997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Overprotective with the 997tt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 12:16 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
This is obviously a very personal decision for all and depends on their circumstances, financial situation, commute, and mostly personality (neurotic, OC, layed back - ???) I must say though, that seeing the picture of that C4S cracked up made me very sad - ouch! That also happened to a friend of mine who had only 3000 miles on his C4S that was five years old. Perhaps there is some benefit even to driving these cars as Daily Drivers - you get to know the car so well and get comfortable in them so you can better react to situations??

Old 03-09-2008, 12:40 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gretapass
This is obviously a very personal decision for all and depends on their circumstances, financial situation, commute, and mostly personality (neurotic, OC, layed back - ???) I must say though, that seeing the picture of that C4S cracked up made me very sad - ouch! That also happened to a friend of mine who had only 3000 miles on his C4S that was five years old. Perhaps there is some benefit even to driving these cars as Daily Drivers - you get to know the car so well and get comfortable in them so you can better react to situations??
Well I recognize that the vast majority really doesn't have the time to truly
enjoy their cars on the open road or the track. Most are workaholics, raising families, and paying the bills. So yes, using a turbo as a daily driver may be the only option they have to drive the car and that's sad.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:57 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Jason wins!

Originally Posted by atomic80
I drive and care for her because she's mine not because I'm thinking of the next owner.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Well I recognize that the vast majority really doesn't have the time to truly
enjoy their cars on the open road or the track. Most are workaholics, raising families, and paying the bills. So yes, using a turbo as a daily driver may be the only option they have to drive the car and that's sad.
Yes, and here in Washington State, nearly impossible to get insurance coverage on any track so that option is out for many of us unfortunately.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Here is my garage queened 2006 997S cab. Blemish free, not a single ding, no scratches, no nicks, no chips, perfectly conditioned leather, Menzerna polished, Pinnacle Sovereign coated paint, Wheel Waxed wheels, tire pressures checked within 1/10th PSI factory specs. Look where it got me. Drive it and enjoy the hell out of it, after all it's a depreciating asset and no amount of babying will change that.

i really cared a little too much for my 1st TT, but it ended up being in a very big accident. luckily, nothing happened to me. now i'm waiting for the second one, i'll try hard not to go crazy too much this time, it's really not worth it.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Transporter987S is on a distinguished road
Ouch..