997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche Tuning in South Florida

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
Also, here at ProtoTech , all of our cars are dyno tested to prove our performance, we build cars that not only reliable , but make dyno proven power that you can see and feel ! We use a local mustang dyno , the same dyno that Champion Motors uses , and is all wheel drive, so tha you can see accurate representaions of what kind of power you make ! Not a 2wd dyno ( with your driveshaft disconnected ) that doesnt give any type of accruate horespower representaion !!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Dont be misled buy shops that promote themselves by putting other shops down.. That in my book is always a major no no in this business.. you pride yourself on your own work and not work you feel is inferior by other shops..

AS for the USP exhaust its all made in house.. and i will put its sound and performance up against any exhaust system on the market if anyone wants to dyno it back to back..

lastly for those that dont know the Mustang dyno can be manipulated thru weight changes in the car on the dyno.. I can have a k24 car on a mustang make 1000whp.. it cannot be done on a dynojet.. What you see is what you get.. the correction factor is displayed on the dyno.. And it doesnt matter what the power reads AWD or RWD its the before and after on the dyno that shows the gains.. Peak power is meaningless..

If you have been in this business long enough you would know that every shop gets a car from another shop they have to fix here or there.. its common.. We fix evos all day long here from all over the country.. I dont promote my shop with that info though.. pretty classless..

Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Oh BTW, welcome to the party proto.. Your only 2 years late on this thread..

Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
This kind of attitude still shocks me ... specially when it comes from a ''Big name'' shop.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
Mike @AWD motorsports I actually wasnt reffering to anyone in particular , yours or Chris's name was never mentioned in anything I said , so I dont see why anybody has hard feelings ? I dont see anything that was said as classless , just a matter of opinion and some pride in what we do here, nothing was said to put anyone down or make anyone feel inferior at all. Everyone else on the forum seems to be able to talk about themsleves and what they do best , as this is what I thought I was just doing, not bringin anyone down or acting in a classless manner. I understand the thread is old btw.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Banned
We are upset at the fact that we never bad mouth anyone , ever , and now all of a sudden that weve gotten with the times and posted dyno vidoes of our cars on the internet , and the fact that they make killer power on a reputable shops ( horsepower sales ) dyno , apparently now were fudging all the numbers , and its extremely frustrating when this isnt the case, the cars make the power they make because of us , not the fact that we are changing the numbers, thats all. I felt like I had to say something , that is all , not being rude, disrespectful , or " classless " at all.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Fugazi is infamous around these partsFugazi is infamous around these parts
Question

I, don't know why but a lot of people & shops seem to BASH -Proto

Old 10-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
All the companies Listed above do great work. Its all on customer preference. A performance shop is there to cater to each individual. I as a customer feel like its a relationship between the tuner and or builder. You are paying to have a grin on your face while flying down the road or track. Each one of the companies listed above has a different type of characteristic that will suit each client. Its like choosing a Polo Shirt or a Tommy Bahama Shirt. They both do the same thing keeping our fat asses presentable and stylish, its all user preference.

My Rant is over.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Perkman87
All the companies Listed above do great work. Its all on customer preference. A performance shop is there to cater to each individual. I as a customer feel like its a relationship between the tuner and or builder. You are paying to have a grin on your face while flying down the road or track. Each one of the companies listed above has a different type of characteristic that will suit each client. Its like choosing a Polo Shirt or a Tommy Bahama Shirt. They both do the same thing keeping our fat asses presentable and stylish, its all user preference.

My Rant is over.
I totally agree with this comment. But I think that it was Proto's comment on the previous page which might have rubbed Mike the wrong way. To be honest, it raised an eyebrow with me when I read it too. Just seemed a bit too suggestive if you ask me. After all, within a few miles there's us here at Champion, USP, AWD Motorsports, and Proto....so to suggest that "most other local shops" peform "sub-standard work" is just a bit out of line without bringing up specifics, which would be contradictory to the spirit of the forums overall. My 2 cents...

Originally Posted by Prototech
We find ourselves just recently re-doing most other local shops sub-standard work ! Feel free to give us a call !

Old 10-26-2012, 09:54 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
I totally agree with this comment. But I think that it was Proto's comment on the previous page which might have rubbed Mike the wrong way. To be honest, it raised an eyebrow with me when I read it too. Just seemed a bit too suggestive if you ask me. After all, within a few miles there's us here at Champion, USP, AWD Motorsports, and Proto....so to suggest that "most other local shops" peform "sub-standard work" is just a bit out of line without bringing up specifics, which would be contradictory to the spirit of the forums overall. My 2 cents...
Lucky for the Porsche guys to have all these fine shops within one area. Some of us to have send our car out of state for just simple stuffs.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Well said Tom.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Banned
Perkman I completely agree with you ! But Tom , I never meant anything personal by what I said at all , maybe some people took it the wrong way , which I am not too sure why , but I agree with Fugazi also . I am not sure why people have been getting on us lately . It seems that since we actually started posting videos and dyno videos of our builds , that we get ragged on and accused of " changing numbers " on the dyno which isnt true at all, we use horsepower sales all wheel drive dyno , which is correctly calibrated and we even video tape the numbers for everyone to see and we still are being bashed , for what reason ? Sometimes its to our faces and sometimes its in a round about way, and Im not sure why . We dont ever talk poorly of any shops, which made me feel like I just had to put my own two cents in, it wasnt intended to raise any eyebrows or offend anyone or anger anyone either, sorry if that reaction was spurred when when my comments were read but I just wanted to put it out there. We are all in this business, and we all have things that we strive and succeed in , theres no reason for me to bash others, sorry it it was taken that way !
Our results are out there !! Look at Kieth Taubs car that we built !!

Old 10-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
Perkman I completely agree with you ! But Tom , I never meant anything personal by what I said at all , maybe some people took it the wrong way , which I am not too sure why , but I agree with Fugazi also . I am not sure why people have been getting on us lately . It seems that since we actually started posting videos and dyno videos of our builds , that we get ragged on and accused of " changing numbers " on the dyno which isnt true at all, we use horsepower sales all wheel drive dyno , which is correctly calibrated and we even video tape the numbers for everyone to see and we still are being bashed , for what reason ? Sometimes its to our faces and sometimes its in a round about way, and Im not sure why . We dont ever talk poorly of any shops, which made me feel like I just had to put my own two cents in, it wasnt intended to raise any eyebrows or offend anyone or anger anyone either, sorry if that reaction was spurred when when my comments were read but I just wanted to put it out there. We are all in this business, and we all have things that we strive and succeed in , theres no reason for me to bash others, sorry it it was taken that way !
Our results are out there !! Look at Kieth Taubs car that we built !!
I really dont want to go back and forth and honestly i dont even want to reply to this cause i know what its going to start but i honestly cannot resist since you bring up the dyno #s and we own our own dyno as does USP..

I have a VERY VERY hard time believing that the cars in this video make the HP stated.. I have had SEVERAL well know shops that have built and driven 1000+ HP porsches find it very hard to believe that the in car video in this video is of a car making the HP i am reading on that dyno..

Now i have been RACING a long time.. I have built 2- 8 second cars that would walk keith Taub like he was on 4 flat tires.. They were not Porsches.. Ill be honest we are hardly a specialty porsche shop.. We do what we can handle in house because of my love for these cars but i dont build engines here and i dont even claim to honestly know 10% of what you know about porsches dave.. I really dont know these cars inside and out like you or even like Chris for that matter..

Ill tell you what i do know.. Watching the acceleration speed in that video and timing how many seconds it takes from 45 to 170mph.. the car would need to weigh 7000lbs to justify that elapsed time at 1000+hp..

if you would like to put an end to the dyno # drama all i ask is bring the car to USP on his dyno and dyno that car PLEASE on a dynojet.. We cannot alter a dynojet #.. All the info is there and the correction factor as well to see..

Myself along with other tuners in this business who have driven and built cars of 1000HP+ caliber agreed that car doesnt make the HP claimed in the video on that run we saw.. Maybe the owner is scared of it and it was only 700hp.. But i know 100% for a fact without a doubt that car isnt making 1000hp to the wheels PERIOD.. My biggest pet peeve in this industry is people who sell smoke and mirrors and not real world results.. I dont care ff they come here, to you, chris green, Champion, or foreign affairs i cannot stand to see OVER INFLATED dyno #s.. End of my rant..

Old 10-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Banned
Mike , you can say what you want , the numbers are the numbers, they are not " over inflated or exaggerated " at all, the cars make what they make and thats that , if you doubt us plz meet us at Horsepower sales !! call Jeremy and ask him , nothing is corrected , what your seeing is real, the cars were in fact on loew boost that day , the cars make the power they make and thats the end of the discussion that one . I would love to show you personally the numbers so you can see there is no B.S. here

Old 10-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Former Vendor
Mike , you can say what you want , the numbers are the numbers, they are not " over inflated or exaggerated " at all, the cars make what they make and thats that , if you doubt us plz meet us at Horsepower sales !! call Jeremy and ask him , nothing is corrected , what your seeing is real, the cars were in fact on loew boost that day , the cars make the power they make and thats the end of the discussion that one . I would love to show you personally the numbers so you can see there is no B.S. here
Personally make a believer out of Chris and I and dyno it at USP on the dynojet and ill come on here and formally apologize to you and stroke a check for 500.00 for your customers time.. better yet 500.00 cash money.. Doesnt get better than that..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Tuning in South Florida