997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GruppeM Front Lip Spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor
Chico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to all
Question GruppeM Front Lip Spoiler

Hey guys,

Not sure if some of you have seen this front lip spoiler from GruppeM, I was trying to find better pictures on the net but this is the best I found.

We have a lip coming in for a client, I'll see if GruppeM can e-mail me some better pictures.

What do you guys think? The lip is made of Carbon, and if you have seen their intakes boxes and carbon work, they are truly nice pieces!

We have sold a few of their intakes to some EVO X and GTR owners, and they make some awesome boxes from the 930 to 997 models, TT and N/A.

Jon

Old 09-25-2009, 03:00 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chico@Vivid
Hey guys,

Not sure if some of you have seen this front lip spoiler from GruppeM, I was trying to find better pictures on the net but this is the best I found.

We have a lip coming in for a client, I'll see if GruppeM can e-mail me some better pictures.

What do you guys think? The lip is made of Carbon, and if you have seen their intakes boxes and carbon work, they are truly nice pieces!

We have sold a few of their intakes to some EVO X and GTR owners, and they make some awesome boxes from the 930 to 997 models, TT and N/A.

Jon
It's beautiful, but I think I'd be paranoid about scraping it.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
looks good, very oem but a nice upgrade. too bad I scrap mine all the time, Id buy one otherwise. here is a thought, make a carbon look one same material as stock, sell it for double the oem version and you would have plenty of takers.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor
Chico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to all
Well hopefully it wont be super low! haha. Might have to look into that CF OEM idea though.

Jon

Old 09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Looks great - if you do not drive the car

I have replaced my factory lip twice in one year. Thank goodness they are not too expensive. I would have that carbon fiber destroyed in nothing flat!

Old 10-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Showking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond repute
Still waiting for it Jon...

Old 10-19-2009, 03:41 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
agree, this would get wrecked

the beauty of the oem piece is that it is readily replaceable at a minimal cost

Old 10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Showking
Still waiting for it Jon...
Shipped on the 16th according to GruppeM, Just E-mailed GruppeM for the tracking. I'll shot you an e-mail as soon as I have it.

Jon

Old 10-19-2009, 05:52 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Looks nice but I think I like the factory areokit one better. It looks a little lower then the stocker.. I never scrap my stock one(knocking on wood). When I had my C2S with areokit, I had to replace that one about 3 times in 2 years.. It was a lot lower the the TT.. Both of my cars are/were lowered too..

Old 11-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Former Vendor
Got a picture of Showking with the lip painted and installed on the car, I think it looks awesome!!! the feed back I got - good on clearance compared to other lips he has ran.

Let me know what you guys think!

Jon

Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
looks good, very oem but a nice upgrade. too bad I scrap mine all the time, Id buy one otherwise. here is a thought, make a carbon look one same material as stock, sell it for double the oem version and you would have plenty of takers.
They do ,it's the front lip for the turbo areo kit only comes primered similar shape to this one made from same material as turbo oem lip ,just under $700 from Suncoast,you have to paint it & worry about scraping the paint ,i'm going this route as the oem material seems to be able to take a beating.