997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Switzer or AWETuning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 AM
JayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
That's a good deal for 17k with the switzer. Check out the Ruf conversion as well if you're in that price range.
My question is... I saw the graph (652 and 673HP at the wheels you've done) and I liked it. Can you do that for $17,000?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
I have to say that Tym Switzer has been amazing to deal with (not to mention David and Jo as well) and he always takes the time to just listen to my desires/wants and then formulates a plan on how to get there on the budget I have. He then always exceeds my expectations with the performance, workmanship (this is his best quality), safety of the build/tune, and professionalism. These reasons coupled with the fact he builds so many of these higher/highest HP cars..,is the reason I have had 4 cars done by him with my 5th car (08 997 Turbo getting the SPI800 pump kit) being completed as we speak.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:31 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
my advice is to go with AWE since you are in irvine and you are not going wrong with either one

Old 07-22-2009, 12:18 PM
JayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Josh@TPCRACING
JayTurbo,

TPCRacing has a long history of competition in professional motorsports as well as producing high performance Porsche vehicles for enthusiasts. Our facility, in Maryland, encompasses a R&D department, and manufacturing area, as well as a full service/installation center. Every product we produce goes through extensive testing on both our in house dyno as well as on the track.

I would like to give you more information about our systems, however I need a little clarification on what you've been quoted so far. What level package does your price from Switzer correspond to?? It seems to go with their L3 package; is that correct? I would be more than happy to work you up a quote for a comparable package depending on your ultimate HP goals.

I do have a shop car here that we could give you a ride in, however I can't hand over the keys. We don't want to stress local law enforcment anymore than neceassary.

If you would be interested in getting a quote from us, please PM, or email, or call me, and we would be more than happy to assist!

Thank you very much for your interest.
Can you email me at jayturbo1@hotmail.com ?