997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

DIY: V1 Hardwire 997 with auto dimming mirror (NO SOLDERING!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slate997TT
I just did the V1 install, if you don't mind me I would like to add that you could get the ground connection from any of the screws holding the sunroof motor, easier that way, remember the motor is attached to the cars body...

Hope this helps

Jay

Not at all! If I knew that worked, I would have done it that way. Skeeter's way is a PITA

Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Not at all! If I knew that worked, I would have done it that way. Skeeter's way is a PITA

LOL! I just didn't want a surge to go into the motor...When I was searching for a power supply, I tried the sunroof and it would cause the v1 not to work after a few seconds and cause the sunroof to open and close for no reason...I just decided to keep it away from the sunroof motor in general....And yes my ground is a PITA!

Old 10-08-2010, 03:52 PM
00C2Cab is a jewel in the rough00C2Cab is a jewel in the rough00C2Cab is a jewel in the rough
Where do you get the hardwire kit?
Just got a 997.2 with self dimming mirror and want to order the V1 and have it hardwired.
Thanks

Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 00C2Cab
Where do you get the hardwire kit?
Just got a 997.2 with self dimming mirror and want to order the V1 and have it hardwired.
Thanks
Comes with the V1

Old 10-09-2010, 08:27 PM
like7272 is on a distinguished road
thanks nice guide!
I just got new v1 and it helps me a lot

Old 10-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by like7272
thanks nice guide!
I just got new v1 and it helps me a lot
Glad it helped! (btw, you could always use this in my post)

Old 10-12-2010, 07:50 PM
BADBRUNO will become famous soon enough
V1 installation Improvement

Ok for the finishing touch, cut a well blended piece of window tint.

Blend it so it picks up the tinting near the rear view mirror and lay the piece on the inside where the V1 Suction cups are. Here in VA Radar detectors are illegal and I think the suction cups being clear/ white look crappy anyway. I have done this to two cars and it blacks out the frontal view so the officers don't readily see the V1 to remove it from the vehicle.

Looks clean

Old 10-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by BADBRUNO
Ok for the finishing touch, cut a well blended piece of window tint.

Blend it so it picks up the tinting near the rear view mirror and lay the piece on the inside where the V1 Suction cups are. Here in VA Radar detectors are illegal and I think the suction cups being clear/ white look crappy anyway. I have done this to two cars and it blacks out the frontal view so the officers don't readily see the V1 to remove it from the vehicle.

Looks clean
Useful tip, but obviously only applicable to those that live in VA, D.C. or military installations
But when the officer comes up to your car, you'll have to take it down anyway, no?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:59 AM
BADBRUNO will become famous soon enough
Cool Bonehead

Well I really came up with it for the aesthetics, the suction cups look crappy when looking at the car from the outside. Its like putting the white EZPass up there too.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:54 PM
00C2Cab is a jewel in the rough00C2Cab is a jewel in the rough00C2Cab is a jewel in the rough
Just removed the plastic dome cover on my 997.2 Cabriolet and noticed that there is no metal clip on the passenger side in which the ground can be connected to...
Has anyone hardwired the V1 to the mirror in a cabriolet? If so, where was the ground wire installed?
Also, there is NO room for all of that wiring to be tucked inside and close the dome cover and light.. There is absolutely no space for the V1 wires.
Thanks

Old 10-31-2010, 10:17 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I just used the supplied hardwire and ran the wire along the headliner, down inside the A pillar and direct into the fuse box...all hidden inside factory pieces. done like the dishes in about 15 minutes.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 AM
How can the hardwiring be done to the dimming mirror on a cabriolet?
Where can the ground be connected to and where can all the wiring be stuffed into?
Thanks

Old 11-01-2010, 05:31 PM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the time and effort, I've looking for this for the last two months!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:22 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Great thread, does the V1 detect laser guns? Who sells them?

thx

Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Nice, I need to do that to mine now! I also run the Blinder Laser Jammers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY: V1 Hardwire 997 with auto dimming mirror (NO SOLDERING!)