997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

North Jersey Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 10:43 AM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
North Jersey Service

North Jersey folks.

I bought my car at Don Rosen in PA. Don't feel like making the trip all the way out there for my first service. Anyone have any reviews (good or bad) of the following?

1 - Ray Catena Porsche
2 - Paul Miller Porsche
3 - Jack Daniels Porsche
4 - Manhattan Motorcars

I'm leaning towards # 3 just because of the proximity to Hoboken.

TIA.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 AM
SaintlySins has a spectacular aura aboutSaintlySins has a spectacular aura about
If you have an 'issue' ... go to Paul Miller (see Aaron at service desk, tell him Gregory St. James referred you) and request "Marty" work on the car. I won't buy a car there till they rid themselves of the Sales Mgr (long, ugly story, find it on another thread) - but regardless of where I buy my P-Cars (Private Seller, Houston, Ray Catena, Newport Beach), they all get any 'issues' or major service done by Marty at Paul Miller.
He's fixed things other dealerships couldn't/didn't. He'll explain it to you if you ask. Genuinely a nice, soft-spoken guy who takes pride in his work.
This doesn't discount anyone else ... but I KNOW it's done right once with Marty on the wrench.
Hope this helps.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:46 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Funny...I bought my cab from Don Rosen and had the same issue...

I bought my 997TT at Jack Daniels and they are great for service. As a matter of fact, my car is there AGAIN for leaking coolant...

You can't go wrong with JD...they are top notch...

Old 10-23-2008, 03:15 PM
thanks for the replies so far. I'm only going in for annual checkup... still haven't hit 5k miles.

Any other input is still welcome.

thanks again.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Y65MPH will become famous soon enoughY65MPH will become famous soon enough
If you must go to the dealer. Go to Jack Daniels and ask for Allen. If you do not want to go to the dealer and are looking for a "Real" shop, than go to Protosport in Pompton Plains. They are far beter than any dealer.

Craig

Old 10-23-2008, 04:39 PM
SaintlySins has a spectacular aura aboutSaintlySins has a spectacular aura about
I am not trying to be controversial or argumentative with RACLAIMS, but how can Jack Daniels be that good if they're fixing a coolant leak twice?
Only looking for clarity ... who knows, maybe its from two separate incidents and has nothing to do with the first repair.
On the other-hand, I have heard about Allen's talents with the wrench at Jack Daniels.
You did leave Town Motors, Englewood, NJ off your list, I mention them for location convenience - I know a few owners who swear by the place.
Y65MPH gave a great shop also. These guys live and breath P-Cars - but I don't know if they do warranty work.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Y65MPH will become famous soon enoughY65MPH will become famous soon enough
On the flip side having a relationship with a dealer is not a bad thing when owning a 997TT. I have yet to meet an owner that has not a significant number of issues with their vehicle. My buddies 997TT has more vertical miles on the lift than horizontal on the road. Protosport can not do warranty work.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:32 PM
rich_daystrom is on a distinguished road
Everything SaintlySins said is 100% correct - Aaron and Marty are the best! Let me know when they get a new sales manager.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Interesting counterpoint on Jack Daniels. In the past, I had good experiences with them (they have me a loaner for free and did a good job at a competitive price on my 30k mile major service eventhough I didn't buy the car there). That was until I took a set of tires to them for a mount and balance. They used a super strong solvent to clean the brake dust off my wheels and it actually ate through the wheel paint. They told me that I'd have to pay for the repair to the wheels because the wheels had apparently been repaired in the past and they did a poor paint job. I bought the car used, so I can't be sure they're not right, but it left a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm still deciding if I want to take the car back there.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:14 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SaintlySins
I am not trying to be controversial or argumentative with RACLAIMS, but how can Jack Daniels be that good if they're fixing a coolant leak twice?
Only looking for clarity ... who knows, maybe its from two separate incidents and has nothing to do with the first repair.
Good question. It has nothing to do with them...for some reason my radiator was pissing fluid...they replaced it under warranty with a new one and now this one is pissing as well...seems to be a parts issue not a service one...

Old 10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
Marty and Bob at Paul Miller are the absolute best....

Old 10-24-2008, 06:25 PM
petros600 will become famous soon enough
+1 for everything SaintlySins said. Ask for Aaron and have Bob or Marty to work on the car.
A very good friend of mine works there so i dont have to deal with the sales manager.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:29 PM
il nino will become famous soon enoughil nino will become famous soon enough
Marty has been working on my cars for nearly 20 years. He's the best. You may have to wait for him so if it is a routine item, schedule it far ahead.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for all the input. I went to Jack Daniels. I can't believe that it was $677 for service. they didn't do anything except check the electronics and change the oil and check the tires... unreal.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:56 AM
Yep...just had the same service...I'm in the wrong business.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: North Jersey Service