997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

ECU upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 03:47 AM
gelkad will become famous soon enoughgelkad will become famous soon enough
ECU upgrade

What do you guys think, I would like to upgrade my ECU which company I should go with....?
I have 2010 997.2 tt C with 3500 m Bone Stock
I would appreciate any inputs,
Regards.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:18 AM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
this should be interesting....you should really think about how far you want go with modding car before you start, do your research, good luck

Old 06-20-2010, 05:21 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Revo will give you the opportunity to change your parameters as you add mods. I change my paramemter according to how I want the car to run like boost, timming and fuel quality without any intervention from my tuner. Other flashes may require an additional visit to the tuner. And that is also a GOOD thing.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:05 AM
indyvegman is just really niceindyvegman is just really niceindyvegman is just really niceindyvegman is just really niceindyvegman is just really nice
I know, I know BUT I like APR has me putting out 525hp on 100 octane

Old 06-20-2010, 06:07 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
SOFTRONIC!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:53 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
FVD is what I have on my car and I'm very pleased with it.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:59 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Great to have so many choices. Revo will be the least installed Flash

Old 06-20-2010, 07:26 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I have GIAC from AWE and am very happy with it. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the top rated tuners. In my opinion it is very important to have a good working relationship with whoever you are going to use so finding somebody reputable in your area to work with is more important than the specific tune.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:44 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
depends, If the dealer will void ur waranty by changing ur ECU go Softronic. If you wana start Spankin for real go Todd@proto

Old 06-20-2010, 08:45 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
You have a new car with a new engine/new transmission. A modest ECU upgrade is likely going to be fine for both. You need to realize that regardless of some tuners' claims to the contrary, your factory warranty will be at risk once you modify the ECU. That said, I think it is just too difficult to resist modifying the 997TT. I would go with a tuner who actually owns a 997.2TT and who has done substantial work on the car, i.e.: Champion, EVOMSit, etc. (disclaimer: I am not advocating one brand over another, I just remember the 997.2 development posts by these two tuners).

Last edited by sparkhill; 06-20-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:56 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the top rated tuners. In my opinion it is very important to have a good working relationship with whoever you are going to use so finding somebody reputable in your area to work with is more important than the specific tune.
Big +1!

For what it's worth, I switched from Ruf to EvoMSit because of total lack of support (and respect) from RAC.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Todd Knighton's Protomotive tune is what i established as being the better tuner and, all round safer bet. He is a real tuners tuner. There are a few out there and it can be confusing. Took me nearly 12 months to arrive at my decision. Dont take my word for it though, do your own homework, decide what you want out of a tune, but i'd be very surprised if you didnt find he is the best out there to cater for your specific requirements. One key point also is he has NO disatisfied customers.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
tclayj is on a distinguished road
tune

Do your homework. Look at numbers-Vbox,dynos etc. Local tuner is a plus. Think about possible future upgrades and what your stage end point is. Take your time make calls. My choice was based mainly on numbers and several local/close tuners , but a past president of PCA I meet at Sebring, his tune and comments did help in the decision. 13k miles later, no issues, Iam still happy with my DD and the occasional track ride.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:26 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
These types of threads bring out the cheerleader in everyone...

That being said GO EVOMSit

Old 06-21-2010, 02:21 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
you have so many options, you must do a research but I am sure that you will not be disappointed with any of the tuners.

check epl

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU upgrade