997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Summary about Porsche reaction with more than 1000hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:33 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Gerhard from RS Tuning told me they use a special calibrated Motec ecu for anything more than 730hp...
Motec ECU sounds very promising , they're the people who are working on the twin turbo gallardos

Last edited by yalmutawa; 03-06-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:48 AM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
after long reading hard driving and allot of analyzing
i've found that with very high power im facing problems with traction even if i disconnect the traction the car wont disconnect the traction 100% there will still be traction !

EVOMS 4.0 Ltr

and later i went back to old Threads and found out that
Evoms faced the same problem with there 4.0Ltr 1200Hp in the texas mile and that was there major issue for not accomplishing there target!
pls check the vid in the run @ 2:20sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRCd3mrbZdk

in other hand i also found out that the GT2 react absolutely different than the 997tt in the GT2 one of my frnds here running the GT3076.82 Protomotive package when he set the high boost disconnect the traction control and run a test Run all signs flash on the board which means the car has 0% traction control in this condition the car react insane and like a wild animal
you want to tell that traction control is closing throttle body under big load?
did I understand it right?

I have same, on the 1st gear at 5000rpm on the 2nd at 6000rpm.
take out psm fuse and than test it.
there is possibility to switch off traction control permanently it the ecu, I will do it.

Last edited by 997 GT3 RS/TT; 03-06-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
karol i dont know my self what to call it what happens is the car when spinns cuts of like the traction goes on !! but i turn it off from the pcm !
"you cant disconnect it permanently with the botton"

what fuse ?
there is possibility to switch off traction control permanently it the ecu, I will do it.
hopefully you'll succeed and let me know when you do

Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 AM
i believe its a throttle reduction !

Old 03-06-2011, 10:27 AM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
i believe its a throttle reduction !
I didn't know what it was too, I sent logs to my ecu guy and he said it's traction control.

you have to remove fuse's, you wont have abs and it wont show your speed.
will ask which one exactly.

hmm..not sure if my ecu guy will tell me exactly what have to be done in the ecu.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:18 AM
It's a small issue now but with any upgrade it will appear more and issue will be more notice

Old 03-06-2011, 11:31 AM
It's a small issue now but with any upgrade it will appear more and issue will be more notice
I have this problem when hard accelerate starting form zero every time

Old 03-06-2011, 01:13 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I suspect Todd Z has solved this problem by now. You might PM him and inquire...

Old 03-06-2011, 02:44 PM
there's allot of todds around here sorry but i get confuse all the time
todd z is the guy from evoms ?

Old 03-06-2011, 05:39 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
there's allot of todds around here sorry but i get confuse all the time
todd z is the guy from evoms ?
Yes, he is.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:30 PM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT

When i was chatting to Gerhard from RS tuning about the possibilty of a 1000hp project he told me he needs to do the following...
I guess evreything has a reason and it all adds up now..

1.1)Electronic management MS4.4
-ECU MS4.4
-ECU-loom for MS4.4
-engineloom for MS4.4
-sensors

1.2) MOTEC SYTEM ( display with data-recording)
-display
-sensoric
-loom
-laptop
-program

1.3)RACE ABS BOSCH
-ABS set
-instalation parts

1.4)TRACTION CONTROL
-TC set
-instalation parts

1.5) EVO DRIVESHAFT
-EVO driveshaft left/right
-transmission flanch
-installation kit

Old 03-07-2011, 01:15 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RUF QTR
When i was chatting to Gerhard from RS tuning about the possibilty of a 1000hp project he told me he needs to do the following...
I guess evreything has a reason and it all adds up now..

1.1)Electronic management MS4.4
-ECU MS4.4
-ECU-loom for MS4.4
-engineloom for MS4.4
-sensors

1.2) MOTEC SYTEM ( display with data-recording)
-display
-sensoric
-loom
-laptop
-program

1.3)RACE ABS BOSCH
-ABS set
-instalation parts

1.4)TRACTION CONTROL
-TC set
-instalation parts

1.5) EVO DRIVESHAFT
-EVO driveshaft left/right
-transmission flanch
-installation kit
Isn't it much more cost effective to slap the 1000hp setup on a GT2 ?
Though you'd have "lack of traction issue" just like the guys from 9ff when converted the gt2 into AWD ..

Old 03-07-2011, 03:05 AM
Meshari will become famous soon enoughMeshari will become famous soon enough
not only spin like a vette
GT2 is a 2 wheel and every one knows what does porsche engineers means imagine all of these engineers worked on a car a rear wheel drive car and its called the widow maker
what do u accept from a car 4 wheel drive converted to 2 wheel drive !
The GT2 is not only RWD, but the very very light engine is in the back , I remember how my Turbo used to Under-steer back in the day

Old 03-07-2011, 03:12 AM
the GT2 acts 100% different
one of the guys running 850 package from protomotive GT3076.82AR switch off the traction from the pcm button
when he sets the high boost and do a run allllllll signs on board lights up i allll dash board looks like Christmas tree
which means car is running 1000% offf traction !

Old 03-07-2011, 03:22 AM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
the GT2 acts 100% different
one of the guys running 850 package from protomotive GT3076.82AR switch off the traction from the pcm button
when he sets the high boost and do a run allllllll signs on board lights up i allll dash board looks like Christmas tree
which means car is running 1000% offf traction !
Yalmutawa you know what your talking about..

GT2 acts diffrent than the turbo even if it is just flashed...
I know that because i have owned both..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Summary about Porsche reaction with more than 1000hp