997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Proto 100-200 kph data

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:14 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Thanks for joining Gene.

I posted your graphs to show the shift patterns differ depending on what range you are trying to accomplish.

Your data plots have help me tremendously...thanks for sharing the info!

Old 03-19-2010, 09:40 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Ditto--very informative and helpful. Many thanks!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
the pumpgas ( 93 octane ) is different from U.S, Euro or Asia even cars with same kit and same tune that would cause different results coz different pumpgas

Old 03-19-2010, 11:55 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
the pumpgas ( 93 octane ) is different from U.S, Euro or Asia even cars with same kit and same tune that would cause different results coz different pumpgas
Good to know which helps rationalize things. There's certainly a lot of variables which can't be controlled but it's nice to see baseline numbers for mods from forums members with specified conditions and verifiable data.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:21 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I have some good news and some bad (for me) news. Today i did some runs to collect some data for my tuner so we can adjust the ECU.

I was running on pump 100oct and did some 3rd gear runs from low rpm to redline, i also installed the PBOX to see the times, but i couldn't find its SDcard so i picked my camera's card. I did several 100-200 runs 5,6sec and 5,5sec but when i came home i discovered that the card had no files from PBOX on it

So, i will do some runs tomorrow again, i was very happy to see that, i beleive that my previous 6,0sec was done on normal mode, another thing that might helped me was that the weather is cold here now, like 9-10 celcious.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
I have some good news and some bad (for me) news. Today i did some runs to collect some data for my tuner so we can adjust the ECU.

I was running on pump 100oct and did some 3rd gear runs from low rpm to redline, i also installed the PBOX to see the times, but i couldn't find its SDcard so i picked my camera's card. I did several 100-200 runs 5,6sec and 5,5sec but when i came home i discovered that the card had no files from PBOX on it

So, i will do some runs tomorrow again, i was very happy to see that, i beleive that my previous 6,0sec was done on normal mode, another thing that might helped me was that the weather is cold here now, like 9-10 celcious.
Those are great times for a cab!! What mods are on the car exactly?

Old 03-19-2010, 01:32 PM

Excellent times, yes mods please. Plop in that SD card and throw up some graphs. Don't forget to plot altitude.
PS My Pbox came with a cheap ($5) standard 2Gb SD card. Not sure Pbox can read SDHC which might be what's in your camera.

Last edited by TTdude; 03-19-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:03 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Yes the card i used is a Verbatim SDHC class6 4GB, you think this is the reason?

I also need to playa bit with the PBOX since the only thing i know to do is to get the best times

My car has modded VTGs with BRVs, 4,5" I/Cs, exhaust with 100cell cats, ECU/TCU and AEM water/ethanol kit which i don't use at the moment since the ECU needs to be tuned, when i use it my car is slower Actually this is why i was doing the runs, to collect some data and send them to my tuner

Thank you for your kind comments

Old 03-19-2010, 02:04 PM
i forgot the carbon 9FF tubes from turbine to airbox

Old 03-19-2010, 02:37 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Yes the card i used is a Verbatim SDHC class6 4GB, you think this is the reason?
Yes, I doubt PBox is compatable with SDHC.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
What about 200-300 rans??

Old 03-19-2010, 03:55 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
OT: Bob thanks. I've been looking for these 2 "eclou" graphs.

For Bob and (obviously) all the experts here: What's the "best way" to do 60-130, **in general**? Start in third gear at 2200 rpm, then WOT, then shift to 4th at around 97 mph? TIA

Originally Posted by bbywu
The numbers we are looking at need to be taken with a grain of salt. How a driver performs his run makes all the difference in the world. The tunes were different for each run. [corrected]

Notice on this Vmax run, there are two shifts between 96-209 km/h (60-130 mph)

versus a dedicated 1 shift 60-130 run

Last edited by cannga; 03-19-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:11 PM
The best way to do 60-130 depends on your mods. For most cars starting in third and shifting quickly to fourth is fastest. Some cars are faster starting in second followed by two shifts while still others are faster just running the whole thing in fourth with no shifts. You just have to practice and try
more than one method. Note: all above only applys to manual cars.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
What about 200-300 rans??
I have a ~12.1 s 200-300. I will post graph later...

Old 03-19-2010, 04:40 PM

I also need to playa bit with the PBOX since the only thing i know to do is to get the best times

My car has modded VTGs with BRVs, 4,5" I/Cs, exhaust with 100cell cats, ECU/TCU and AEM water/ethanol kit which i don't use at the moment since the ECU needs to be tuned, when i use it my car is slower Actually this is why i was doing the runs, to collect some data and send them to my tuner

Thank you for your kind comments
Hi Milou, I agree with MBailey about the SDHC card. Get yourself a cheap SD card. All you have to do is push it in and it will start recording data. No need to mess with any parameters. Once you stop, exit the card and your data file will be safe. Don't pull the card out while you're driving, otherwise you can lose data. The graphing functions are self-explanatory, you just have to play around with it. If you like, you can email me the dbn file and I would be happy to plot it for you. Have fun but be safe.

Last edited by TTdude; 03-19-2010 at 04:44 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proto 100-200 kph data