997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Replacing front chin spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Sobrut911 is on a distinguished road
Replacing front chin spoiler

Is it difficult to remove the front chin spoiler on a 2011 Turbo S ? Can anyone tell me how to do it ? I bought the car from Nashua Porsche and thought I did a thorough inspection, but the sales manager, Ray Sousa, noticed a couple of small scratches on the bottom of the painted chin spoiler and said he wouldn't sell it in that condition and offered to provide a new one which they would put on whenever I want and I could keep the original. ( Unbelievably great sales experience ) I plan on tracking the car as soon as I get the 2000 miles, so I'd like to be able to swap out the chin spoiler if it's not too hard.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:33 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
It is super-easy to change the front lip. There is one screw on each side and several tabs that hold the lip on. Remove the screws and just pull outward.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 PM
ohsix is on a distinguished road
It was surprisingly tough to get the first one off my 2008 997TT. The proper technique is put your fingers under the spoiler, put your thumbs just above the spoiler, and pull HARD. I thought I was going to pull the whole bumper off before the spoiler popped loose.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
use the brake cooling ducts as handles..

Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
The only painted ones that I have ever seen not damaged were in a showroom or in a photo. IMO have the dealer give you a couple unpainted that you can change when they get damaged.

Mine is unpainted and in a little more tha a year have replaced it 3 times.

If you track a painted front spoiler I'd give it about 5 minutes before it's wrecked.

I think that more than anything a cracked painted front spoiler detracts from the look of the car.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I went unpainted for this very reason. they take abuse better in the looks dept than the painted. Im on my oringinal after 3 years but its replacement time right now.

Oddly only after a dealer visit did it reach the condition of replacement, they clearly scraped the bejeezus out of it!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
That is very cool that the sales guy insisted on replacing your front lip spoiler for you!

Old 05-17-2011, 11:58 AM
nflpats will become famous soon enough
I installed clear film to protect against chipping. You cant do anything to prevent scratching the bottom though.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:35 PM
LosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the rough
Where do you guy suggest we pick up new ones? Given that these are clearly "wear items" I plan to buy a couple

Old 05-17-2011, 03:55 PM
nflpats will become famous soon enough
Suncoast parts seems to be the cheapest place

Old 05-17-2011, 08:32 PM
LosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the roughLosPer is a jewel in the rough
Thank you sir. ^^^^^^^

Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I keep a painted spare in the warehouse. Change it out every year/annual service. No biggie.