997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How is everybody building their 2010s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:14 AM
trice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enough
How is everybody building their 2010s?

My order is in! Looks like Feb build, which means will have to wait until late March or more likely April - killing me. This is going to be a loooong winter. For those that have ordered one, how have you spec'd it? Here is my cab (and open to any comments, as this is my first 911, and it is still changeable):

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com</o:lock>Exterior Color
A6 Ruby Red Metallic
V9 Cabriolet roof in Black
Interior Color
AT Black Full Leather
Exterior
603 Dynamic Cornering Lights
635 Park Assist System
XAJ Side Skirts in Painted in Exterior Color
XUA Spoiler Lip Painted
Performance
220 Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
250 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
640 Sport Chrono Package Turbo Including Dynamic Engine Mounting
Wheels
421 19" Turbo II Wheel
Wheel Accessories
446 Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
<O</O
<O</O
Interior
342 Heated Seats
810 Floor Mats in Interior Color
P01 Adaptive Sports Seats with Driver Memory
<O</O
<O</O
Interior Leather
840 3-spoke PDK Sports Steering Wheel with Shift Paddles
XMZ Rear <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com</st1:PlaceType>Center</ST1 Console in Leather
XPT Porsche Crest on Center Console Storage Bin Lid
XWU PDK Gear Selector Gate Surround in Leather
Interior Aluminum
CFP Handbrake Lever in Aluminum II
X70 Door Entry Guards in Stainless Steel
<O</O
<O</O
Audio
619 Bluetooth Interface for Mobile Phone
686 XM Radio
870 Universal Audio Interface

<O</O
Deviated white stitching throughout (09991, 24891, 24901, 24902, 24903, 24904, 24905)<O</O

Old 11-19-2009, 07:31 AM
csoule will become famous soon enough
2010 Built!

I can't respond to your PM due to insufficient posts but my new turbo was built on Tuesday and should be here yet this year.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:40 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Where do you live?

Having a cab with heated seats is a strange combination.

Just my $0.02

Old 11-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
Where do you live?

Having a cab with heated seats is a strange combination.

Just my $0.02
really? didn't think about it like that. while i should be able to take advantage of the top for much of the year (and certainly april-oct), the dec-feb months can get cold, and i love the heated seats in my m5.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:00 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Your specs look good. We talked about the stitching here, so you know my thoughts. In person, white stitching looks really good but with the steel brakes and Ruby Red paint, have you considered red stitching. I think the red stitching is a little more forgiving than the white at hiding dirt.

Boothe Design offers some nice center cap options which are higher quality that the plastic colored crest caps from Porsche.

I have XM radio and wish I had not ordered it. The roof antenna bugs me and the XM programmings sucks.

If going with X70, have you considered XXB (illuminated)?

Leather seat backs look good with deviated stitching. So do leather visors. Painted seat backs are sexy, especially with a cab.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:32 AM
SleepTight is on a distinguished road
As has previously been mentioned here several times, the XAJ Side Skirts Painted in Exterior Color and XUA Spoiler Lip Painted options are a waste of money. The job can be done much cheaper by your local reputable body shop.

Given how succeptable is the spoiler lip to scuffs and scratches on even a non-lowered TT, you're going to be taking it to you local body shop for repainting eventually any way.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Your specs look good. We talked about the stitching here, so you know my thoughts. In person, white stitching looks really good but with the steel brakes and Ruby Red paint, have you considered red stitching. I think the red stitching is a little more forgiving than the white at hiding dirt.

Boothe Design offers some nice center cap options which are higher quality that the plastic colored crest caps from Porsche.

I have XM radio and wish I had not ordered it. The roof antenna bugs me and the XM programmings sucks.

If going with X70, have you considered XXB (illuminated)?

Leather seat backs look good with deviated stitching. So do leather visors. Painted seat backs are sexy, especially with a cab.
thanks.

my fear with red stitching is it won't match the ruby red (matches the guards red). will white get noticably dirty?

is the xm antenna the bump on the rear deck? yes, looks ugly, but i love my sirius and assume xm is similar.

regarding the illuminated door sills - i debated these. do they look something out of "pimp my ride", which i'm trying to avoid?

for the visors, if leather, there is deviated stitching on them? how cheap do the standard visors look (which is a concern)?

i hear you on the seat backs. debated that. those options are not cheap. i know, at this point, what's more $$, but at some point i have to draw the line. still thinking about.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
slammedM is on a distinguished road
make sure the seats have the porsche crest as well..
I agree with the member above who suggested not paying porsche for the painted skirt and spoiler, because it can be done at a fraction of the cost by a good body shop.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:25 AM
c2mojo will become famous soon enough
Center-locking wheels are "it"

Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by trice9
my fear with red stitching is it won't match the ruby red (matches the guards red). will white get noticably dirty?

is the xm antenna the bump on the rear deck? yes, looks ugly, but i love my sirius and assume xm is similar.

regarding the illuminated door sills - i debated these. do they look something out of "pimp my ride", which i'm trying to avoid?

for the visors, if leather, there is deviated stitching on them? how cheap do the standard visors look (which is a concern)?

i hear you on the seat backs. debated that. those options are not cheap. i know, at this point, what's more $$, but at some point i have to draw the line. still thinking about.
I think the red stitching would look fine with Ruby Red, but it would be nice for some other to chime in with opinions. The white is fine, I was just saying I think the red is a little more forgiving.

If you like satellite radio, then defiantely order the option. I use my mostly use iPod now that I have the abilitiy to do so. For me, the XM programming is not as good as Sirius was in my last car.

Illuminated sills look good - defiantly not too pimpin'.

The standard visors are fine. I just think the leather would look really good with the top down.

The seat backs are a personal decision. You do have to draw the line somewhere.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:11 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
i would avoid the painted options

Old 11-19-2009, 11:21 AM
very helpful guys, thanks!

regarding the porche crest on the headrest, i chose not to get that because i am getting it on the storage bin. i am getting it on the storage bin because for that to have the deviated stitching, you need to order the exclusive option of either the turbo logo or the porsche crest. i'm not a fan of the turbo logo, so i went with porsche crest and then worried that having it also on the seats would be too much "porsche". also, had to get an exclusive handbrake option to get the stitching on there, and that also says porsche.

regarding the painted options, most seem to agree that getting the front lip painted is not a great use of money as that will get scuffed a lot. what about for the side skirts? same deal. gotta believe they are less susceptible and would think they hold up better.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:42 PM
SleepTight is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by trice9
what about for the side skirts? same deal. gotta believe they are less susceptible and would think they hold up better.
Yes, they're unlikely to get as banged up as the front spoiler, but you can still get them painted much cheaper at a body shop. Go and get an estimate and then use the savings on some other options.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I think the red stitching will contradict the ruby red. Get tan or euby red to augment the ruby red. Sirius and xm have the same stations and dj's, just different numbers. I.e., New wave is xm 44 and sirius is 22...I did not miss anything switching from sirius to xm. But, if you do not order the satellite radio, you can not go back, at least not now. You can't add it.
Anyway, your build sounds wonderful! Good luck with the waiting period and the new car!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:04 PM
gray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud of
Hello,

I am planning to purchase on in the near future but the only option I will add is an "S" after the Turbo which means 530+ hp. That's all I need!

Vic

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How is everybody building their 2010s?