997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best Tuning Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:07 PM
MAR997TT is on a distinguished road
Best Tuning Shop

I have a stock 997TT that I have had for two years now and its time to seriously upgrade the car. I've decided to go for a suspension upgrade first and an exhaust and then for the other things. Looking to get the most out of my car on the track and some street use.

I wanted to know with all the options out there for parts and shops to go with, what would you look for in a tuning shop? Any good recommendations [GMG,Rennsport, TRG, etc] ? Is it better to mix and match products or get everything from one place?

I am not looking to start a nasty thread and no product bashing plz, just want good info so that I can have fun with my car on the track!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:11 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Switzer Performance Invvovation...use searxh button and you will see why

Old 12-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MAR997TT
I have a stock 997TT that I have had for two years now and its time to seriously upgrade the car. I've decided to go for a suspension upgrade first and an exhaust and then for the other things. Looking to get the most out of my car on the track and some street use.

I wanted to know with all the options out there for parts and shops to go with, what would you look for in a tuning shop? Any good recommendations [GMG,Rennsport, TRG, etc] ? Is it better to mix and match products or get everything from one place?

I am not looking to start a nasty thread and no product bashing plz, just want good info so that I can have fun with my car on the track!
MAR997TT,

I think I can help.

First, I ship internationally almost weekly. I have been doing the majority of the overseas sales for the last few years. I have streamlined the process and our shipping department is second to none. We spend thousands on making sure you parts arrive on time and undamaged.

Second, many shops specialize in one thing. While they may be very good at that one thing, they may lack in other areas that can make a well rounded car. I can assist with power, handling, and cosmetics.

If you look around our web site you will see it is not cluttered with every manufacturer under the sun. We seek out the best and partner with them if we do not make it ourselves. We do not want to confuse our clients when looking for one particular item.

I urge you to take a look around our website then compile a list of ideas or parts you are looking for your car. Even if you have no idea, email me anyway.

I can help guide you.

Mike@awe-tuning.com

Follow this link to our 997TT page:
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/porsche/index.cfm

Old 12-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Banned
ISOC8H18 is on a distinguished road
Just the title of your thread begs the question of highly opinionated replies. Anything less would be boring since it's pretty obvious which ones to choose from reading this forum. You should find start talking to reputable tuners directly and figure out which one feels right for you.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:43 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
GMG, that's an easy one.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I am glad I selected EVO.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
GMG, that's an easy one.
Says the guy with F-Loles in his sig...

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 12-17-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
I have techart springs for sale used 220.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by ISOC8H18
Just the title of your thread begs the question of highly opinionated replies. Anything less would be boring since it's pretty obvious which ones to choose from reading this forum. You should find start talking to reputable tuners directly and figure out which one feels right for you.
Point well taken. But the point is to try and identify the key points to look for when choosing a shop.

Go with a group that has won many races?
How great is their customer service and after sales help?
Would you go with a shop that has a bit of everything or specialized and good at one thing [ie suspension]?

This is what I am looking for..

Old 12-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
MAR997TT,

I think I can help.

First, I ship internationally almost weekly. I have been doing the majority of the overseas sales for the last few years. I have streamlined the process and our shipping department is second to none. We spend thousands on making sure you parts arrive on time and undamaged.

Second, many shops specialize in one thing. While they may be very good at that one thing, they may lack in other areas that can make a well rounded car. I can assist with power, handling, and cosmetics.

If you look around our web site you will see it is not cluttered with every manufacturer under the sun. We seek out the best and partner with them if we do not make it ourselves. We do not want to confuse our clients when looking for one particular item.

I urge you to take a look around our website then compile a list of ideas or parts you are looking for your car. Even if you have no idea, email me anyway.

I can help guide you.

Mike@awe-tuning.com

Follow this link to our 997TT page:
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/porsche/index.cfm

Thanks for the post. Will go through the website and get in touch with you.

As for shipping, it is good that you do have experience in that area. However, I can also arrange for a APO Box address if you ship to it.

I think with a customer that is not close by, communication and support is a key issue. Especially when there arent many good tuner shops around to install the product and give advice.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:42 PM
CHEETAH is on a distinguished road
I had a place called Stasse in San Luis Obispo build my 02 and they got close to 700HP and did a great suspension set up. They were also very fair on the price.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:06 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Opinions vary & this is my 2 cents: 4 tuners that in my opinion have excellent record based purely on the postings I have seen on this and other forums, in alphabetical order:

AWE
Imagine Auto
Sharkwerks
Vivid Racing

All are forum sponsors; their web sites are to the right of this post.

Last edited by cannga; 12-17-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Banned
ISOC8H18 is on a distinguished road
Point well taken. But the point is to try and identify the key points to look for when choosing a shop.

Would you go with a shop that has a bit of everything or specialized and good at one thing [ie suspension]?

As you can see there is no "best" tuner out there. The top ones are all good at what they do. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about who has won more races but rather someone that will stand 100% behind their work and will always be there for you when there is a problem. Location will also be a factor since ideally you don't want to have to transport your car every time there is problem so it's a good idea to get to know your local indy for troubleshooting. Good luck and have fun with your mods.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:12 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
>>Go with a group that has won many races?

BTW, IMO: winning races doesn't hurt but this definitely is *not* the requirement. I think your second condition of "customer service" is VASTLY more important.

I am not certain if any of the most reputable shops here, Sharkwerks, Imagine Auto, AWE, Vivid Racing, Lucent Motorsports, Stuttgart, etc., prep race cars (although Stuggart did in the past). They do share one thing in common: Dealing with amateurs -- which is basically who we are. Understanding the skill limitations of amateurs is in some way more important than prepping winning races IMO.

Last edited by cannga; 12-17-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Jared'sDinan3 is on a distinguished road
I have heard great things about EVO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Tuning Shop