997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Can anyone direct me to exhaust thread?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:51 PM
ZedOddSix is on a distinguished road
Can anyone direct me to exhaust thread?

I am looking for one that might have video/audio of competing exhausts. Wouldn't mind exploring the option of making my loud peddle a little louder!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:07 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
There are endless threads/posts that talk about exhausts. If you use the search function while in this forum you can use key words to narrow down what you're looking for. If you simply try exhuast as a key word there will be way too many to sort through. Try to be more specific to your vehicle and your taste... e.g. 997.1 turbo exhaust test... You can try you tube as well becuase most on here created videos and posted them there. Enjoy...

Old 09-23-2010, 11:49 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
go to you tube & put in 997turbo exhaust ,there are many vids there but you really need to hear them in person

Old 09-23-2010, 11:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Old 09-24-2010, 06:10 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZedOddSix
I am looking for one that might have video/audio of competing exhausts. Wouldn't mind exploring the option of making my loud peddle a little louder!
Best way to decide is to find some locals running aftermarket exhausts and listen in person - Youtube doesn't always give a good representation of the sound. I'm on my second TT and am installing my second Europipe (EP2) - great system. Go to their website and take a look.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:53 AM
Worms is on a distinguished road
I have a Fabspeed 997TT exhaust FS. PM me if interested.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
There are not a lot of bad things to say about the 997 Turbo. It’s powerful, fast, and comes with a long list of standard options. But if there were one thing we could find to complain about, it would be the Turbo’s relatively anemic exhaust note. The Tubi Style street exhaust system for the 997 Turbo is a major improvement over the factory part both in terms of sound and performance. By using 200 cell high-flow catalytic converters and a proprietary free-flowing center muffler, the Tubi system relieves backpressure and allows the VTG turbochargers to spool much quicker and react more responsively to driver input. As a result of this free flow of exhaust gasses, the Tubi system is responsible for 15-20 horsepower gains, and also produces a much more pleasing exhaust note. This system is very commonly referred to as “the best of both worlds” because of its unique ability to combine performance and drivability. During normal driving and highway cruising the sound is very similar to stock, without any increase in cabin resonance. During hard acceleration the free flowing characteristics take over and create a much sportier sound.

Street- http://www.ChampionMotorsport.com/pr...bi-997t-ex.htm
Race - http://www.ChampionMotorsport.com/pr...-997t-race.htm

Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
if your in norcal stop by sharkwerks and hear a few in person, best way to do it. You cant go wrong with cargraphic, tubi, europipe and the other well known and proven brand names found common on here. The BBI unit is also worth a look, most naturally aspirated sound Ive heard and I have heard a lot of them.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks to all for the great responses. I agree to hear some in person would be the safest route. A poster mentioned there might be a sharkwerks in my area. Might be a good place to start to hear a couple options. I have listened to the links some people were kind enough to offer up and even just through head phones a marked improvement was noted.
Let the search begin!

Old 09-24-2010, 08:17 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZedOddSix
Thanks to all for the great responses. I agree to hear some in person would be the safest route. A poster mentioned there might be a sharkwerks in my area. Might be a good place to start to hear a couple options. I have listened to the links some people were kind enough to offer up and even just through head phones a marked improvement was noted.
Let the search begin!
Lol. There is only ONE Sharkwerks. It's not a chain
Probably your best bet in Norcal to hear a variety of cans on a P-car.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Lol. There is only ONE Sharkwerks. It's not a chain
Probably your best bet in Norcal to hear a variety of cans on a P-car.
well than... the search for sharkwerks will be short.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
LOL guys thanks for the kind words and yes there's only one spot:P No plans to go chain on you!

Zedoddsix there's actually a local meet tomorrow in the AM at Santana Row... there's a few of our clients/friends going (they usually meet there every saturday) and you could listen there. Also at 2pm some of us are meeting up to go to another car show. If you want you could PM Neilm as he has the tubi street exhaust or TestJet as he has the Tubi Race..

Old 09-24-2010, 10:03 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
There is a sticky thread over on teamspeed comparing a lot of different exhausts with sound clips.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
There is a sticky thread over on teamspeed comparing a lot of different exhausts with sound clips.
Thanks Doc... I will take a look.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:41 PM