997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ran into a 997 turbo 700hp kit on RT1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:56 PM
john36 is on a distinguished road
Ran into a 997 turbo 700hp kit on RT1

Ran into a 997tt on RT1 in miami tonight. We got to talk in traffic a little and it's a member on 6speedonline (very nice owner). Anyone know who it is because I am trying to find the pictures of it here that's posted. It's black on black and very fast. I was driving the TT g35 with MD tags that's pushing 460rwhp and I stood no chance

Old 12-05-2008, 08:14 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by john36
Ran into a 997tt on RT1 in miami tonight. We got to talk in traffic a little and it's a member on 6speedonline (very nice owner). Anyone know who it is because I am trying to find the pictures of it here that's posted. It's black on black and very fast. I was driving the TT g35 with MD tags that's pushing 460rwhp and I stood no chance
Hey man --it's me (lol) .

It's good to see you and welcome to this little corner in cyberspace .
Here's a few pictures although AOL sent notice that as of Jan 1 they will close photo gallery .

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/yrralis1

Old 12-05-2008, 08:21 PM
lol thank you. Your car looked amazing in person and one of the cleanest turbo's around. I wish we had a little more space to open it up I come down to miami about once a month it would be amazing if we could meet one of these days so I can get a ride in that beast

Old 12-05-2008, 10:22 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Thank you . It's actually quite rare to see me sitting in traffic as I usually drive my car on weekends but today I just got bitten by the bug to crank up the engine . I stopped to look at the PDK cars at the local P car dealership too making for an overall fun day . It's part of the reason I enjoy this car so much .

Feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to show you the car . Your ride was quite interesting too as i did notice some exhaust engine work done .

Stick around this forum long enough and the Porsche bug might get you too . Be well.

Last edited by yrralis1; 12-05-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:30 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
^^^And once you get behind the wheel of one, you too will become a victim and start your way up the Porsche food chain like the rest of us.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gretapass
^^^And once you get behind the wheel of one, you too will become a victim and start your way up the Porsche food chain like the rest of us.
Good one

Old 12-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Greta --over the years I have bounced up and down the food chain and even exited the meal plan . My first 911 was a 993 , then a 993 Turbo and then I thought I would mature (Ha) and bought an M5 . I miss the 993tt. Then two 996 cars onto a 997S launch car only to watch theives and vandles take my xenon liughts from the last two Porsches . So I exited again . This time I wanted an anonymous car and leased a BMW and and hoped I could just get over Porsche. Only to jump right back in with a 997S and then a Turbo.

It's been a heck of a decade + joy ride in these cars comprised of highs and lows but overall I have loved the journey. And now I don't drive my car daily and it's the first one which I preserve as so precious . I have detailed every aspect of modifying it the best I can and even if I am sitting in traffic like today --I feel like it's a vacation.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough

LOL sad but true.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:17 PM
lol yeah i need a porsche....it really is an amazing car. The g35 has the greddy TT kit with aem fuel manage system and a custom tune, it's a fun car but doesn't even compare to the 997tt performance. Your 997turbo is modified perfectly where it looks like it's factory until you take a closer look and see all the little touches. Looks like it's time to start saving

Old 12-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by john36
lol yeah i need a porsche....it really is an amazing car. The g35 has the greddy TT kit with aem fuel manage system and a custom tune, it's a fun car but doesn't even compare to the 997tt performance. Your 997turbo is modified perfectly where it looks like it's factory until you take a closer look and see all the little touches. Looks like it's time to start saving

I have heard of greddy as well as AEM both of which were components recommended for my Honda Si . I kept it stock though but heard that these are quality parts .

The swap from a G35 into a Porsche not too far off cost wise with some nice used P cars (996 Turbo or 997S) . In the meantime you can enjoy the car you have which you have equipped very tastefully .

That's the fun part of all this . One gets to look forward to something . Even when you have a Porsche you may look forward to your next Porsche so it never ends.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:30 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Larry, I too have been through my share of Pcars and other nice cars - some Garage Queens and others as Daily Drivers. Fortunately (knock on wood), I have not had any unfortunate circumstances like you - except the time my husband backed out of the garage into my white Boxster S. I immediately took it to the dealer to inquire about getting it repaired, and came home with a white 996 C4S (that'll teach him - LOL). I too am so neurotic about keeping mine detailed and in perfect condition. I use q-tips in small areas and only the very best products and special towels that I use special soap to wash. I know it is really sad - but it is my hobby and I really love the car. But I do also drive my new turbo as my daily driver and smile every time I get behind the wheel, even if I am going just up to the store (which sometimes can take me several hours if I take the very long way over the mountain pass - LOL). I am not saving this car for anyone. I paid alot of money for it and it will depreciate no matter what, so I take care of it but drive it every day and enjoy every minute!!!

Last edited by gretapass; 12-06-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:38 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
I got to drive a black Cayman we got as a trade at work. That NA boxer motor sounded quite nice.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Larry, I too have been through my share of Pcars and other nice cars - some Garage Queens and others as Daily Drivers. Fortunately (knock on wood), I have not had any unfortunate circumstances like you - except the time my husband backed out of the garage into my white Boxster S. I immediately took it to the dealer to inquire about getting it repaired, and came home with a white 996 C4S (that'll teach him - LOL). I too am so neurotic about keeping mine detailed and in perfect condition. I use q-tips in small areas and only the very best products and special towels that I use special soap to wash. I know it is really sad - but it is my hobby and I really love the car. But I do also drive my new turbo as my daily driver and smile every time I get behind the wheel, even if I am going just up to the store (which sometimes can take me several hours if I take the very long way over the mountain pass - LOL). I am not saving this car for anyone. I paid alot of money for it and it will depreciate no matter what, so I take care of it but drive it every day and enjoy every minute!!!

Greta -- the hardest part for me of using my car daily is the worry. Every time I park it .. I worry . Especially after I worked so hard to customize it. The emotional reasoning would be irrational if nothing had ever happened to previous Porsches . I caught a guy sitting in my 993 ready to steal it . My 996 had the entire front end torn off by xenon theft leaving two huge holes where my lights were . The 997S had the lights taken so many times that i drove up to BMW with the rear lights hanging . It was not just me . This guy is my neighbor (post number 50) and we realized we knew each other somewhere on this forum. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-keyed-4.html

So now I have the three cars . The 08 M3 and 07 Si come in handy and the Porsche is preserved . Long live the king Turbo !!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:09 PM
^^^You are up late tonight Larry - after midnight there isn't it! I totally understand - I worry too and if I had circumstances happen like you have, I would do the same. If I ever get another daily driver, I think I'll get a MiniCooper S (paint it white like H20skier did). My "someday" car though is a white CGT with black interior - then the turbo will become my daily and the CGT can be a garage queen! One has to have dreams, right! (some girls bring home purses, I bring home Porsche's - hahaha)

Old 12-06-2008, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE][except the time my husband backed out of the garage into my white Boxster S. I immediately took it to the dealer to inquire about getting it repaired, and came home with a white 996 C4S (that'll teach him - LOL)./QUOTE]

I had to address this separately because I feel that yoir solution is a great example of how to turn a negative into a positive . Your insurance company must have had a very interesting chat when you made the claim.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ran into a 997 turbo 700hp kit on RT1