997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche Tuning in South Florida

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Id recommend someone that OWNS a dyno and can show you before and After results.. Like i explained on the phone AL also beware of certain dynos that can be tampered with.. Its a great tool but in the wrong hands you could get taken for a ride.. Good luck!!

Mike

Old 07-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Id recommend someone that OWNS a dyno and can show you before and After results.. Like i explained on the phone AL also beware of certain dynos that can be tampered with.. Its a great tool but in the wrong hands you could get taken for a ride.. Good luck!!

Mike
like mustang dynos

Old 07-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris Green@USP
like mustang dynos
In the wrong hands you can make 200 extra HP with NO FLASH..

Mike

Old 07-21-2010, 09:50 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Only direct experience is with champion, good outfit.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Big Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura about
Thank to all of you that responded

I want to thank all the tuners and owners for their recommendations on who to use for tunning. I came to the conclusion that for now I want get my car handling better on the track. Hp is nice but I think suspension may be the best place to strat for me. So today Foreign Affairs in Pompano is installing a Bilstein PS10 with PASM adjustible coilovers, as well as doing an alignment and corner balancing. I will be at Homestead this weekend with PCA. If anyone else is going to be there come by and say hi. I have a silver 2008 997 Turbo cab with Black wheels and will be number 36.

Till then.

Big Al.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:59 AM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Big Al
I want to thank all the tuners and owners for their recommendations on who to use for tunning. I came to the conclusion that for now I want get my car handling better on the track. Hp is nice but I think suspension may be the best place to strat for me. So today Foreign Affairs in Pompano is installing a Bilstein PS10 with PASM adjustible coilovers, as well as doing an alignment and corner balancing. I will be at Homestead this weekend with PCA. If anyone else is going to be there come by and say hi. I have a silver 2008 997 Turbo cab with Black wheels and will be number 36.

Till then.

Big Al.
Bob and Foreing Affairs guys are great people and really know what they do. Champion Motorsport guys are awesome, they are excellent team.
But Please be very carefull about TuneRS Mall, especially with MIKE (Owner) hi is a thief !!!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 7Speed
Bob and Foreing Affairs guys are great people and really know what they do. Champion Motorsport guys are awesome, they are excellent team.
But Please be very carefull about TuneRS Mall, especially with MIKE (Owner) hi is a thief !!!

Please post your experience, I know Mike for a year, and seems a great guy to me.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Big Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura aboutBig Al has a spectacular aura about
Tunning in SoFlo

I ended up using Foreign Affairs. Both Bob and his son Jared are great people to work with and run a serious operation. I highly recommend them.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:15 AM
turbolover10 is infamous around these parts
Good pick

Big Al,

Good pick! It is best to do your research when choosing a reputable shop to work on such a high performance and expensive machine. They were all good choices, and you're right South Florida has some great options. I would have recommended all the options mentioned in the thread but Prototech of Fort Lauderdale for your Porsche. I just dont trust David Hart...My opinion. How fast has Bob and Jared got it running? I've heard they can do some pretty sick things! Good lookin ride.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:35 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
FVD is in S Florida as well.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:46 PM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
FVD is in S Florida as well.
Yes FVD you have to check them out. I have the tune and their exhaust, and can not be happier..

Old 04-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Champion

Champion is the group you want to talk to. They spend much $$ on R&D placing them in a different platue than the other guys. I am sure they all do a good job but Champion sets the standard.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Fugazi is infamous around these partsFugazi is infamous around these parts
NO luv for Proto-tech can I ask why? I, live in WPB and I was thinking of a Proto-tech exhaust.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:34 AM
Former Vendor
If your local and looking for an exhaust that sounds great and actually does make power call check out USP Motorsports.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
AL if you are still interested , please feel freee to give us a call ! Dont be misled by people who buy exhausts and install them , as oppose to people who custom fabricate everything from intercoolers, to headers , exhausts , all in house , like us ! And as for tuning ? Were your shop ! Everyone seems to think they can replicate the kind of power we make here at ProtoTech , but our quality and service speaks for itself . We are Porsche poeple , through and through, and always have been soley dedicated to Porsche performance . We find ourselves just recently re-doing most other local shops sub-standard work ! Feel free to give us a call !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Tuning in South Florida