997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

To the dreamers of a 997tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:17 PM
12007tt is on a distinguished road
The 911 is unique. In all its forms. The 997tt is the most beautiful of them all.

K

Old 04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
futuredoc is on a distinguished road
I'm currently a dreamer. I got in to cars initially because my dad is a huge old-school muscle fan and we went to a lot of car shows together. As I got older, I still appreciated the old school muscle (I still drool at the site of a black 69 SS camaro with white stripes), but also started to appreciate high-end exotics more. When I was 16 I got to drive an M3, and that started my love for german engineering, as well as my love of driving in general. One of my favorite things to do in this world is to go out for a long drive on a curvy road, and not many things do that better than a Porsche. I love "drivers" cars, and Porsche is right at the top of that list along with Ferrari, etc. That is why I dream of these cars and not a car like a Lexus that is really comfortable and luxurious but detaches the driver from the experience of driving. Enjoy the drive everyone!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
honghong322 is on a distinguished road
I'll hopefully move up to a TT someday!

Old 04-03-2008, 07:04 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XselR8
I have a 997 S cab and ordered a t-cab last week. I swore I would never order a car and wait for it. But now Im in count down mode as many of you have done. When I was 14 my brother inlaw tossed me the keys to his 911 S and let me take it out by myself without a license. It made a lasting impression and although I've had many types of cars I always knew someday I would own a Porsche. Im not wealthy like many of you but I have pretty respectable earning power at this phase of my life and getting a t-cab truthfully is a dream come true.
Brian, congratulations! Now to decide what color. It will be fun to see you parked next to me at the gym in the mornings. I'd say we are quite rich to be able to drive a car like this!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:17 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
I always considered the Porsche the ultimate sports car and the Turbo the ultimate Porsche. It was an idle dream for a long time while I focused on more mundane things like buying a house. I've always loved cars, but never made them a priority. When I got a little extra money, I considered a Porsche, but couldn't pull the trigger--- too impractical. Too indulgent.

I got an E60 M5 instead. The power was/is intoxicating. I started tracking it. Those pesky P-cars kept passing me. I couldn't get the 911 out of my mind, and yet I knew I had to go for the Turbo to avoid a "step backward" from the M5. So I was back at the car dealer after six months ordering a 997TT. Had to wait six more months to get it, but I have loved it ever since (even the waiting was fun).

Definitely a dream come true. Too expensive? Yes. Too indulgent? Yes. Too powerful? Yes. But I have no regrets.....

Old 04-03-2008, 09:51 PM
chaimo is on a distinguished road
I'm 18 and live in a wealthy area. I've always loved fast cars, but since I'm so young and have such limited income I cannot live my dream...yet. Luckily, my parents are going to be paying for college for me followed by med school, so hopefully if all goes well I will be able to stop living vicariously through online forums and truly live the dream of owning a P-car. After my first ride in one of my father's friends 997tt, I fell in love with porsches and ever since, have wanted one. Currently I drive a car thats a bit slower than the turbo...a pontiac g6 4 cylinder...171 hp of fury. Great thread guys.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
I've always been interested in cars, playing with them since I was a little kid. I've never counted how many toy cars I have back home but there are hundreds and hundreds of them.
The first real car I "fell in love with" was the E36 M3 coupe. It was my dream car, ahead of all the Ferraris and Lambos. I got an 93' E36 320 coupe which I modified to have an M3 exterior which I loved. Then came the E39 M5, E46 M3 and 996TT which were even more desireble than the E36. I always hanged out on M5board and found 6speed through there and my love for Porsches and Turbo charged 911's in particular have grown more and more for each day since then.
I am not even close to being able to afford any of those cars, I'm sad to say, but I think about how I would spec my (if I could afford one) 997TT daily! I just can't seem to make up my mind if I want a black or a white one though...

I visit 6speed several times a day together with some other boards, and have fairly good know-how on most of the mods and tuners out there. Fast cars, and modified fast cars in particular, are my biggest interest by far. 911 TT/GT's, MY 99' and up Lambos, all of the BMW M-series and MY 2000+ Ferraris are the top guns in my book.

For now, day dreaming is the closest I get to owning one of those beasts, but I hope that I will have one in my garage some day. This may sound really lame but just sitting behind the wheel of a 997TT would be a huge deal for me, it would make me smile so much that one would think there was something wrong with me!
I just, love them.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:01 PM
ArcticBoost is on a distinguished road
Another dreamer here.

I've been lurking on forums for years, trying to learn every single aspect of each and every sports car on the road. My passion is cars, and will continue to be so until I reach the point in my life in which I can purchase something along the lines of a 997tt.

I admire all of you, and aspire to one day achieve the greatness you all have conquered. The day I make a purchase along these lines is the day I know I'm finally beginning to live my dream.

/touching story

Old 04-05-2008, 12:37 PM
turbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud of
My Porsche 911 dream has been simmering ever since I owned two different vintages of the 911 in the late 1980's. Since I have been working out of the country most of the time since then, I've been putting off getting another until I am home more to enjoy it. Well that time has come and I have a 997tt on order for June/July delivery. The dealer didn't even have one in stock at the time, but a kind soul who happened to be at the dealer with his new one for the first service let me take it out for a test drive. That's just the sort of folks you find in the Porsche community. Absolutely awesome. Of course, now the wait is almost unbearable and I almost had a coronary when the factory shut down due to paint oven explosion awhile back. Anyway, it's amazing how my interest in these cars has never faded over the years and I look forward to renewing my relationship with these awesome machines. As they say, there is no substitute.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ArcticBoost
I admire all of you, and aspire to one day achieve the greatness you all have conquered. The day I make a purchase along these lines is the day I know I'm finally beginning to live my dream.
Arctic: OK. Now you've gone too far, It's just a car. From your mod list, I assume you'd spank half of us here around a tight track-- that's the kind of greatest to aspire to, not writing a big check for a big toy.

Of course, big toys are pretty great too-- just not necessarily their owners.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:58 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
I've been reading this forum for awhile and been on the m3 forum for aswell, yeah the cars are totally different, but these are the two cars am considering. Since the m3 is over priced and the my cousin just look delivery of his F430 this morning, it's made me want a 997TT even more!

To be honest, the 997TT is going to be my own money purchase instead of my god loving parents.

Oh yeah, I've been driving a Range Rover Sport, so moving up to a TT (hopefully soon) will be a big jump for me.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:07 PM
trblsht is on a distinguished road
Dreamer here. Am gonna keep it brief. Back in the day, i didn't think that Porsche could build a strong non-turbo street car until the '04 Carrera GT burst onto the scene sporting north of 600hp.

I can't afford that car nor can i the 997 tt,but thanks to forum members here and elsewhere *youtube* we get to see these car's in a sort of real life way that a magazine article will never carry.

Someday i'll get one in the meantime enjoy your vehicles and keep on sharing.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:47 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
For me part of the joy in having this car is to share the fun with those who like it too. 6speed does have events . I have never gone (yet) mostly because on Sundays I wake up late enough that "cars and coffee" is in session.

I feel that you guys ought to stick around this board because as others get to know you and you learn about the car --it would be nice if you participated . Look at how much fun the thread has been .

You don't have to have the car to enjoy it with me . My guess is that other owners may feel similar sentiment .

Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 AM
eXpensiveGears is on a distinguished road
Dreamer as well. When I was 8 years old I went to a Toyota dealership to buy a truck with my dad and it just so happens the owner of the dealership group pulls in with a bright red Lamborghini Countach. It was history after that day that I would be interested in cars of all backgrounds. 1 more year until I finish undergrad and we'll see if a Turbo or any P-car for that matter is in my future, hopefully sooner than later.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:19 AM
mkv
mkv is on a distinguished road
im a dreamer...21 years old and for as long as I can remember I've dreamt of owning a 911T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To the dreamers of a 997tt