997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Kline is half the price of EP - is it a better choice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Kline is half the price of EP - is it a better choice?

Here we go guys - go for it. Anyone please feel free to correct me as needed.

Kline, new comer to exhaust scene. Creating quite a stir because it has got good reviews and costs $2500, literally 2/3 that of competitor such as Cargraphic ($3800), and half that of EP and Tubi.

My apology for wrong information earlier: it's not made in Asia, but Eastern Europe, Romania.

Last edited by cannga; 10-14-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
1-Is this gonna be another thread where Paul can't participate because he doesn't agree with some of you guys?

2-Can we also talk about "RUF exhaust by FVD" and Cargraphic and others? Or if we have a questions we have to send a private msg?

I can believe you open another thread because you are upset... What's next? Are you calling the principal of the school because the "bad boys" are messing with you? This is Pathetic...

Last edited by LeoLambo; 10-14-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:33 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Post whatever you want , but if you have specific questions about my exhaust, pm me or Rhonda at Fvd.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Hmmmmmm

Last edited by LeoLambo; 10-15-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
I will like to know why Ryem didn't like his Cargraphic exhaust... 4 months ago he tried to buy my Techart exhaust and now he replaced for a Kline exhaust... Also The guys who bought my EP1 replace his Cargraphic for my EP1....

Something is not right here...

Not many people like Cargraphic... After all I don't think Cargraphic is soo Good...

Old 10-14-2013, 08:27 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Cargraphic makes a good exhaust, but the export version is a louder exhaust, the tuv versions sound great. It's hard to get in the states bc all the vendors sell the export/loud version. Heard Conrad's cg and thought it sounded good, slightly too loud for a dd, IMO.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 10-14-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Post whatever you want , but if you have specific questions about my exhaust, pm me or Rhonda at Fvd.
Let's see how long that statement lasts lol.

No offence chris but it does seem you want your previous RUF comments to the members to go away hidden behind closed doors and i suspect it is because FVD doesn't want a bar of your RUF story hence why they won't back you or go public with it. I wouldn't blame them either. 2 cats for 4500 makes an EP and any other complete system (especially Kline) look mighty cheap in comparison that's all i can say. And for you to incessantly preach your Porsche tax theory about other manufacturers is more than a bit rich. You really should stop treating and talking about Porsche owners like brokes saying they cant afford a decent system for their car.

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
I will like to know why Ryem didn't like his Cargraphic exhaust... 4 months ago he tried to buy my Techart exhaust and now he replaced for a Kline exhaust... Also The guys who bought my EP1 replace his Cargraphic for my EP1....

Something is not right here...

Not many people like Cargraphic... After all I don't think Cargraphic is soo Good...
You are off topic Leo but OK let's all get real here. Ryem is not the only one running around with burned fingers with a CG. Even blind freddy should be able to read between those lines. If a CG has to be driven over 3000rpms then that says it all...the drone must truly be unbearable. No wonder why they are now having VR junk em out for whatever they can get. The victims are drying up and are thankfully waking up. The Kline is infinitely better and it's cheaper, better made etc etc. No comparison. And I'm sure the Kline users will vouch for that especially after their previous unfortunate expensive and (ear painful CG) mistakes.

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Cargraphic makes a good exhaust, but the export version is a louder exhaust, the tuv versions sound great. It's hard to get in the states bc all the vendors sell the export/loud version. Heard Conrad's cg and thought it sounded good, slightly too loud for a dd, IMO.
Chris if you call this a good exhaust then what you go on to further say in your post makes no sense at all. Be real with the members out there that are looking for quality advice please. If you and canaga need to get a room then please do so and spare us all from further nonsense. I mean let's forget the unbearable drone headaches and just look at the construction. Have you ever taken a look at a CG? I've seen better welding from my first year apprentices. As i said Kline is an absolute gift in comparison and at least it works to where you can use the car for its intended purpose and you know it.

And I thought we were meant to be talking about EP and Kline anyway so please stay on topic and refrain from being disruptive by having me pull the silly nonsense up.

Last edited by speed21; 10-14-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Now my take on Kline vs EP.

Kline appears to be a good alternative for the budget conscious and certainly appears on the surface to be a better proposition than many more expensive systems due to it making a good note without drone (reportedly...but not properly confirmed at this stage). Now I've never heard a Kline so I can't vouch for the no drone comment so that needs to be confirmed and by more than just one or two users imho as i've heard that story before by countless users of other systems only to read others that say they do drone. Maybe the Kline drones but far less than others?....can't say. Hope not. It would be great to think there is another manufacturer that has put enough time into developing a system for the TT.1 that doesn't drone.

The EP on the other hand is a given quantity with no drone and with a loud enough good quality note on interior and exterior, and the countless user reviews vouch for that (myself inc and I hate drone especially on a car like this...it is truly unacceptable). Drone is not subjective either and I don't agree with anyone that says it is. Exhaust note can be called subjective nut drone not. Car manufacturers know what drone is and don't allow cars to go into the market with that issue....end of story on that point.

So whether the price point between these two systems is relevant at this stage is hard to say with the Kline only having a few reviews imho. Let's hope Kline proves to be an alternative that stacks up over the long term. However, looking at certain design elements between the two where the EP has these amazing monster shielded high flow 100 cel cats, heat shielding and immaculate build quality it is both fair and reasonable to say it appears on the surface to be certainly worth the extra dollars over the Kline. Its vast user review history also speaks for itself. On the score of producing genuine performance that can be felt throughout the rev range it has that base well and truly covered as also reported by ALL users. Exterior sound wise, whilst subjective as an element, from what i've heard reported first hand from the many who have heard my car (inc my P car dealer and service techs) and, from my own ears, it produces a very sophisticated exotic note on the exterior particularly at WOT. The dealer word is this is the system that should of come on the car standard. Internally it produces no annoying resonance nor creates any internal vibrations or odd crude noises from the engine bay as many other systems have reportedly produced. I have also experienced these crude noises from a previous system which i changed out due to drone issues. EP does not have any of that and does not impact on the car in any negative sense....and only in a positive sense.

My thoughts on the Kline are this: It does not have heat shielding therefore the design has not given consideration to the car as the OEM has deemed necessary. It also uses a fairly standard generic looking 200 cel cat system that most aftermarket systems use so on that note there is really nothing special going on there from what I can see. The build quality looks better than many but not nearly to the same impeccable standard of the EP. To say it does would be having a lend of ones self. I note the Kline welds whilst good in comparison to many others are also certainly not nearly as good as EP's. I'm sure from an exterior sound perspective the Kline presents a great sounding system but on the inside it is still an unknown quantity for me personally. Ive heard the no drone claims before, once bitten twice shy, and i'd need a lot more proof to buy that claim. And until there are adequate user reviews particularly from users that have changed previous systems specifically over droning issues it is very hard to call whether it has no drone as the EP can justifiably claim.

So ultimately price difference between the two is an irrelevant point at the moment imho. The EP is clearly on a level of its own.

Cheers.

Last edited by speed21; 10-15-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Maybe someone can use some of the fake exhaust note technology that there using on the new 991 Porsche to make our turbo's sound like an Ferrari http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ined-tech-dept

Last edited by twturbo; 10-14-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by twturbo
Maybe someone can use some the fake exhaust note technology that there using on the 991 Porsche to make our turbo's sound like an Ferrari http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ined-tech-dept
LOL!! Sounds like a plan!!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Sport Muffler (Factory) exchange (200 cell sport cats) 997 Turbo
325 P99 7TT 01

$4,500.95

Factory muffler conversion, which includes modifications to the internals and the addition of 200 cell HJS tri metal sport cats. This creates an enhanced Porsche® Factory sound that is deeper and louder sound without drone inside the cabin. Performance is enhanced by +20 hp and +18 tq.

This exhaust is sold on an exchange basis. Send us your original exhaust and we will modify it and send it back.

Installation Recommendation: Replace worn hardware and gaskets with one of our prepackaged installation kits. Use Part # FVD MK9 970 02

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...997_Turbo.html

I don't think they are trying to sell this exhaust as a RUF exhaust... it's just an OEM exhaust with some HJS sport cats this is not too difficult to get it done...

It's crazy for them to charge $4,500 for this exhaust...

Old 10-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by twturbo
Maybe someone can use some of the fake exhaust note technology that there using on the new 991 Porsche to make our turbo's sound like an Ferrari http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ined-tech-dept

Old 10-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
I remember when Bob ask me if i didn't mind him to close my thread because too many people were complaining about it... now i know who are this people...

Bob now i think it wasn't right... why you just didn't ask them to stop reading my poll? I understand you got tired of dealing with people wining but this is not right...

I will like to ask you if you could open my thread so the newbies can have a better view of the aftermarkets exhausts and they won't end up like me... changing exhausts every month...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...97tt-poll.html

Old 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Banned
^^ I think it is referred to as "minority rule".

Leo I'm not sure why your thread was closed???... yet a couple of self indulgent fantasy threads are allowed to run on infinitum, incessantly bumped along by the OP when the topic has clearly run out of steam. Rather pathetic really. I guess it's sometimes not what you know but who you know.

To see good quality info suppressed and quality threads closed for the sake of appeasing a couple of dented egos only results in the continuation of burnt fingers that sought the boards for advice. Kind of goes against the grain....

Makes no sense to me. Anyway let's back on topic. Anyone else out there with a Kline story to tell?

Last edited by speed21; 10-14-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
If members show they can post and comment with some level of civility, I'll reopen it. But it appears from recent posts that members are more interested in making pointed jabs and insulting comments rather than having a discussion.

Are you asking me to reopen the thread so that new users can read the thread? Or are you asking me to reopen it to perturb those that complained? If it is the former, you'll find that the thread is closed, not deleted, and any new member can still view it.

Bottom line, I'm not going to open yet ANOTHER exhaust thread so that the same members can bicker back and forth only to report the posts to the moderators. As I recently mentioned to another member...it's not just what you say, it's how you say it.

And for the record, the comments I received from those thanking me for closing your thread came from members who haven't posted on any of the threads.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kline is half the price of EP - is it a better choice?