997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT Silver vs Artic Silver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:08 PM
laxexquis is on a distinguished road
GT Silver vs Artic Silver

Hi,

Which do you like better?

What is the difference? Sometimes I think GT Silver is a bit darker, but maybe not, it's hard to tell.

Which would you rather have on a turbo?

John

Old 02-20-2010, 12:23 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I prefer GT Silver but it's so subjective.
I don't think it's worth the extra special paint cost though...not sure if it's still an extra cost option but it was when I bought mine.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:37 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Gt silver is def got a darker tint & imho looks better you have to see them side by side to really tell the diff ,go to a dealer & have a look the artic is way lighter

Old 02-20-2010, 12:39 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I think their upcharge on the colors is over the top.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:59 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
I had a choice and went with the arctic. I liked the lighter type of silver.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:17 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
GT Silver has a metallic flake in it that reflects light in different angles...the reflection gives the car a darker tint look than arctic and appears to change shades depending on the light. It's not always a good thing though, sometimes parts of the car reflect in different directions, for example at certain angles and certain lights my rear bumper will look darker than the rest of the car.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:16 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
here are some side by sides.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:18 PM
kcturbo is on a distinguished road
I have had both, a 996 TT cab in Artic silver and 997 TT cab in GT silver. I personally much prefer the GT silver. IMO it is a much richer and deeper color than Artic silver. Obviously it is completely subjective and a matter of personal opinion.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:55 PM
GT-Silver will become famous soon enoughGT-Silver will become famous soon enough
Well i was in your position before and liked the artic silver but once i saw the GT silver i fell in love and you have to see both to know which one you want. I'd rather have GT silver on a turbo.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:39 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Between these two...I would prefer Polar Silver...It has lightness of Arktic Silver with the shine of GT Silver...

Old 02-20-2010, 06:11 PM
GTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGTsilver2010 has a spectacular aura about
preference

is obviously GT Silver ...

I had a 07 turbo park next to mine on friday and it was artic silver. The contrast was significant and I definitely preferred the added darkness in the GT Silver.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:20 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
both are sweet colors, I just got the arctic because it had all the options I wanted, but both are really nice

Old 02-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
No question.....GT silver all the way! I agree its a rip off having to pay extra for it but if thats what it takes to get the better of the 2 (or your choice) then so be it. Just bite the bullet...you wont look back .

In the sun Gt silver has so much depth and really comes alive against the Artic IMHO. It also takes on different hues depending upon the light. My bro has the artic as he wasnt prepared to pay fthe extra for the GT silver but i can tell now that deep down he regrets that....sorry bro. I've personally always been a basalt or black car guy and it may well be that my next one will be black once again but GT silver for now is without a doubt my choice of the day.....second would be meteor grey (special cost option again). That also looks hot .

Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I owned an artic 997S but love the GT silver. Both are nice and the arctic is the easiest car color to keep clean, In fact the car looks clean even when its dirty.

But GT silver on a Turbo looks like a spaceship. Awesome!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 09:51 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
I own a 07 997TT in GT Silver, love the way it looks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT Silver vs Artic Silver