997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Side marker directional indicator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:57 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Side marker directional indicator

Had a chance to play with my new 6.0B Durametric software...the side marker light can be made to flash like a turn signal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jgO-bkkqI

The software will probably allow us to activated LED turn signals for rear bumper conversions once the new control unit is installed.

Last edited by bbywu; 10-13-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:26 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, a friend with the PIWIS programmed that on my car, also you can have your windows go up and down with the key while you are say outside the car, keyless window, great option when its hot out

Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
The nice thing is the new software allows you to do many of the things that PIWIS was designed to do...activate programming in your ECU that wasn't accessable with version 5.0. I hope to write a review soon.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:43 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Funny, I always thought the side marker already blinked with the signal indicator.

Look forward to your Durametric review.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I had the chance to use Durametrics new 6.0Beta software. As many of you know, Durametric has a interface cable that allows access to your vehicles via the OBD2 port. Until now, the interface was limited to data logging, CEL evaluations, and pre-purchase DME scans. 6.0B now allows many functions that were previously limited to PIWIS.

As a teaser, here are a few screen shots. As you can see, if you elect to change seats, you can eliminate the airbag warning light completely by deleting the side airbag module. And for those of us who want rear tail LEDs, once the new module is plugged in, we should be able to activate them by accessing the rear module. Likewise those who want to switch to a fixed rear spoiler do not need a cable or wiring hack to shut off the wing...you can either disable it, or leave it fixed, or program it to stay deployed.

And lastly, we still have very good data logging. IATs to compare stock versus aftermarket intercoolers can be logged during WOT. We will no longer have to guess which manufacturer's design works best. We can track boost pressures and determine if BRVs are effective devices help boost come in stronger.

More to come...including a full review.

Attached Images     
Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Very cool. How'd you get a hold of the beta s/w?

Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Very cool. How'd you get a hold of the beta s/w?
They have it available at their website...although if you have an older version of their interface cable, you will need a new one...a $150 investment. The beta is still being improved upon. I have no doubt that many of PIWIS's basic features will be available for our use, which is great for those of us who have dealerships that charge an exorbitant fee to reprogram features, or are unwilling to reprogram due to "legal" reasons (ie turn off airbag system.)

Old 10-14-2009, 12:54 AM
todthebod is on a distinguished road
Nice! Do you think its possible to get the daytime running lights to run with just the city lights, (i.e., no tail lights or headlights)?

Old 10-14-2009, 04:59 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
Had a chance to play with my new 6.0B Durametric software...the side marker light can be made to flash like a turn signal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jgO-bkkqI

The software will probably allow us to activated LED turn signals for rear bumper conversions once the new control unit is installed.
can dealer service do this; i would think so for a fee?

Old 10-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by 997tt RS 2.7
can dealer service do this; i would think so for a fee?
Should be very very easy for them to do. Durametric doesn't have all the coding done...it's still a beta...but PIWIS should do it with no problems.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Floppy is on a distinguished road
Please note that these coding features are only available when purchasing the Professional Version. The Enthusiast Version doesn't offer this feature.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
I just want the passenger window to go up all the way from bottom with one touch. That half way crap is so annoying.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:15 AM
malignancy is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously considering getting the Durametric Pro. Do you get all the options shown by the OP'er with the 997.1? Is it worth it?