997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

APR ECU flash - is this right for me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:17 AM
built4speed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Just watched the video and it seems to me to be overly time consuming to get to valet mode and back again.

I assume that the flash selected stays until you go through the cruise control function again.
It only takes about 25 seconds to fully switch. And yes, whichever flash you select will stay on the vehicle until you change it.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Tides is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GMP Performance
Hello Everyone!

GMP has been an APR Dealer for many, many years and we have installed a number of their 997TT ecu upgrades and their entire Porsche product line over the last few years.

APR doesn't heavily advertise in the Porsche marketplace as they have strong ties with Audi and VW directly and have been in a development phase centered around Volkswagen AG's FSI or direct injection technology as well as DSG or PDK technology for the last few years.

They've developed the direct injection fueling upgrades used by VW Motorsport and SEAT Sport in the Supercopa Series and have been focused on FSI technology throughout the world which has been proven firstly in the VW and Audi brands before being available to Porsche.

APR has aggressively expanded their Dealer Network to several new countries in order to handle the demand of their direct injection product line and to properly weather the economic climate of the last couple of years.

That being said, APR was primarily focused on Porsche development prior to this opportunity with the OEM and released their first Porsche ECU Upgrade in 2001. From 2001, APR performed long term and accelerated life testing on a number of 996 generation P-cars in preparation for the release of the 997.

Upon the 997's release, APR developed the first OBD2 flash for 997 generation models and was the first and only for quite some time to offer an OBD2 flash for the 997TT.

When I've asked the engineers why they feel their 997TT product delivers the amount of torque in comparison to others ECU Upgrade accomplishments they relay that the Motronic 7 engine management system found in late 996's and all 997's has been in use by Audi, VW, SEAT and Skoda since 1999 and the 997TT ECU specifically contained new maps that APR has never seen in previous ME7 ECU's. They say the presence of these new maps ignited a desire to take a long, hard and close look into the coding architecture of the 997TT ECU and they were able to completely understand and disseminate the variable turbine control strategies introduced into the ECU by Porsche for the VGT turbo's.

Its through this understanding that APR's engineers feel they are able to calibrate the ECU across all available maps and controls to deliver a product they are very pleased with.

APR was able to release an entire 996 and 997 ECU product line nearly simultaneously and then move onto the OEM business they were presented with. APR understood that such a direct and close relationship with the OEM that introduced the direct injection technology and the plans for eventual introduction to the Porsche brand would allow them to arrive in a position of understanding that would otherwise take years and millions of dollars to accomplish. There is no greater opportunity in the automotive engineering industry than that of what the OEM's posses.

That being said, APR will once again release an entire product line en masse for the 997.2 generation Porsche's that will more than likely contain some gems of the industry that seemingly can't be matched such as their 997TT ECU Upgrade from their last round of Porsche development.

APR seems to achieve great things with their narrow focus on specific product lines at a time. Each focus supports the next focus and gives them a R&D edge for the next project that otherwise could have been missed.

This is obviously a reply to my email to APR as I couldn't have replied with such concise information without their support. APR is contacting IB to see what the requirements for sponsorship entail. Hopefully they will be available for follow up questions soon.

Here's a video of the program switching features that we made for our clients: http://www.youtube.com/user/gmpperfo...12/gIYMW0rWbEg

I've heard of multiple dyno graphs and other performance tests floating around by APR ECU Upgrade owners that have been some of the most powerful and best results out there.

The gentleman from Greece and his exploits have been talked about inside APR's Dealer Network for quite some time.

APR simply doesn't spend time on Porsche forums and may be doing themselves a disservice but I know from personal experience that those who do try their products are always pleased and pleasantly surprised by the results.

Hi, thanks for your interresting input. Can you verify that changing back to stock is totally undetectable at the dealership. Other major players in the ECU flash market seem to strongly suggest that the flash will always be detectable, even if you bypass the OBDD port and flash the ECU externally. Thanks

Last edited by Tides; 03-25-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: sorry - spelling again
Old 03-25-2010, 01:42 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I don't think any tuner can guarantee that their flash is undetectable. PCNA can most definitely find out whether an ECU has been flashed or not.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Unless a car is reprogrammed with PIWIS or similar interface, a flash is detectable...even a factory updated via PIWIS is detected as increased number of programming operations. Only PIWIS or similar device can wipe and reinstall the programming operations to zero.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:03 PM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by skandalis447
All of them are fine...you will love the higher power and torque...Consider which has best customer service for you and go ahead...
Do you drive till the max engine speed?

have you been able to dyno it?

Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Car is a tip so max rev limit is 6750rpm...APR does not raise rev limit and also boost is 1,0 with 1,2 over...That is why it is so safe...I will dyno the car after exhaust installation...

Old 03-25-2010, 04:30 PM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Car is a tip so max rev limit is 6750rpm...APR does not raise rev limit and also boost is 1,0 with 1,2 over...That is why it is so safe...I will dyno the car after exhaust installation...
No I mean TOP SPEED of 310 km/h.

Do you drive up to 310 km/h?

Regards,
MERT

Old 03-25-2010, 04:35 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
tell me that you are Mert!!!Dastan?if so its good to hear you...

Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 PM
tell me that you are Mert!!!Dastan?if so its good to hear you...
Thanks yes this me Mert.

So have you been driving up to 300 km/h?

Old 03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
No...I have this 997TT only for a couple of days...I just hit 260 an hour ago but not over 300 so far...its good to hear from you...is everything ok?You got a 997TT now?

Old 03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
No...I have this 997TT only for a couple of days...I just hit 260 an hour ago but not over 300 so far...its good to hear from you...is everything ok?You got a 997TT now?
PM"ed you Skandalis

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.