997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My next mod - exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 07:00 PM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
My next mod - exhaust

Ok - my 2011 997.2 TT just turned 1 month old. Im ready for my next mod - an exhaust.

My last car (2008 9971. TT) I had a speedtech exhaust and loved the sound. It would set off car alarms in the parking structure with the loud sound.

Im not getting straight pipes- too loud. Do not plan to chip the car and im fine with keeping the factory cats. Sound is all im looking for. The car is fast enough stock.

Told my dad about what I was looking for - he said "we use to drill holes in the mufflers back in the 50's to get better sound." I think ill skip the DeWalt muffler mod at this time.

Thanks

Old 05-08-2011, 07:21 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
PM sent

Old 05-08-2011, 08:30 PM
pepper1 is on a distinguished road
I like the sound of the MB AMG's. Would like an exhaust that has that rumble to it.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:05 PM
DJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the rough
Check out the Europipe Stage 1. Sounds great on my 2010 TT. Also added Fabspeed headers that gives a great note that isn't too loud inside the car.

Jay

Old 05-08-2011, 10:24 PM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
I installed Europipe last month. I'm very satisfied with the sound and the quality of the exhaust build. If you're somewhat mechanically inclined, you can do the install yourself. It helped me become one with my car.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:39 PM
OCTurbo is on a distinguished road
That didn't take long! Try fvd catback "sound " version. I also read on here that bbi made a catback version.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:34 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Check out BBI in Huntington Beach for a great custom setup you can change the sound with the same exhaust & also go cat delete if you really wanna have fun.Great guys to work with also.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by twturbo
Check out BBI in Huntington Beach for a great custom setup you can change the sound with the same exhaust & also go cat delete if you really wanna have fun.Great guys to work with also.
+1. Check out the BBI setup. I couldn't be happier with mine.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:32 PM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
+1 i would go with the BBI system. Ive been in a car with there medium sound exhaust with cats, and heard their catless exhaust. Both sound amazing and incase you get tired of it you can use it as a living room piece due to the beautiful craftsmanship.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ERSKATEDOC
Ok - my 2011 997.2 TT just turned 1 month old. Im ready for my next mod - an exhaust.

My last car (2008 9971. TT) I had a speedtech exhaust and loved the sound. It would set off car alarms in the parking structure with the loud sound.

Im not getting straight pipes- too loud. Do not plan to chip the car and im fine with keeping the factory cats. Sound is all im looking for. The car is fast enough stock.

Told my dad about what I was looking for - he said "we use to drill holes in the mufflers back in the 50's to get better sound." I think ill skip the DeWalt muffler mod at this time.

Thanks
Be different!

Our AWE Tuning exhaust system for the 997.2TT has it all. Rips the air at wide open throttle and has the perfect tone for highway cruising even wtih the windows up.

•Peak Gains: + 15 hp / + 22 ft lb at the crank with OE Tips
•Peak Gains: + 23 hp / + 22 ft lb at the crank with RSR Style Tips
•12 lbs weight savings over stock
•No CEL. Guaranteed.
•No Drone. Guaranteed.
•3.0” tubing with H-Pipe crossover for optimal performance
•Bullet Style Mufflers, designed and built in-house
•Heavy duty V-Band clamps
•T-304 Stainless Steel Tubing
•Included gaskets
•One year warranty on Catalytic Converters. Lifetime Warranty on balance on system.

Pictures, dyno plots, and video can all be found by clicking here.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:07 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
I really love the AWE/RSR style tips.

Ken

Old 05-10-2011, 07:00 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Just installed a Fabspeed X pipe with 3" tubing, excellent quality and what a sound, makes me want to change mine for the X pipe too

Old 05-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
Very happy with my BBI cat back system. Even the Porsche dealer where I had the minor service done on my car flipped out on the soound and the quality of the build.

I am negotiating on selling my car so will be removing the BBI, window tint (but not the Speedart lip) to getting it back to stock. Note the tips on the car installed in the photo attached - pretty sweet. BBI offered me a money back guarantee if I didn't like the exhaust - no questions asked - but I can't lie to get my money back...I love the exhaust. If interested PM me - it only has a couple of hundred miles on it.

Attached Images  
Old 05-13-2011, 01:03 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Dude...do a search...there are probably 10,000 posts covering exhausts.

Bottom line...listen to as many in person as you can...your ears will tell you which one to get.