997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

ECU Chip.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:59 AM
desairs is on a distinguished road
ECU Chip.

Hi guys, I am new to these forums and the porsche world. I have an Audi, but my friend got a 997 Turbo. He was looking to upgrade it. Right now he has a CF Intake. Which is the best for this car. Being an Audi guy the only company that came to mind was APR. So what do you think?

Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by desairs
Hi guys, I am new to these forums and the porsche world. I have an Audi, but my friend got a 997 Turbo. He was looking to upgrade it. Right now he has a CF Intake. Which is the best for this car. Being an Audi guy the only company that came to mind was APR. So what do you think?
Go with EVOMS. Have your friend give me a call. I'd be happy to discuss the benefits of the EVOMS software, as well as different options with him.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:06 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by desairs
First off, a CF intake is not necessary. For the most part, it really is a cosmetic upgrade. The standard intake has been proven to be more than sufficient for cars with 700hp. Second, you should always do the exhaust first before getting an ECU flash. If you get an ECU flash without a freer flowing exhaust, you are limiting the full potential of the ECU tune. As for what tuners are best for ECU tuning? There really is no "best". It all comes down to preference, but here is a list of the most popular ones in the Porsche community.

EVOMSit
GIAC
Protomotive
REVO
APR

The two most commonly used ones are EVOMSit and GIAC. I personally have the EVOMSit. I love what it does to the car and the crew at EVOMS is awesome to work with. It's ability to automatically switch maps based on fuel grade without having to manually switch anything is great. So if I want to put in some race gas, i just fill it up and the ECU switches on it's own.

Last edited by GotBoost?; 10-30-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:31 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
You really need to do a search. Many members here have spent a lot of time going over the advantages and disadvantages, likes, dislikes of each tuning system. There is a plethora of information available if you use the search engine. You'll other members more engaging in discussion once you've read the basics.

There are no short cuts to learning the basics. At best, this thread will attract a few personal opinions (which I'm not saying is bad) and vendors.

It is a relatively expensive investment. Have your friend do some homework, and he/she will enjoy your car more than ever.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:35 PM
desairs is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the heads up. I'll do that.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:40 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
EVOMSit tune FTW!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:47 PM
rbuisa is on a distinguished road
I have had both GIAC and EVOMS. I prefer EVOMS by far.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NeilM
EVOMSit tune FTW!
Cant agree with you more

Old 10-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
EVOMSit...

Old 10-31-2009, 02:41 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
exhaust + softronic flash = amazing drive

Old 11-01-2009, 07:00 PM
bakers911 is on a distinguished road
what is the cost of a TPC 997 Turbo upgrade and is it also good with TIP or PDK?

Old 11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
raj1 is on a distinguished road
EVOMSIT is the way to go....I had the Guys at Rennsport-1 do mine....Its incredible!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bakers911
what is the cost of a TPC 997 Turbo upgrade and is it also good with TIP or PDK?
Drop me an email Bakers, not allowed to share pricing on the main forum.

Casey

Old 11-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Vivid Racing now offers its own tuning at www.vrtuned.com. Read our FAQ, see applications, and order. We are no longer affiliated with or sell the other brand of tuning.

Last edited by vividracing; 02-02-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:21 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I would keep it stock

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU Chip.