997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Techart 1 on 19" Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Rambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of light
Techart 1 on 19" Wheels

I've pretty much decided to stick with 19" wheels when I upgrade soon. Don't want the ride any stiffer, and have been hearing more stories about dented rims. We have lots of potholes here. I'm seriously thinking of doing the Techart 1 package. All the pictures I've been able to find of the Techart package are on Turbo's with 20" wheels. I'd like to know if anyone has seen a Techart package on a non-lowered car with 19" wheels, and opinions on how it will look. I don't want to lower the car as I already scrape the front lip too often. Do you think it will look ok, or will the 19" wheels on a non-lowered car look to "small" with the extra bulk of the Techart package?

Thanks.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:33 AM
freeman is on a distinguished road
If you don't lower your car, with full techart bodykit installed, it would look pretty odd and funny.

Have you considered porsche oem aerokit? They look pretty clean and nice even with stock ride height any rims.

PS: Don't buy rims that are even heavier than stock ones.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Rambo, keep in mind that most of the TechArt wheels are all cast, not forged. If strength is high on your list requirements, I'd consider going with something forged. Don't get me wrong, I think the TechArt wheels look fantastic, some of the best looking wheels out there, but unless you drive on ideal roads, cast wheels are a risk.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Rambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of light
Tom, thanks for the tip. I should have been clearer: not going with Techart wheels. Likely will be going with Modulare 19" with offsets to push them out a bit more.

Freeman, Aero 997 package is nice, but not really what I was after. Appreciate the idea and pics though!

Love to hear more opinions on the Techart 1 package (front lip, side skirts, rear spoiler) on a stock height car with 19" wheels.

Thanks.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Freeman makes agood point with the stock ride height and, love that pic of the black car too......a very nice and clean look with the P40'S...YUM!
I'd mix it up with a techart lower front lip, add some gt2 sills and an oem earokit rear spoiler or, as a fallback, the techart 2 spoiler with decklid.... def not the No 1. Those combo's will look factory perfect from all angles. The tech side skirts are too bulky and bolt on looking imo and the stock ride height will also worsen that look. The oem aero front lip is a bit too lightweight looking imo and doesnt do a great deal for the front of the car as what the techart front lip acheives. The Tech front lip looks so much tougher, even a little Gt2ish. The pick of the techart rear spoilers is the 2 ...the 1 is awkward so, you could always mix it up with the tech front lip, rear 2, and gt2 sills, but definately stay away from those bulky tack on sideskirts particularly if your not lowering. Just my cents .

Last edited by speed21; 05-15-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:22 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speed21
Freeman makes agood point with the stock ride height and, love that pic of the black car too......a very nice and clean look with the P40'S...YUM!
I'd mix it up with a techart lower front lip, add some gt2 sills and an oem earokit rear spoiler or, as a fallback, the techart 2 spoiler with decklid.... def not the No 1. Those combo's will look factory perfect from all angles. The tech side skirts are too bulky and bolt on looking imo and the stock ride height will also worsen that look. The oem aero front lip is a bit too lightweight looking imo and doesnt do a great deal for the front of the car as what the techart front lip acheives. The Tech front lip looks so much tougher, even a little Gt2ish. The pick of the techart rear spoilers is the 2 ...the 1 is awkward so, you could always mix it up with the tech front lip, rear 2, and gt2 sills, but definately stay away from those bulky tack on sideskirts particularly if your not lowering. Just my cents .

FYI - those arent p40's they are 43's

Old 05-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Tough call, not a lot of info out there I guess.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't done any cars with the Type I kit and 19s and stock height...but I have done a TA Type 2 kit with 19s and stock height (it's a black cab also). Not sure if that will help, and I can't post the pic because of customer's preference, but I can email it to you (car owner said that was OK).

Just email me requesting the pic and I'll send it to you

peter@wheelexperts.com

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 AM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

I personally think the Techart I kit would look great on a turbo with 19 inch wheels and stock height.
Its not like the car is a 4x4 to begin with, so its fairly low from the factory.
Adding the Techart Type I kit will give you the illusion that your car is actually lower than it really is. I say go for it! It will look great regardless.