997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPMS Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:43 PM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Peter,
There is nothing wrong with your car, or the sensors. I go through this everytime I change rims (winter/summer/track~3 different sets of sensors).
You have to follow the instructions in the manual to the letter. The system will learn the new sensors, takes a little time, usually about a day. Be sure you are set on partial load, summer tires. I would also put the pressure up to 40 all around until it is set, then lower it as desired.
c
will do...but my 08 manual really doesnt say much

i can do the settings in the tpc menu

then the car automatically will go into a "learning" mode

will try your suggestions of course

Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
One possibility, some metal valve stem caps disrupt the sensor function. In fact, porsche only sells plastic caps for the tpms rims. Maybe three peice rims with all the extra hardware sets 'em off???
just thinking out of the box.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
One possibility, some metal valve stem caps disrupt the sensor function. In fact, porsche only sells plastic caps for the tpms rims. Maybe three peice rims with all the extra hardware sets 'em off???
just thinking out of the box.
u r right, u should only use plastic caps for any wheels w/ tpms...that part is covered...i have tried everything, will continue on...

Old 10-13-2009, 04:36 AM
so an update:

i have tried putting the pressure higher, tried the summer-winter reset, driven etc...still wont learn

again all sensors are working and sending the proper signal...PIA

fortunately winter is coming and my stock sensors will be back on in a month or so so i will be able to see if they are recognized, then maybe figure it out in the spring if it doesnt work by then

Old 09-15-2010, 10:36 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have to reset TPMS after new wheels/TPMS? OR will the car just automatically relearn? I have 2008TT

Old 10-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Handdoc, any updates? Did you resolve this issue... Bc I'm having the same thing and would appreciate any input. Thanks!

Edwin

Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
The Porsche sensors read 2-3 PSI too low, I bought some from TireRack for much cheaper and they read no more than 1 PSI below actual (checked by multiple gauges).

In order to reset the sensors, I have found that you need to go at least 5 PSI above the recommended pressure, i.e., 38 F-44 R and drive around a bit. It should not take that long for the sensors to pick up the pressure. Then get out and reduce the pressures to where they should be.

I have tried this many times at the track where I run 28 PSI cold and the TPMS has a fit for the whole day and then I fix it after the day is over via the over pressure trick.

Give it a try and let us know if that worked. If it doesn't then I am willing to bet that something else is going on with your tires.

Cheers.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:28 AM
i had to replace the ones from tire rack...couldnt get it to work otherwise...i used my factory ones and there hasnt been one issue even 3yrs later!