997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Bilstein saga continiue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by E55AMG
I'd like to know who it is as well.
Chris you got PM

Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cgng30
Hmm, I installed techart sport springs my self, took my time and didnt have a problem, got the car aligned with a local porsche motorsports, to gt3 street specs, so far so good, rides better then stock and is lowered by 20 mm,a year later i added a gt2 rear swy bar only, now it rides even better on the turns, the under steer is almost gone, but one has to be carefull....
You made a wise choice ,Techart are much stiffer and better springs.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:45 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by slawek
You made a wise choice ,Techart are much stiffer and better springs.
ya it took me a while as to which springs to go with, i know techart test all their stuff on tracks, unlike lot of other manufacturers and when my shocks blow, i will get the pss10

Old 01-20-2011, 05:33 PM
ya it took me a while as to which springs to go with, i know techart test all their stuff on tracks, unlike lot of other manufacturers and when my shocks blow, i will get the pss10
Ronnie if you like the drop you got on your car right now and fill comfortable driving it you may consider KW3 also.Remember. Techart products are made for Germans in first place ,they do drive their cars pretty hard over there so theirs expectations are high.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:52 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Hey guys - I just ordered a set of Bilstein PSS Damptronics (4 days ago). Obviously I'm off to a superb local (in Vancouver) service center that I have been dealing with for over ten years, with nothing but fantastic service (so don't expect any "issues"). However what I'm curious about is, after install, should I wait a few days/drives to have them settle down before doing the alignment, or should installation and alignment take place at the same time?

Old 04-14-2011, 03:50 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eclou
no those are not my specs. I don't know how else to explain that to you
Hi Eclou

I'm sure you directly provided them to me either on Rennlist/Rennteam/Teamspeed/6speed. I wouldn't have included the settings in my table had you not confirmed them (like everyone else did that I listed).

At the time, you replied to the threads after I published the table, and you didn't say anything about the numbers being inaccurate.

Have you made changes since 2009?

Last edited by Alex_997TT; 04-14-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Hey guys - I just ordered a set of Bilstein PSS Damptronics (4 days ago). Obviously I'm off to a superb local (in Vancouver) service center that I have been dealing with for over ten years, with nothing but fantastic service (so don't expect any "issues"). However what I'm curious about is, after install, should I wait a few days/drives to have them settle down before doing the alignment, or should installation and alignment take place at the same time?
I had mine installed by Suncoast, along with some other suspension bits, and they recommended driving the car for a week to 10 days before having it aligned and corner balanced just to let everything settle in. It's been 1 1/2 years and never had a problem.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:47 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I'll go with some motons from gmg if my springs and stock shocks ever go.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:49 PM
GT-TT will become famous soon enoughGT-TT will become famous soon enough
Speed31 i would say it again, I did the installation of the damptronics on my car and I did set up the height of my car including checkup of proper fitment .Alignment and final adjustment was done at Porsche shop.I think that is the proper alignment for the street and occasional track days driving .If you want to set up your tt car as Porsche GT3 R cap car you got my blessing. .
Attached see the specs of alignment settings from different members (in red Porsche factory specifications)-all of them done by professional Porsche shops in US and England so if you say that you guys are using different settings on yours TT I believe you ,but I will stay with what we are using here.
Latest spec with bilstein coilovers, lower control arms, dog bones, toe links etc, etc
front
camber -2.12
toe +0.02 total
caster 8.30 mins
rear
camber -2.0
toe +0.22 total

all values in mins.
Car has 730hp 950nm. This setup on corsas works like a dream on a car with lsd. Corner balancing is critical. No understeer at all and you can apply full power at the apex and throttle steer at the exit.

Last edited by GT-TT; 04-15-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Actually techart (bilstein derivatives) are the ones i have. Not sure they are stiffer than B16 clubsport though. Does anyone know the spring rates of the B16 clubsport ones (by cargraphic?)

Old 04-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by GT-TT
Latest spec with bilstein coilovers, lower control arms, dog bones, toe links etc, etc
front
camber -2.12
toe +0.02 total
caster 8.30 mins
rear
camber -2.0
toe +0.22 total

all values in mins.
Car has 730hp 950nm. This setup on corsas works like a dream on a car with lsd. Corner balancing is critical. No understeer at all and you can apply full power at the apex and throttle steer at the exit.
That is a killer setup you've got on you car , adjustable lower control arms are necessary to achieve so much camber in front. check from time to time your front differential and axles on the inside
How low is your car?

Old 04-15-2011, 07:19 PM
That is a killer setup you've got on you car , adjustable lower control arms are necessary to achieve so much camber in front. check from time to time your front differential and axles on the inside
How low is your car?
Yes axle and diff are ok. It is important that you DO NOT use the sims to get this camber as the front axle in the tt might come off.. (they are designed for GT3, cup etc). We modified the stock hole adjustment in the top mount to get there.
Car is not as low as a GT2. I would say 15-20mm from stock.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks GT-TT You guys defensibly know haw to do the right set up .You also right about proper camber alignment, as geometry of the car changes the front shaft sealing rings have a little more stress It's important to stay within tolerance.A big star for you

Last edited by slawek; 04-15-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:28 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Interesting about the shims with cup control arms re the seals. This is my current setup, I've yet to add the shims.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Interesting about the shims with cup control arms re the seals. This is my current setup, I've yet to add the shims.
Do not, i repeat DO NOT add the shims! Almost destroyed my diff. Get your mechanic to take a look and modify slightly the factory screw. Then you can go to -2.5 or so.

Last edited by GT-TT; 04-16-2011 at 01:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bilstein saga continiue