997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I just purchased this 2011 TS, I'm a bit concerned I'll hate the.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 06:27 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
I'd definitely see if the dealer can swap in *** or GT2 buckets for you.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:47 AM
mathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nice
Good call on getting the regular tail lights! I could live though with the fully painted front.

Discuss the seat issue with the dealer, maybe you are in luck and they arrange a swap. I always love cars with ventilated seats during summer. However sitting comfortably behind the wheel is by far #1 for me, even it means having a bit of a sweaty back.
Don't understand anyway why Porsche can't provide the ventilation on the adaptive seats. I bet a lot more people would look into getting the ventilation.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Rams86 is infamous around these parts
I had the Comfort seats in my '08 Turbo and they were OK but no where near the quality and comfort level of the Adaptive seats in my GT3. I'll live with them I guess. But they really should give the people specing these cars some training as what not to do when ordering out a car! I mean clear lights on a white car? But I guess if you want it "perfect", you need to get a build slot and do it yourself. I'm sure I'll forget about this stuff the moment I turn the key!

Old 09-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Hoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Great car... you can literally swap out everything that you don't like.... seats, tail lights, grille, etc...

Just swap/sell your parts for others... you won't lose too much $$ (who knows you may gain depending what you're looking for) and in the end you have the car you want. (as long as you wanted a white turbo S).

I was going to say the same thing. For the cost of the car, these changes should not be that much overall.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
JG-00 is infamous around these parts
Having had the comfort seats in my C2, I would not consider another P-car that had them. My turbo has the sport buckets and I absolutley love them. They lack adjustability, but they are perfect for my build (6' 225) and purpose built to perfection.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Ra34 is infamous around these parts
I looked at about every non-black turbo S east of the Rockies, including your car. We actually were deciding between your white car and the silver car at the same dealer. In the end my wife decided she liked silver better. It also has the 12 way power seats. Our local dealer did a dealer trade and had the car shipped up north.

Most of the cars that I saw had the comfort seats, and most of those had ventilation. I find them relatively comfortable. I do like the adaptive seats slightly better. One thing to note is that if cornering is an issue is that the ventillated seats have a slightly rough surface that seems to hold me in place better than smooth leather. There are also a few seatbelt locking systems that may help hold you in place.

Our car had the comfort steering wheel which I thought was stupid on a turbo S. They are switching it our for the paddle shifter wheel. You may be able to get them to switch the seats but I bet it costs a boatload. However, I bet it will never be cheaper to do this than before you buy the car.

Are there any other cars that you have seen that have the adaptive seats? Maybe they could do a dealer trade.

Are they giving you a good deal?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Boulder is infamous around these parts
I am in the minority here on the clear lights - I like them on white and wouldn't like them on any other color. Red and white lights on silver, black, gray etc. to me highlights a not particularly attractive part of the car body. Also don't like the Turbo II wheels, the spokes seems to float on account of the different finish color relative to the rest of the wheel and I prefer a cleaner, one piece look. Just IMO

Old 09-14-2010, 12:23 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
I wanted the sports seats on my turbo and my sales rep and SA advised me against getting
the sports seats because of my build 6'1" 210lbs broad shouldered.
I didn't believe them and so they took me to the service area and had me sit in a TT with
sport seats, sure enough my shoulders felt pinched and I could see their point for a DD how they would not work.

I went with the standard comfort seat and have never looked back.

Last edited by venkatreddytx; 09-14-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:36 PM
ZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of light
why are you getting ride of your GT3 ?

Old 09-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Ra34 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yllwturbo
is this the car at circle porsche in long beach, ca?
No - pretty sure it is at Jim Ellis in Atlanta - I just bought its sister from a local dealer that traded for it (from Jim Ellis). And trust me we looked all over the East coast for one that was not black! I actually thought of purchasing this one instead because it did not have the center lock wheel and had the paddle shifters. The dealer we bought it from (which did give us a great discount) is changing the wheel out and throwing in the Porsche breaker bar and torque multiplier (a very pricey item). I agree that I would rather have the sport seats but they can be switched out too! You do get the vented seats with and I guess this is why we are stuck with them as someone in Atlanta apparently thought we needed to be heated and cooled. I only have 38 miles on my S and have been sternly advised by my husband to break the car in right and keep the revs down so I can not attest to the ability of the seats to hold in me in place but I can't wait to find out!

Get the car, change what you don't like and have them throw it into the deal. It can be done - we got all of the above switched out or thrown in, and had the dealer get the car about 7 states away and still got over 11k off!

Last edited by Ra34; 09-14-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: FYI - I am hijacking my husband's user name to post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:33 PM
96redLT4 is infamous around these parts96redLT4 is infamous around these parts
I'm amazed why anyone would 'trade down' for the the standard sport seats when the *** are standard on the ttS. It sounds like you got a heck of a deal though.
Jim