idea of a thicker steering wheel, so will go and chat to the dealer to see if it can be added.

Rgds.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:10 AM
whyb2nd is on a distinguished road
drop the multi function on the wheel (you press them when you don't want to and will hardly use them) and get the better thicker sport wheel...

Old 02-08-2008, 01:10 AM
Hi,

updated to confirm thicker multi function steering wheel added. Code CPA.

Thought long and hard about the thicker sports steering wheel, but decided in the end to stick with the 3 spoke multi. The main reason is to avoid having any of the volcano grey parts porsche have on some components.

I seem to have had a real aluminium look fetish, which hopefully will end when the car arrives !.

Rgds.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
I used to have MF steering on my previous porsche and barely used it ... got the thicker sports steering wheel and its much better.

i would recomend the turbo logo on storage compartment it looks so much better.

i dont really fancy the alluminum look on the porsche, they r more like plastic look :P, IMHO, best option would be CF with full leather instead of alluminum look.

oh and as everyone else mentioned LSD is a must.

you ordering from Al nabooda ? thats a good waiting time :P

Old 02-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi Dubai TT,

yes on order from Al Naboodah. Build date mid March. Intially had a deposit on a GT3 last year which did not materialise. After deliberation i then changed that to a TT.

Thanks for the advice. Feel happy with the spec now and just hope it meets and exceeds my expectations. Not a big fan of the carbon to be honest.

Did you get your boost problem solved ?. Would be good to hear of your general views on the car and any thoughts on what problems to look out for.

Rgds.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by khaosai
Hi Dubai TT,

yes on order from Al Naboodah. Build date mid March. Intially had a deposit on a GT3 last year which did not materialise. After deliberation i then changed that to a TT.

Thanks for the advice. Feel happy with the spec now and just hope it meets and exceeds my expectations. Not a big fan of the carbon to be honest.

Did you get your boost problem solved ?. Would be good to hear of your general views on the car and any thoughts on what problems to look out for.

Rgds.
havent solved the boost issue yet as i need to be down there in person to deal with them cant do it over the phone. heading back to Dubai in a few days time.