997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Proto 100-200 kph data

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Mike,

It depends on the car...but here's a 6.55 60-130 run from a Switzer TIP that has a 5.64 100-200kph.

I'm using a TIP so that there are no shifts to confuse the data.

Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2010, 05:26 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Mike,

It depends on the car...but here's a 6.55 60-130 run from a Switzer TIP that has a 5.64 100-200kph.

I'm using a TIP so that there are no shifts to confuse the data.
Yeah, I guess the 1-1/2 to 2 tenths shift will add some time too...I didn't realize it was a Tip. I was curious to compare, as we do, and yanked the 100-200 out of my 5.99 run. I guess I need to work on my shifting

Old 03-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Yeah, I guess the 1-1/2 to 2 tenths shift will add some time too...I didn't realize it was a Tip. I was curious to compare, as we do, and yanked the 100-200 out of my 5.99 run. I guess I need to work on my shifting
You're in the 5's, bro. Your shifting is fine.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:47 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
You're in the 5's, bro. Your shifting is fine.

Could be deeper in the 5's though...

Old 03-30-2010, 06:19 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Why not simply measure your 60-130 times and submit them to the existing list like everyone else does? The existing list contains more 60-130 times (and 100-200 kph as well) of modified cars than any other source on the internet. There is no better place for comparison.

If you really want to compare 100-200 kph to euro cars, you can always pull the times from 60-130 graphs.
Yes, that is certainly true. Call me a whimp, but I need to work up to the extra 6 mph at the top

I think the 996tt list is great but would be more interesting if mods were also listed, at least for 997tts.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by TTdude
Yes, that is certainly true. Call me a whimp, but I need to work up to the extra 6 mph at the top

I think the 996tt list is great but would be more interesting if mods were also listed, at least for 997tts.
Just stay in 4th until you hit the limiter, that way you can keep your eyes on the road...er... track...

Old 03-30-2010, 06:43 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Just stay in 4th until you hit the limiter, that way you can keep your eyes on the road...er... track...
LOL

My eyes are glued to the road but waiting for that beep to sound off seems like forever! Maybe I need a faster set-up.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:55 PM
LOL

My eyes are glued to the road but waiting for that beep to sound off seems like forever! Maybe I need a faster set-up.
Took me a long time to find a place to run 60-130's. It's a stretch of hwy that has no exits or entrances for a good distance and is barely used at certain times of the day. If there are cars, I can pull over, wait, then make a run and still slow down in time to get off the exit 1/2 mile away. I use the 4th gear limiter technique most times.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:33 PM
I certainly don't believe you're a wimp, bud. I just don't think we need to reinvent the wheel.

I used to list mods, but then tuners wanted me to list thier names next to each car, then arguments ensued...so I removed the mods and tuner names from the list. The mods for each car are actually listed in the posts throughout the thread. They are easy enough to find.

Anyway, I've been dealing with this list a long time...and I've finally gotten it to a point where everyone seems pretty happy with it, and very few arguments occur.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
Took me a long time to find a place to run 60-130's. It's a stretch of hwy that has no exits or entrances for a good distance and is barely used at certain times of the day. If there are cars, I can pull over, wait, then make a run and still slow down in time to get off the exit 1/2 mile away. I use the 4th gear limiter technique most times.
What strech of road might this be? I'm in Trumbull.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Arone997tt
What strech of road might this be? I'm in Trumbull.
Shhh, you have PM

Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 PM
I certainly don't believe you're a wimp, bud. I just don't think we need to reinvent the wheel.

I used to list mods, but then tuners wanted me to list thier names next to each car, then arguments ensued...so I removed the mods and tuner names from the list. The mods for each car are actually listed in the posts throughout the thread. They are easy enough to find.

Anyway, I've been dealing with this list a long time...and I've finally gotten it to a point where everyone seems pretty happy with it, and very few arguments occur.
I appreciate the explanation but I think there is value in a thread that post performance numbers that serves a different purpose than the one on the 996tt forum. The intention would not be to "reinvent the wheel" but there are many folks on the 997tt forum who wonder about everyday performance mods, not necessarily running MS109. I think it would be interesting to see verified Pbox data from 6speeders with different tunes, octanes, distances, speed ranges, conditions (wind, temp), etc...Everyone would be on the "honor" system, i.e. let's see how your car performs with crappy CA91 octane compared to those running 93. So one would not necessarily be gunning for the absolute fastest time, just the fastest time under the given conditions. How much difference exists in time and mods between 100-200 km/h vs 60-130 mph? Granted it's only 6 mph but there could be noticeable differences that crop up between different mods and hardware. Well, you get the point. Of course, this would only work if there are enough participants.

Last edited by TTdude; 03-30-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:45 PM
I think we're running around the same track

Old 03-31-2010, 12:00 AM
I'll give the 4th gear pull a try but I have a feeling that's not going to give me the best result with my set-up even absent my granny shifting!

Old 03-31-2010, 12:06 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by skandalis447
5,6 is a very very good time for a cab car...congrats...
Thank you Demetris

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proto 100-200 kph data