997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Terrible Accident Police Looking For Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:06 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
My thoughts and prayers goes to the two men and his families! very tragic! I would never ever forgive myself if I was behind that white Porsche!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
I hate to assume anything but with a history of reckless driving this character smells pretty guilty.
Sweet new Avatar. Are you coming out this weekend?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:42 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Unreal...this guy is from right around my suburb!..My condolences to the victims families.

There is no escaping karma.

[quote=jjbravo;2266912]Illinoisan denies link to fatal Fla. crash

<ABBR class=published title=2009-02-18T23:05:00-06:00>February 18, 2009 11:05 PM</ABBR> | No Comments

FT. LAUDERDALE -- A Porsche apparently involved in a fatal hit-and-run accident that made headlines in Florida and England belongs to the son of a wealthy Chicago-area family, authorities said today.

Police said the sports car, which they believed mowed down two British tourists as it raced along State Road A1A on Feb. 13, belonged to Ryan LeVin, a Hoffman Estates man who is heir to the Jewels by Park Lane fortune. LeVin, 34, said he was not behind the wheel that night.
"I was not driving," Ryan LeVin told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Last edited by vbmw335; 02-19-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
BuckheadPorsche is on a distinguished road
Not the first time for this guy...

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...t-florida.html

"Cook County court records show that LeVin was sentenced to 30 months' probation in November 2007 after leading Chicago police on a high-speed pursuit in a blue 2001 Porsche Targa. Police estimated he reached speeds of 100 m.p.h. during the July 31, 2006, chase, and he struck several vehicles and injured a police officer and two motorists, according to police reports.

After the Chicago chase, police found cocaine in LeVin's car, according to court records. He initially was charged with seven felonies and ultimately pleaded guilty to one of them: aggravated fleeing.

The plea deal required LeVin to enter a substance-abuse treatment program, court documents show.

As part of his probation, he was allowed to travel to Florida to care for his parents' properties, according to court records.

Court documents from Illinois showed that as of 2007, LeVin was vice president for national sales for a company his parents founded, Jewels by Park Lane. The business is described on its Web site as "the world's leading direct sales jewelry party plan company."

Old 02-19-2009, 06:22 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I'm actually in Ft Lauderdale on vacation and this has been big news here
What a horrible tragedy
By the way there are nearly as many porsches around here as back in northern NJ
Not to make light of this though...just an awful situation

Old 02-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Scott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to behold
I hope the driver burns for this... he brought the consequences on himself being such a dumbass

Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Mighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these parts
For sure from what i have read the guy had much rep points on the board. the irony, the irony.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
///macculate is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mighty M
For sure from what i have read the guy had much rep points on the board. the irony, the irony.
O'rly?!

Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 PM
WilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud of
Wow that is a crazy twist to the story. Twu years ago nearly the same accident. . Hopefully justice is served.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:50 PM
WilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud of
Wow that is a crazy twist to the story. Twu years ago nearly the same accident. . Hopefully justice is served this time.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Tony (FL) is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cosmonaut
I don't understand how they could convict the owner of being the driver, so what if they get his dna/ finger prints - it's his car all that stuff would be there in any case, unless the car was actually stolen which is highly unlikely. I guess they would be looking for some foreign dna, but that also could have easily been in the car by having Ryan M. Levin's friends in the passengers seat.
Somehow I feel unless they have a video with his face behind the wheel it will be pretty much impossible to get him behind bars.\
I'm not an expert but I learned in school that Traffic Homicide can pinpoint him as the driver if the airbag went off, if he hit the windshield, by seatbelt marks, and quite a few other things. If he was driving, they will know it!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:26 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
I'm not an expert but I learned in school that Traffic Homicide can pinpoint him as the driver if the airbag went off, if he hit the windshield, by seatbelt marks, and quite a few other things. If he was driving, they will know it!
From the description of the accident and the picture it doesnt look like the car was that heavily damaged so its unlikely that the driver suffered anything that major.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:51 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mighty M
the guy was a member on this board?

Old 02-22-2009, 08:24 PM
///macculate is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by raiyu
From the description of the accident and the picture it doesnt look like the car was that heavily damaged so its unlikely that the driver suffered anything that major.
That's pretty crazy, I hit a small deer (doe) going about 70 mph and it demolished my front end and hood. I can't believe mowing down 2 adults at a speed that is fatal would not cause significant damage!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Dirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ///macculate
That's pretty crazy, I hit a small deer (doe) going about 70 mph and it demolished my front end and hood. I can't believe mowing down 2 adults at a speed that is fatal would not cause significant damage!
Part of it would be the weight distribution of the object you're hitting.

A deer is lower to the ground than a standing adult, and it's central mass (the body) would be going right into your front end...where as when you're hitting a standing adult at speed, you're more or less taking out their legs and their central mass is more or less deflected when compared to hitting a deer.
Likely, the people hit were more or less thrown by the impact, flying up and possibly even over the car. Their actual central mass likely made minimal contact with the vehicle when compared to you striking a deer.

Tony (FL) also makes a good point about them being able to pinpoint him being behind the wheel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Terrible Accident Police Looking For Help