997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

why does the GT-R continue beating the 911 Turbo around the track?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
So the GT-R is greater then the 997S and 997TT. None of the #s show the GT-R to be better by very much but still most have it better.<O</O
<O</O

I am curious, is the GT-R the Best Nissan has to offer? The 997S and 997TT aren’t the Best Porsche has to offer. So why are you comparing the best of something to the 2nd or 3rd best of something else? I think it is obvious why you do it. <O</O
<O</O

You can take the car out of the Nissan dealership, but you can't take the Nissan out of the car.

<O</OIt's ugly and cheap looking to me. If the interior is anything like the 370Z Nismo then it is a bunch of plastic and synthetic materials compiled together that cheapens the whole experience of driving the car. I was very disappointed in the 370Z and how cheap it looks and feels. <O</O
<O</O

Performance is easy to get w/ $. Heck there are Subaru’s that can beat both the 997TT and the GT-R in performance but they are still a Subaru. <O</O

Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 AM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
--SNIP--

You can take the car out of the Nissan dealership, but you can't take the Nissan out of the car.

<o></o>--SNIP--

Performance is easy to get w/ $. Heck there are Subaru’s that can beat both the 997TT and the GT-R in performance but they are still a Subaru. <o></o>

Yup. It's very much the little dog yapping along behind the big dog.

Yo quiro taco bell??

It also has not been proven yet. We'll see what the market and longevity/reliability is for them when some of them hit 4-5 yrs and 50-70k miles

Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
The arguments made on this thread have become circular and unproductive. This is the 20th reincarnation of the GT-R v 997TT debate, and aside from new misinformation the same redundant arguments are being made. Track times, asthetics, warranty, all previous discussed ad nauseam.

If there is a substantial argument to be made, this thread can be reopened. Until such time, I would leave my parting remark with this from Benjamin Franklin:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Last edited by bbywu; 02-17-2010 at 08:52 AM.