997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PCCB Brakes, who sells them ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:37 AM
Kuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to behold
PCCB Brakes, who sells them ?

Hello Friends,

I am thinking of upgrading my brakes to Porsche's PCCB's.

1. Where can i get them from besides the dealers, Kuwait Porsche is charging 9 KD which is around 27,000 USD. For that price id' rather open the door and use my foot to stop the car.

2. If i do find the kit for the right price, is it a hassle to upgrade or is plug & play. I heard the master cylinders and a few wiring harnesses need to be changed. Basically i was advised to stay away. Any thoughts.

Thanks & I'm officially addicted to this site.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:49 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kuwait997
Hello Friends,

I am thinking of upgrading my brakes to Porsche's PCCB's.

1. Where can i get them from besides the dealers, Kuwait Porsche is charging 9 KD which is around 27,000 USD. For that price id' rather open the door and use my foot to stop the car.

2. If i do find the kit for the right price, is it a hassle to upgrade or is plug & play. I heard the master cylinders and a few wiring harnesses need to be changed. Basically i was advised to stay away. Any thoughts.

Thanks & I'm officially addicted to this site.
Suncoast...great sponsors...~$15K

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...=997TTCERAMICS

Old 07-23-2009, 09:18 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
consider the brembo big brake kit instead. just my .02

Old 07-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
PM me, I think I can make you a good deal on these if you can order them soon (before the 29th of this month).

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 07-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Alcyon has a spectacular aura aboutAlcyon has a spectacular aura about
These are better than oem

http://www.movit.de/rahmen/ceramic.htm

Old 07-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
consider the brembo big brake kit instead. just my .02
Agreed. Unless you track the car regularly I would definitely consider the Brembo 380mm kit instead. We have it on our shop 997.2 and it's simply amazing!! I can get you pretty good pricing on it as well, if you're interested.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Gary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Alcyon
These are better than oem

http://www.movit.de/rahmen/ceramic.htm
If I was a lawyer I would have used the word "allegedly" better than OEM.

MovIt sources their carbon ceramic discs from a company named Surface Transforms who is very new to the automotive braking game.
http://surface-transforms.com/siteen...l_overview.stm

Old 07-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-23-2009, 11:31 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
I am a great fan of Suncoast. They seem to be very knowledgable about these cars and offer tremendous products, whcih they often discount.

However, why would you 'upgrade' your car to Carbon ceramics? I think that's a downgrade. In most pro racing series people use larger Brembo, AP racing or other steel brakes (although these companies also offer carbon ceramics). These aren't Formula 1 cars.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:38 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
I am a great fan of Suncoast. They seem to be very knowledgable about these cars and offer tremendous products, whcih they often discount.

However, why would you 'upgrade' your car to Carbon ceramics? I think that's a downgrade. In most pro racing series people use larger Brembo, AP racing or other steel brakes (although these companies also offer carbon ceramics). These aren't Formula 1 cars.
CCB's are the future, cost will come down. Cars that are dedicated to the track often have restricted budgets which prevent them from using them, hence your F1 remark. Those cars that are tracked by guys with deep pockets always have CCB's! All I know is I can't get them to fade and as long as I don't get into ABS which generates a ton of heat I should be fine on the track as well.
I have done numerous back to back tests with the reds against the CCB's and anyone saying the reds are just as good have never driven CCB's and really put the brakes to work.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Gary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of light
Carbon brake technology is a totally different beast than cast iron.
Yes, it is the future, but for the aftermarket will come in a very different form than what you see in professional racing (which is carbon/carbon) and what you see for OEM (which is carbon/ceramic).

The benefit of cast iron is it's versatility and wide range of use. It is still, hands down, without a doubt, the best option for aftermarket use for production based vehicles that will see track use. EVEN production based vehicles built to be dedicated track cars.

The issue with carbon/ceramics is that they have a much narrower range of use and versatility. When they are engineered and developed for a production vehicle like Porsche with PCCB's,... Ferrari's / Mercedes / Corvette ZR1 with CCM,...they are wonderful for their intended use. Once you start extensively modifying the vehicle with horsepower, change weight distribution, and add more available grip, they do eventually develop performance issues. That is a perfect example of their lack of versatility. They are developed specifically for the vehicle in mostly stock trim, and outside of that range they are not performing at an optimal level.

They biggest issue with carbon/ceramic is that the driver has little to no "visibility" of what is happening within the brake system until there is a problem. Cast iron brake are highly predicatable and exhibit sysptoms such as fade when there is a problem. On cast iron you can easily check the wear rates of the discs and pads. For carbon ceramic, other than boiling your fluid, there is no fade like idication to the driver that you are exceeding MOT. Outside of maximum operating temperatures carbon ceramics still maintain a high level of friction but unfortunately wear very rapidly. The first generation PCCB's exhibited this problem very early on. Later generations are better but still show similar issues on more midified vehicles and under extended track use. You cannot check rotor wear my measuring minimum thickness. They simply wear till the point of a failure.

This is precisely why the technology is not yet ready for the aftermarket, even though it has shown very promising results in specific OEM and racing applications. I told someone else recently that the two major benefits of carbon ceramics are extreme weight savings, and the promise of incredible longevity, IF properly developed for the exact application and vehicle setup. The irony is that they are now trying to take those two benefits and make every other aspect perform more like cast iron brakes. Cast iron is currently the best option for aftermarket high performance use.

Last edited by Gary II; 07-23-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
^^ Well said.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Agreed. Unless you track the car regularly I would definitely consider the Brembo 380mm kit instead.
I think most people who track their cars frequently can't afford ~10K rotors...many of them swap to steel rotors instead.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:03 PM
wallmon is on a distinguished road
Got mine at Suncoast.....awesome service.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
For occasional track use or normal street use, PCCB's are a worthwhile upgrade, and I believe that's how they were intended. I'm sure they can take more abuse than most are speculating, but the financial risk may not be worth it. If money's not an issue, than I'm sure these little beauties would perform very well on any circuit.

For heavy or regular track use, I would also recommend Brembo. They're cheap to replace, and more cost effective for a weekend warrior. Most PCCB owners I've met switch the Brembo rotors for track events (Brembo released rotors which are a direct replacement for stock sizes).

This also just gave me an idea............we could put together a 380 mm brake kit using all factory parts (with the exception of the Brembo 380 mm rotors). It's the best of both worlds...........let me work on that. Any interest?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCCB Brakes, who sells them ?