997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

ECU upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:20 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Sorry guys but many tuners reported in this thread does not have a reflash for 997,2TT...Softronic has for sure...

Old 06-21-2010, 11:43 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
There is no such thing as the best tune or tuner. The best tune is what you like and what suits your needs. Most of these tuners mentioned already have solid reputations. It is ideal if you can get test drives in different cars with different tunes.

If you get an ECU tune, your warranty is absolutely as risk. PERIOD!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Unless your dealer is going to cross over to the dark side and do some unehtical things like reflash you back to stock and then do the warranty claim, you are at risk. Ultimately the dealer is not the one paying for a warranty claim. PCNA has the final say.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:05 PM
brian sherwood is infamous around these parts
I installed Softronics in my car with amazing results. The best part of it is that if you have to go back to the dealer, the computer can be reflashed to original factory software without any knowledge of ever upgrading your ECU. No warrantee problems!

After the dealer service-- just reflash it back again.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
We use EVOMSit on our cars and customer cars.. So far we have seen over 500 on a Bone Stock 997.1 and around 540whp Exhaust.. The car is very linear and has had no issues running solid 1hr Sessions in Sebring wide open on Pump Gas!!

Mike

Old 06-21-2010, 12:27 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brian sherwood
I installed Softronics in my car with amazing results. The best part of it is that if you have to go back to the dealer, the computer can be reflashed to original factory software without any knowledge of ever upgrading your ECU. No warrantee problems!

After the dealer service-- just reflash it back again.
No, they will always know that the flash was there. No getting around this issue. You can flash back to stock but the fact still remains that somthing was altered and your warranty may be waived.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
No, they will always know that the flash was there. No getting around this issue. You can flash back to stock but the fact still remains that somthing was altered and your warranty may be waived.
This is correct.. We reflash many cars back to stock with EVOMSit also.. If the dealer doesnt go looking your ok..

MIke

Old 06-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gelkad
What do you guys think, I would like to upgrade my ECU which company I should go with....?
I have 2010 997.2 tt C with 3500 m Bone Stock
I would appreciate any inputs,
Regards.
Gelkad,
You certainly have many options to chose from. For what it is worth, we have relentlesly tested our personal 997.2 on the dyno, on the track and on the street for the last 6 months. I can tell you with great confidence that you will be very pleased with the results of our tune. Here are some bullet point on what you can expect:
-More Useable Power and Torque
-Massive Torque Gains (+65 TQ) Between 3000-5000 RPMS
-Smooth Power Delivery (+60 HP) Between 3000-5000 RPMS
-Crisper Throttle Response
-Improved Boost Response

If you have any questions please feel free to call or email us. Thanks.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 06-21-2010, 02:06 PM
gelkad is infamous around these partsgelkad is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys for the great plethora of info, i am still doing my home work.
I will let you guys know about my decision
regards

Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gelkad
What do you guys think, I would like to upgrade my ECU which company I should go with....?
I have 2010 997.2 tt C with 3500 m Bone Stock
I would appreciate any inputs,
Regards.
gelkad,

First off, A.W.E. Tuning is located two hours south of NYC. We use G.I.A.C. software exclusively.

I can offer support and even have you come down for a dyno session so you can see the changes after we are done. You can even take a ride in our 997.2 TT test car that use the same software I would sell you. It even has our prototype exhaust and intercoolers on as well just to show you what we are capable of.

We are in a 10,000 sq/ft space with 25 full time employees. Most of the guys work in Engineering and Manufacturing. I have enough eye candy around here to make your head spin.

Sorry to get off track...

As I said before, we use G.I.A.C. They have proven time and again that they are the software company to beat.

-Power
-Smoothness
-True Switching
-Reliability
-Ease of install

Power gains are 60hp with 40 lb/ft of torque!

All of that and more can be found here:
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...L=997.2TT_GIAC

Take a look at this little performance chart we did as well. This will give you an idea of how much faster the car will be after the flash.

Please call or email me. It would be a pleasure to work with you.

Thanks.

Mike@awe-tuning.com

or

1-888-565-2257