997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

AWE 700 kit installation teaser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:32 AM
E-brake is on a distinguished road
Who makes the upgraded turbos?

Any data on the turbos would be nice

Old 03-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E-brake

Here are some update posts we have done during the development of the kit. (in order from earliest to the latest)

Please review.

Update #1 -Drag run
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...highlight=700s

Update #2
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&highlight=700

Update #3 - 700 on pump - 750 on race gas

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 03-18-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I am afraid to mix and match but I already have some parts. I am not worried about reflashing the software to match the upgrade but .

I already have intake (Werks1)
I already have headers (evo)
I already have exhaust(Tubi
I already have intercoolers (Evo)
The plenum is in transit from IBD to my tuner
So ...Drumroll
Can I add the Turbo's with confidence of some type of reliability and peformance WITHOUT changing the entire setup.

Would I have to add a new clutch to hold the Hp?

Can this combination of parts be the one car which creates even more or less or different HP ?

Lastly -what parts would I need ?

And cost(you can PM me that if you wish).
Thanks
PM sent. Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for your interest in our products.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by E-brake

The turbos are built to specs as researched by us and BorgWarner.

They are built for us by a reputable BorgWarner Authorized US based rebuilder using a mix our our parts and BorgWarner parts.

This kit has been extensively dyno, street, and track tested for durability. We have had zero issues with the turbo design and rebuilding process.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
***********ANY AND ALL PRICING INQUIRIES*********

Please email me directly.

Thank you!

mike@awe-tuning.com

Old 03-18-2008, 12:30 PM
cooperlee will become famous soon enough
with all the extra hp, do we need to upgrade the stock clutch?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by cooperlee
with all the extra hp, do we need to upgrade the stock clutch?
Yes, a Stg2 clutch will be needed.

We have the Sachs Stg2 with our LWFW installed.

The flywheel is not 100% necessary. Reason why I like it is simply for the downshifts. I could never get my timing right with the stock flywheel even coming down from higher speeds. When I blipped the throttle the revs just hung up there for too long. After the flywheel, the revs dropped quicker after the blip. The heel/toe became butter smooth.

Another benefit of the flywheel is the replaceable wear surface. These are aluminum flywheels with a steel face. The steel face is where the clutch makes contact. If you change your clutch down the road, there is no need to replace the flywheel. You just replace the surface! Can't do that with the OEM flywheel...

If you are a GT3 owner and you are reading this thread, the exact same kit is used in your car. No need for the over priced RS flywheel. This is the same weight and bolts right in. This is a MUST HAVE if you own a GT3. It should have either been an option or standard on all of the cars.

See here for more info:
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...n&IL=996stage2

Old 03-18-2008, 07:51 PM
AvusRS6 will become famous soon enoughAvusRS6 will become famous soon enough
I have the Stg2 and I must admit that it feels like stock clutch and the lightweight flywheel seems to make blips much easier.

However there is A LOT of chattering. I mean quite a bit actually, but seems to go away after 2500RPM or so. At a red light I'm always holding the clutch down since it chatters so much. The peformance vs. comfort factor once again. The flywheel was very inexpensive IMO so we went for it. Do I regret it? Hard to say actually, my wife noticed right away and thought something was wrong with my car

Old 03-18-2008, 07:56 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
I have the Stg2 and I must admit that it feels like stock clutch and the lightweight flywheel seems to make blips much easier.

However there is A LOT of chattering. I mean quite a bit actually, but seems to go away after 2500RPM or so. At a red light I'm always holding the clutch down since it chatters so much. The peformance vs. comfort factor once again. The flywheel was very inexpensive IMO so we went for it. Do I regret it? Hard to say actually, my wife noticed right away and thought something was wrong with my car

What make you choose the clutch ? I'm running roughly 600Hp on my current car on the stock clutch without a single issue . The day I decide to jump to 700 Hp I know the clutch won't last .

Old 03-18-2008, 07:59 PM
AvusRS6 will become famous soon enoughAvusRS6 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Here are some update posts we have done during the development of the kit. (in order from earliest to the latest)

Please review.

Update #1 -Drag run

Update #2
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&highlight=700

Update #3 - 700 on pump - 750 on race gas
Are the turbos stock turbos with bigger compressor wheels?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:36 AM
HRTC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
***********ANY AND ALL PRICING INQUIRIES*********

Please email me directly.

Thank you!

mike@awe-tuning.com
You have an email

Old 03-19-2008, 06:45 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Sorry for the lack of updates. The car is frighteningly fast on pump gas - just amazing! Full update to follow with more pics.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:39 AM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by eclou
Sorry for the lack of updates. The car is frighteningly fast on pump gas - just amazing! Full update to follow with more pics.

Awesome eclou!

Can't wait to hear your impressions! I got a ride with Mike in AWEs development car, violent and wonderfully insane are the terms that come to mind. How do the brakes feel? Still adeaquate? AWE has GTRs on theirs.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:16 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I haven't driven too much or hard yet <10 minutes. Want to break-in the turbos gently, need to retorque everything after a couple of heat cycles and then change the oil before running harder. I plan to make some 60-130 runs this weekend

Old 03-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by HRTC
You have an email
Back at ya!

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AWE 700 kit installation teaser