997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

softronic flash - choppy and backfiring - plugs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
doesn't sound like the plugs to me. Keep us posted. thanks.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello All,

I just found this post and PM at the same time. The fastest way to contact Softronic would be by an email to us or phone call. An email is OK however you have to give us a reasonable amount of time to answer. Sending me a PM on this site is by the luck of the draw as I do not log on much. I find this much easier than a forum that does not have the specifics or capability to check or change the file.
The car was just flashed last night after hours. Flash the car back to stock and I will double check the file first before the plugs get done. The original file was sent to you today. I do not send them immediately as the files are getting larger and a day or so should not be an issue. Yes with higher boost and unknown prior service history with fuel quality the plugs could be an issue.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Last edited by Softronic; 12-09-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: text
Old 12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
ed997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to behold
Thx Scott - you were the first person I contacted and next time I will email or call rather than send a PM. I posted to get some input and to see if others had such problems and had solutions. I hope you did not take this as bashing or a customer support issue because that is not the case nor was it my intent in any way. regards, ed.

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello All,

I just found this post and PM at the same time. The fastest way to contact Softronic would be by an email to us or phone call. An email is OK however you have to give us a reasonable amount of time to answer. Sending me a PM on this site is by the luck of the draw as I do not log on much. I find this much easier than a forum that does not have the specifics or capability to check or change the file.
The car was just flashed last night after hours. Flash the car back to stock and I will double check the file first before the plugs get done. The original file was sent to you today. I do not send them immediately as the files are getting larger and a day or so should not be an issue. Yes with higher boost and unknown prior service history with fuel quality the plugs could be an issue.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 12-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 will become famous soon enough
Swap the plugs, It is Not going to hurt, Only Hurt your motor when its miss Firing. Stock or Not always have a good ignition system. My car has 30k and I swapped the plugs myself. Remove bumper, intercoolers, and Wastegate(VNT servos/linkage) $600 is alot to pay the dealer to swap plugs.

Good Luck

Old 12-10-2009, 07:28 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I would try to flash back to stock first as others have said

Originally Posted by SpoolnV8
Swap the plugs, It is Not going to hurt, Only Hurt your motor when its miss Firing. Stock or Not always have a good ignition system. My car has 30k and I swapped the plugs myself. Remove bumper, intercoolers, and Wastegate(VNT servos/linkage) $600 is alot to pay the dealer to swap plugs.

Good Luck
Dude you are a masochist. It looks like a PITA even with the engine out!

Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Bet you a beer it is the plugs!

Old 12-10-2009, 02:56 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
I am almost sure it is plugs...I changed mine without removing bumper and intercoolers...i just removed turbo inlet pipes to empty some space...it took me 3hours however...

Old 12-10-2009, 03:58 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
plugs on 997TT I hear its more of a pain

Old 12-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Verdict?

Old 12-11-2009, 08:41 AM
ed997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to behold
Guys - thanks for responses, suggestions and help. It is what makes this such a great forum. It was the plugs. Replaced them yesterday with denso IK22's and car runs great. Looks like I owe Mr. Mermelstein a beer.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
So how does the car feel?

Old 12-11-2009, 09:29 AM
power increase is very noticeable, lag seems diminished a bit and car really pulls. Mine is a DD so normal day to day driveability is also very important and car feels smoother there as well. absolutely recommend.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:31 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
I believe we can share a beer with Dan...i wrote two times it was plugs...i had same issues one month ago...

Old 12-11-2009, 10:34 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Congrat's on a quick and prompt fix to your problems.

- bob

Old 12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Thx Bob

Originally Posted by bbywu
Congrat's on a quick and prompt fix to your problems.

- bob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: softronic flash - choppy and backfiring - plugs?