997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Review of Cargraphic Loud exhaust & an audiophile's guide :-) to exhaust auditioning.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 05:23 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Wow that is really cheap - I hope this will keep pressure on competing manufacturers to keep price down. I know they can because for example BMW after-market exhausts cost less, and the components are not vastly different, no? Same cat, same muffler, same metal, etc.

Sorry if I've missed any discussion on how Kline keeps cost down. It has to be something significant. Is it by manufacturing in Asia? Who makes the CAT and core inside? There is a Kline Innovation seller on ebay by the name of Top Gear and there is some mentioning of manufacturing in Thailand. Is it correct?

>>>>>>
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kline-Inno...-/310541724448
We currently have own unique Asian Exhaust manufacturing facility in Thailand.
Could be, it does sound good though.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:59 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !

Wow that is really cheap - I hope this will keep pressure on competing manufacturers to keep price down. I know they can because for example BMW after-market exhausts cost less, and the components are not vastly different, no? Same cat, same muffler, same metal, etc.

Sorry if I've missed any discussion on how Kline keeps cost down. It has to be something significant. Is it by manufacturing in Asia? Who makes the CAT and core inside? There is a Kline Innovation seller on ebay by the name of Top Gear and there is some mentioning of manufacturing in Thailand. Is it correct?

>>>>>>
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kline-Inno...-/310541724448
We currently have own unique Asian Exhaust manufacturing facility in Thailand.
It's not made in Thailand.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:37 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Could be, it does sound good though.
C., how does the sound of Kline compare to your Ruf exhaust? Which one is louder? What about low frequency - which one has more low end rumbling?

I ran across some post by Kline saying he tunes the note of the exhaust up 1 1/2 octave (tune out the throaty sound). Then I saw some review from the UK saying how polite it sounds. Then I see redwine's post about how deep it sounds. All a touch confusing.

BTW, your exhaust video is excellent because it records stock and Ruf at same position, with same video recorder seemingly, and therefore gives me an idea immediately of how they compare. To listen to an exhaust on youtube without a frame of reference is worthless in comparison.

Last edited by cannga; 10-13-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:52 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
It's not made in Thailand.
C., do you know where it's made? And who makes the catalytic/substrate?

I figure it has to be something for it to beat everyone's price by so much. Regardless, it is good to have competition.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTDeuce
Problem is costs the same to manufacture for the 150K car and for the 70K car.
Not that's cheap to manufacture high quality product like EP with the best Cats in the market, and under European labor and handcraft.
For those that don't want to spend the $ there is Agency Power junk, and a lot of other vendors that sell their ''premium'' products that are also manufactured in China under low quality materials or quality control.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for.

Simple example here, you buy a set of BBS wheels (E88) Motorsport wheels. Pay about 6K and resell them after being used for 4.5K. Try to do that with 90% of the 'I wanna be products'.

I personally only buy what I believe to be in between the best products performance and quality wise. If I can't afford I just wait until I can. Another simple example is Akrapovic, a fantastic craftsmanship and quality but I won't pay what they ask just because 1 they will crack, 2 the weight savings are not that important (last 10 lbs) 3 they don't offer the proper header exhaust design (In GT3 world) that is needed to achieve max HP and torque, but again even though expensive they bring great resale value.

Pretty simple in my view.
Spot on.

I'm aware of the costs, but there is also a tremendous profit margin as well. I think the prices are all about 15-25% inflated currently. It's all supply and demand, right now I think the market is prime for a 3k-ish nice exhaust. I think if EP reduced the price of the ep1 to ~3600, he'd sell more than he could make, and probably still make a decent margin on volume alone.
Quote me if Im wrong here but my understanding is he is struggling to meet demand as it is....Stef please chime in if I am wrong and you are sitting on your hands awaiting your next job lol. Perhaps Stef and his brother need to work on cloning themselves to accommodate more manufacturing at these cheap prices you suggest lol. No offence Chris but there is a lot more here than what meets the eye and If only you had an understanding of the costs associated to designing and manufacturing a high quality performance/durable product you would be able to understand why some components of similar physicality cost more than others. It is not the component manufacturers problem the cars value has dropped. The customer has a choice...pay peanuts and get crap or be prepared to put the hand in the pocket. I read so many guys on this forum spending fortunes on expensive rods and engine components on cars with diminishing value yet i don't hear any grumblings. Probably because they know the difference between the good stuff and the ordinary stuff and are prepared to pay for the gold. Wise move imho.

Less profit margin, but higher sales volume. Sell more exhaust, make less per exhaust and increase profits overall. There's always room in the margin for sales and discounts.
That's an interesting insight Chris and I'm all for new ideas and suggestions but this one I don't get especially coming from you. I mean you go out and pay $4500 for a couple of new cats welded to a used oem system with a few minor internal drillings and then call for EP and others to drop their prices to @3K on the basis of stimulating sales. But then how would you then ask FVD to price what you paid 4500 for?

Old 10-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speed21
Spot on. Quote me if Im wrong here but my understanding is he is struggling to meet demand as it is....Stef please chime in if I am wrong and you are sitting on your hands awaiting your next job lol. Perhaps Stef and his brother need to work on cloning themselves to accommodate more manufacturing at these cheap prices you suggest lol. No offence Chris but there is a lot more here than what meets the eye and If only you had an understanding of the costs associated to designing and manufacturing a high quality performance/durable product you would be able to understand why some components of similar physicality cost more than others. It is not the component manufacturers problem the cars value has dropped. The customer has a choice...pay peanuts and get crap or be prepared to put the hand in the pocket. I read so many guys on this forum spending fortunes on expensive rods and engine components on cars with diminishing value yet i don't hear any grumblings. Probably because they know the difference between the good stuff and the ordinary stuff and are prepared to pay for the gold. Wise move imho. That's an interesting insight Chris and I'm all for new ideas and suggestions but this one I don't get especially coming from you. I mean you go out and pay $4500 for a couple of new cats welded to a used oem system with a few minor internal drillings and then call for EP and others to drop their prices to @3K on the basis of stimulating sales. But then how would you then ask FVD to price what you paid 4500 for?

Your logic has flaws in the fact that just because an exhaust costs less than $4k doesn't equate to it being crap, spending more doesn't equate to better period

Old 10-14-2013, 05:29 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redwine702
Your logic has flaws in the fact that just because an exhaust costs less than $4k doesn't equate to it being crap, spending more doesn't equate to better period
Just as an FYI, read #9th down. Kline has mixed opinions on what it delivers. May have something to do with the ones built in china wherever?....who knows?
Im sure everyone will find an excuse that suits the occasion.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=74321&start=15

Now I would concur that logic can sometimes be found flawed in the sense that not everything is exactly equal and that price does not ALWAYS dictate a performance outcome with a component. However, as a general rule it does. Manufacturers can't get away for too long selling a lie for more $ than the next person if their goods don't stack up. The users will talk at one point. Having a lifetime experience in automotive components and manufacturers, both oem and aftermarket, I have very rarely found a cheaper component to be better than a more expensive component particularly one with a renown pedigree or history as being of superior performance/quality etc than its cheaper counterpart. Not saying that there isn't to be an exception found, just that sometimes even when that "rare" exception is discovered, not everything stacks up as being equal anyway. Just saying. I think what you have is exceptional value given that it reportedly doesn't suffer from the drone issues most others do. Quality wise it is hands down better than many as well from what I've seen and heard. Kline has evidently taken a good idea and had it made cheaper in a third world country to make its price attractive, as have many others, but is it as good performance and durability wise as certain others? I'm not convinced at this stage. I just look at the lack of heat shielding as just one thing missing. Design and development is key and therefore must accommodate for the design of the actual car.

Just as an example, I was just in Greece a week back with a few 6 members here and one just changed out a very expensive xpipe system (supposedly the best developed at 12K),with an EP2 and his experience there is a distinct difference between the EP2 he has put on. He could have quite easily put the old system back on or even bought a Kline, this chap is no penny pincher (please don't take that the wrong way either ok) so while he was quite convinced his previous system was really as good as it was going to get he has found there is better out there, and it cost him to find that out...if not less than the original 12k jobby for the "cheaper" EP2 lol. So yep I'll stick with my belief you generally get what you pay 99.9999% of the time. So again, looking at these two in particular (EP/Kline), comparing design and manufacture and so forth, and, reading the user reviews i'd pay more for the EP than the Kline, again not saying the Kline doesn't represent excellent value particularly in comparison to many others.

Last edited by speed21; 10-14-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:06 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Paul, this s can's thread, if you have a question or concern about my exhaust or anything else, use pm.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
mean you go out and pay $4500 for a couple of new cats welded to a used oem system with a few minor internal drillings and then call for EP and others to drop their prices to @3K on the basis of stimulating sales. But then how would you then ask FVD to price what you paid 4500 for?
I agree 100% with you... If some people pay up to $4500 for a set of cats, why EP1 is too expensive???? .....

I tried 4 different good exhaust and the only exhaust I liked was EP1

Old 10-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Only issue is the one from china wasn't there's it was a copy

Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Can is the original poster of this thread. He has asked to stop posting in this thread. Please have the courtesy to walk away.
Consider it done Bob. More than happy to oblige. Apologies for any disruptions caused.

Paul, pls keep your promise.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Just as an FYI, read #9th down. Kline has mixed opinions on what it delivers. May have something to do with the ones built in china wherever?....who knows? Im sure everyone will find an excuse that suits the occasion.

Wasn't a true Kline it was a fake copy, just like a fake Rolex , Louis Vuitton etc

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=74321&start=15 Now I would concur that logic can sometimes be found flawed in the sense that not everything is exactly equal and that price does not ALWAYS dictate a performance outcome with a component. However, as a general rule it does. Manufacturers can't get away for too long selling a lie for more $ than the next person if their goods don't stack up. The users will talk at one point. Having a lifetime experience in automotive components and manufacturers, both oem and aftermarket, I have very rarely found a cheaper component to be better than a more expensive component particularly one with a renown pedigree or history as being of superior performance/quality etc than its cheaper counterpart. Not saying that there isn't to be an exception found, just that sometimes even when that "rare" exception is discovered, not everything stacks up as being equal anyway. Just saying. I think what you have is exceptional value given that it reportedly doesn't suffer from the drone issues most others do. Quality wise it is hands down better than many as well from what I've seen and heard. Kline has evidently taken a good idea and had it made cheaper in a third world country to make its price attractive, as have many others, but is it as good performance and durability wise as certain others? I'm not convinced at this stage. I just look at the lack of heat shielding as just one thing missing.

The exhaust runs cooler so heat shield isn't neccessary and if you for some reason want one they will add it, period.

Design and development is key and therefore must accommodate for the design of the actual car. Just as an example, I was just in Greece a week back with a few 6 members here and one just changed out a very expensive xpipe system (supposedly the best developed at 12K),with an EP2 and his experience there is a distinct difference between the EP2 he has put on. He could have quite easily put the old system back on or even bought a Kline, this chap is no penny pincher (please don't take that the wrong way either ok) so while he was quite convinced his previous system was really as good as it was going to get he has found there is better out there, and it cost him to find that out...if not less than the original 12k jobby for the "cheaper" EP2 lol. So yep I'll stick with my belief you generally get what you pay 99.9999% of the time. So again, looking at these two in particular (EP/Kline), comparing design and manufacture and so forth, and, reading the user reviews i'd pay more for the EP than the Kline, again not saying the Kline doesn't represent excellent value particularly in comparison to many others.
Again until there is a head to head comparison paying more doesn't equate to better. Would love to see a true comparison to shut this EP is better just because it costs more.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Redwine702
Again until there is a head to head comparison paying more doesn't equate to better. Would love to see a true comparison to shut this EP is better just because it costs more.
Originally Posted by bbywu
Can is the original poster of this thread. He has asked to stop posting in this thread. Please have the courtesy to walk away.
Consider it done Bob. More than happy to oblige. Apologies for any disruptions caused.

redwine and everyone, pls don't respond to Paul in this thread. Not fair to him as he's been asked by moderator to not post here and has promised to do so. If you have to respond to him, take it elsewhere.

Paul, again, if you have to respond, quote it and start a new thread and just go to the thread I just created: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-choice.html ,
Please keep your promise and not post here, not even one more time.

Now everyone please take a deep breath and repeat after me: "there is no single best exhaust on the market." :-)

Last edited by cannga; 10-14-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
redwine and everyone, pls don't respond to Paul in this thread. Not fair to him as he's been asked by moderator to not post here and has promised to do so. If you have to respond to him, take it elsewhere.
This is so pathetic..

You are asking everyone to ignore Paul because he just have different ideas than you and TTsurgeon? What's up with there is not a better exhaust? We are just having a good discussion...

I though you can express yourself in this forum as long as you don't offend others...

I guess I won't post in this thread anymore before you ask everyone to ignore me too because I don't agree with you ether...

Last edited by LeoLambo; 10-14-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
This is so pathetic.. You are asking everyone to ignore Paul because he just have different ideas than you and TTsurgeon? What's up with there is not a better exhaust? We are just having a good discussion... I though you can express yourself in this forum as long as you don't offend others... I guess I won't post in this thread anymore before you ask everyone to ignore me too because I don't agree with you ether...
+1 was thinking the same thing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Review of Cargraphic Loud exhaust & an audiophile's guide :-) to exhaust auditioning.