997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Aqua Blue with Black and red stitching?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 11:41 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Aqua Blue with Black and red stitching?

Hey guys, I am about to sell the 911 C2 that was in the family stable . Planning on getting the new 2010 Turbo in Aqua Blue metallic with black interior and red deviated stitching . Since no one has got this combo on 6speed so far , I wanted to get some input .

Any idea if this combination would go well or just be ludicrous ?

Old 08-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Lifestyles is on a distinguished road
that would be an interesting combination. Rare for sure.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:34 AM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
it would be interesting but a little too much color for me.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:08 AM
Mazatlan is on a distinguished road
I think the red stitching would be a little too much with that combo. I could definitely see the red stitching with most any other exterior color (black, grey, white, red, etc.) but the aqua with red stitching would be kind of strange - in my humble opinion.

Why not do Aqua Blue - Black Interior - Yellow or Silver stitching?

I saw a beautiful GT2, Meteor Grey, Black Leather + Alcantara, Yellow Stitching (with the yellow PCCB's) it looked absolutely stunning.

Also saw a Black/Black + Red Stitching TT Cab which was out of control.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:54 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
So blue with yellow stitching will look good ? Any one has pics?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:01 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
A guy on rennlist has one in AB with an aerokit, looks sharp.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:36 AM
Couldn't find it on Rennlist. Link please? And how does that answer my question? Aerokit = stitching?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:13 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ecks
Couldn't find it on Rennlist. Link please? And how does that answer my question? Aerokit = stitching?
I think what he meant was that it had what your looking for (stitching deviated) plus in addition had an aerokit.

the red with blue might look good, but I am not sure about the black interior.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:09 AM
KenB is on a distinguished road
I saw a 997TT that was Cobalt Blue (I believe) with black interior with yellow stitching, yellow seat belts, and yellow gauges. The Yellow gauges would make me want to gouge my eyes out after even a short drive, but the yellow stitching looked really good, the yellow belts were a little much for me.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Banned
160Swiftly is a jewel in the rough160Swiftly is a jewel in the rough160Swiftly is a jewel in the rough160Swiftly is a jewel in the rough
Here's an example...

Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mazatlan
I think the red stitching would be a little too much with that combo. I could definitely see the red stitching with most any other exterior color (black, grey, white, red, etc.) but the aqua with red stitching would be kind of strange - in my humble opinion.

Why not do Aqua Blue - Black Interior - Yellow or Silver stitching?

I saw a beautiful GT2, Meteor Grey, Black Leather + Alcantara, Yellow Stitching (with the yellow PCCB's) it looked absolutely stunning.

Also saw a Black/Black + Red Stitching TT Cab which was out of control.
i agree, yellow would look great with PCCB. i would also do yellow belts i you're really daring yellow "Turbo" side logo would finish the look. you will get thumb-s-up everywhere you go!

Old 08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Porsche offers stitching in the following colors:
G1 Guards Red
X4 Speed Yellow
B4 Carrera White
X1 Artic Silver
A1 Black
E9 Midnight Blue
N2 Orange
E7 Dark Grey
TG Sand Beige
DF Stone Grey
RA Cocoa
J5 Green
In Europe, Hellblau (bright blue) is also supposedly available.
All of the following is my opinion:
Aqua Blue exterior and black interior with red deviated stitching would mix too many colors. A black/black car looks good with any stitching. White cars with black interiors can pull off white, yellow (PCCB's), or red (std brakes) stitching. Other colors look best with stitching that coordinates with the exterior color, not the brakes. With Aqua Blue I would try to get blue stitching. If you can get either Hellblau or a light blue, it would be stunning and very rare. There were some blue seat belts for sale in the classifieds a while ago and the color would have been perfect for Aqua. I think silver stitching would also look nice and yellow would probably be good too. You just need to be careful because you can really make your interior obnoxious. Another option is to skip the stitching and instead have some interior parts painted Aqua Blue (i.e.: center console), possibly with some carbon fiber.

Blue Belts thread (photos gone) maybe the poster still has some photos though.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997tt RS 2.7
i agree, yellow would look great with PCCB. i would also do yellow belts i you're really daring yellow "Turbo" side logo would finish the look. you will get thumb-s-up everywhere you go!
Good suggestion!

Old 08-19-2009, 11:40 PM
I think I have seen a blue 997 TT with yellow stitching and yellow PCCB's . I wish I could find those pics here on 6speed , as I would wanna see that combination . Since that is a tried combination and looked good when I checked it out , I'll go with yellow stitching to compliment the brakes .
The only reason I am not getting a white TT is because I already have a white M3 in the stable . Black would have been good too with red stitching (black interior of course) and red seat belts , but I guess black is hard to maintain (swirl marks and scratches) .

I just want my 911 to be unique . I would be extremely thankful if some one could link me up to pics of the following on this forum or if any one has the following pics :

1 - Black turbo with black interior and red stitching / red seat belts
2 - Blue turbo with yellow stitching .

I am also searching through the vast repository of pics here on 6speed and will try and find them . I am still trying to decide between white/blue/black as the exterior color .

Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
brokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud of
I just went through a rebranding exercise and the consultant convinced me to do some reading on color theory. It was really rather interesting. It may be an overly analytical approach, but you may want to run a google search on the subject. Black is a neutral, red is warm and blue is a cool. Mix the three and you end up with a combination that is just not very pleasing to most people.
<o></o>
Blue exterior / black interior / yellow stitching looks good in person.
My preference is grey or black on black with a deviated color.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aqua Blue with Black and red stitching?