997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Product - Titanium Lugs that Dont Hurt the Bank!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
New Product - Titanium Lugs that Dont Hurt the Bank!

When you are spending big bucks on your wheels, you usually want to get wheel locks. But they are bulky, ugly, and who really parks their Porsche or Ferrari in a place that gets jacked! So when your looking to further the style of your HRE Wheels for example, you want to pick up a set of these TiKore Titanium Lug Bolts. TiKore has products available for the Porsche, Ferrari, Mercedes, BMW, and Corvette C6. Vivid Racing received a set of the 2 piece titanium lugs for our Project 997TT. The 2 piece ball seat lug is identical to the OEM lug except in, well you guessed it, Titanium! So why 2 piece? The 2 piece allows the ball seat to fit perfectly in the wheel bolt hole so when you are torquing the bolts, you are apply pressure to the ball seat for a flat and perfect fit. All 20 lugs as we weighed were 1lb lighter then the stock lugs and wheel locks. In comparison to the only competitor we know of, Poggipolini, the TiKore lugs earn the A grade as well. The biggest difference is that the Poggipolini use a provided lug spline key for extra security where the TiKore use a standard 19mm socket. The Poggipolini is also a 2pc bolt, but uses a delrin piece to sit in the ball seat. At a 1/4 of the retail price of Poggipolini, your wallet wont hurt. If your looking to set your wheels off a touch and put a piece of pure automotive jewelry on your P Car, then TiKore's Titanium Lug Bolts are for you!

Porsche 996 997 Titanium Lug Bolts 2pc
Porsche 996 997 Titanium Lug Bolts 1pc
Ferrari 360, 430, 458, 599 Titanium Lug Bolts
BMW 95+ Titanium Lug Bolts 1pc
Mercedes Titanium Lug Bolts 1pc
Corvette C6 ZO6 Titanium Lug Nuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2krBXL5CW1c

Old 12-08-2010, 07:12 PM
997 Tw Trbo is on a distinguished road
We run titanium lugs on our race car. Very simple weight savings.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:36 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
1lb lighter per lug nut or for the whole set?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by skeeter
1lb lighter per lug nut or for the whole set?
I'm pretty sure it's for the set. I doubt even 1 lug is 1lb on its own.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:47 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M3 Chris
I'm pretty sure it's for the set. I doubt even 1 lug is 1lb on its own.
very true!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:37 PM
dark911 has a spectacular aura aboutdark911 has a spectacular aura aboutdark911 has a spectacular aura about
can you PM me price? I got spacers on mine, need longer lugs for front and back. thanks,

Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 will become famous soon enough
OMG! I thought cars with No torque where the only ones worried about loosing weight at the Lug nuts! The s2k forum has as many threads about lugnuts as this forum has about "The Best Exhaust"

Old 12-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
The weight savings may not be great, but the bolts sure are nice looking.
Titanium has equal strength to steel but weighs roughly 55% as much.

Another big advantage of titanium is the amazing resistance to corrosion.

Back in the 1980s, the Russians built entire nuclear submarines from titanium, and didn't even bother to paint them.

Good luck with the new product.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Tech1 Mike - That is something I would never thought I would learn. I am now going to share it in the office LOL.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:23 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Geez, Vivid's car might be the most "slammed" TT i've ever seen.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
Gap is only for teeth and well, you know

Old 12-09-2010, 09:42 AM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
$600 for bolts? Thought you said they dont hurt the bank lol

Old 12-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
look here and then consider what hurts - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...e-p-29403.html

Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I am a big fan of the Poggipolini product and they are worth the money so these have to be even better. If my car was not for sale, Dan would have my business.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor
thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Product - Titanium Lugs that Dont Hurt the Bank!