997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How do I improve suspension feel??, already have H&R parts..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 12:25 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Part of your issue may be the springs but I would play with the sway bar setup to see if you can get it more to your liking as that is the cheapest route to start.. Full stiff rear and soft front will definitely change the feel from where your at.. I have an M5 as well and the stock suspension actually is pretty solid..

Id still suggest a good alignment setup that is not too aggressive for the street.. along with the sways readjusted you might get the feel your looking for..

Mike

Old 12-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Mike above puts it best...safety test and what ever works best for YOU is the best application...sorry for any complication.

I'm not a mechanic I just play one on TV.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:30 AM
tranman329 is on a distinguished road
what adjustable toe link did everyone go with after putting on the coilovers?

Old 12-31-2009, 10:55 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
HR springs are known to sag, gmg springs are the best around imo, zero sagging.
I recently removed mine and went with a coilover setup primarily so I could corner balance the car and adjust the ride ht.
GMG makes a nice toe link as well.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
HR springs are known to sag, gmg springs are the best around imo, zero sagging.
I recently removed mine and went with a coilover setup primarily so I could corner balance the car and adjust the ride ht.
GMG makes a nice toe link as well.
I was going to suggest GMG's springs as well which are known not to sag.. its a tough decision since he already has springs to just not step up to a coilover and be done with it.. All depends on budget really..

Mike

Old 12-31-2009, 09:29 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I have KW V3 on my turbo that i'm replacing with Bilstein soon if you are interested I can sell them to you. They are great for track and stiffer than Bilstein