997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Reading the DME ( informative post )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 08:15 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Who won't mind buying a perfect car with perfect DME. However, say if the car had an over rev in range 4 and had since covered 20,000 miles with out any issues and passed a compression/leakdown test,so is this car scarred for life

Can issues still surface many years/ many thousand miles later ?

How would you answe this: If an owner did an accidental mis-shift, should he run an over rev report and if there's one in range 4/5, should he immediatly sell the car

Old 10-23-2011, 08:38 AM
clay5523 will become famous soon enoughclay5523 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cannga
Wow what a find - essentially a new car. You are very lucky and congratulations!!
If you don't mind sharing: Did you have to pay substantially more than current market value of typical 2008?

Amazing come to think about it - with tax & fee I wrote check of 150k 4 years ago for same car.
Don't want to muddy this thread with my car. I hope others will respond with their DME read outs on their cars as well as other cars they have had the opportunity to check.
I did read a 2010 TT that had appx. 1500 miles on the clock and while it had more over revs in Stage 1 than mine, it was clean 2 thru 6.
Purchase price was high end of AutoTraders 2008 TT listings.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:35 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by quick
Who won't mind buying a perfect car with perfect DME. However, say if the car had an over rev in range 4 and had since covered 20,000 miles with out any issues and passed a compression/leakdown test,so is this car scarred for life

Can issues still surface many years/ many thousand miles later ?

How would you answe this: If an owner did an accidental mis-shift, should he run an over rev report and if there's one in range 4/5, should he immediatly sell the car

If an owner over revs his own car at least he is the one enjoying his vehicle and whatever consequences (damage. expense, inconvenience , resale obstacles, etc) might arise .. he owns it . Even if he chooses to keep or sell the car the burden of the entire experience is placed on his shoulders alone.
This is very different than a used car shopper (the cosumer) knowingly buying a car without pointing out this as well as any other fact sheet blemish .

Last edited by yrralis1; 10-24-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:28 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
So my dealer printed out my DME sheet for me and my results are as follows for 2007 Porsche TT Tip Trans. 1580 Operating hours

Range 1-
1472 1578.9h
Range 2-
48 1397.6h

So if I'm reading this correctly take the Number of ignition cycles in each range and divide by 360 to find your seconds over revs in that range? And only the last over rev hour is listed in the DME?

I came up with;

1472/360 for 4.08 sec in Range 1
48/360 for .133 sec in Range 2

Thanks

Last edited by otoppero; 12-08-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 PM
made2trade is on a distinguished road
Just buy a CPO car, drive away and enjoy the ride like there's no tomorrow!!!!! HAHA

Old 12-08-2011, 10:59 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
Mine is a CPO car, trust me, I would not have purchased it otherwise. They replaced the transmission a $23,000.00 job for free. It was a bad seal on the torque converter from the factory. So I'm very please with my decision. I still care about the car and what can happen to it if abused after warranty is up. I think it is a cheap or free for some printout that can give you a good idea about how your car was treated.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Great info

BTW > 50: Could have been aggressively driven/tracked --- or solely used for long trips - Like to Vegas

Old 12-09-2011, 04:06 AM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
I'm still not totally clear on how Tiptronic / PDK cars can be tossed as far as Range 2. On that point, is Range 3-6 even possible?

Old 12-09-2011, 06:06 PM
I read your post about the manual stating it could not over rev due to computer intervention. I missed a shift due to the stupid tiny tip buttons, and the car shifted for me. I could see I was over reved at that time. So I guess the manual is just not correct in relation to range 1&2. Now getting into anything above range two I don't see as possible. Any tip or PDK owners have a DME report with a DME report above range 2?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:42 PM
SToronto will become famous soon enough
Excellent post, I plan to put this learning to use very soon.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:14 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
How to get a DME report....

Old 02-22-2012, 07:01 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MJA
How to get a DME report....
You need to bring in your car to your dealership and they can run it for you

Old 02-22-2012, 09:30 AM
kittivan will become famous soon enoughkittivan will become famous soon enough
I've read and understood the DME reports of my past 2 TT's but I requested a DME for a TTS with 4,400 miles and I couldn't quite decipher what the report meant. It looked like there were some occurrences in range/block 1 and 2 but none from 3-6. I may be completely reading the report wrong or it may not even be an over rev report.

Anyone have any insight?

With that said, I purchased the car without a thought since I didn't see anything over the range of 2 (or so that's how I interpreted it)

Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2012, 09:41 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kittivan
I've read and understood the DME reports of my past 2 TT's but I requested a DME for a TTS with 4,400 miles and I couldn't quite decipher what the report meant. It looked like there were some occurrences in range/block 1 and 2 but none from 3-6. I may be completely reading the report wrong or it may not even be an over rev report.

Anyone have any insight?

With that said, I purchased the car without a thought since I didn't see anything over the range of 2 (or so that's how I interpreted it)
That is a very different report - I'm not sure what it's telling you...but with a PDK, very unlikely that you would find overevs in range 3-6.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:36 AM
kittivan will become famous soon enoughkittivan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
That is a very different report - I'm not sure what it's telling you...but with a PDK, very unlikely that you would find overevs in range 3-6.
Thanks man, just figured there were 6 different blocks possibly referring to the 6 different ranges. It was taken from the Vehicle Analysis Log.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Reading the DME ( informative post )