997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Front lip spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Ryanm51981 is infamous around these parts
Front lip spoiler

I just purchased a turbo bumper for my 997 carrera S...Does anyone know of any somewhat affordable front lip spoilers. The cheapest I found was around 800 bucks. Why are they so pricy? My buddy picked up one for his m3 for around 250.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:43 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ryanm51981
I just purchased a turbo bumper for my 997 carrera S...Does anyone know of any somewhat affordable front lip spoilers. The cheapest I found was around 800 bucks. Why are they so pricy? My buddy picked up one for his m3 for around 250.
Because of the Porsche-tax. Same reason aero for a Ferrari will cost twice/three times as much as a comparable part on a Porsche.
If you want aero for $250, get the BMW or buy an ill-fitting knock-off piece from eBay.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
If you're talking about the OEM, black, front lip spoiler that fits the 997 turbo, I bought it for about $220 delivered from Sunset Porsche

Old 11-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MK23
If you're talking about the OEM, black, front lip spoiler that fits the 997 turbo, I bought it for about $220 delivered from Sunset Porsche
Yes, and I've seen lightly used ones on here for $150.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:20 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Buy a few of them...you will break them.
Although since getting my tech art one I've never scratched it. Better design I suppose.

I like the look better of the tech art as well...that would be my recommendation.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raclaims
Buy a few of them...you will break them.
Although since getting my tech art one I've never scratched it. Better design I suppose.

I like the look better of the tech art as well...that would be my recommendation.
Pics?

Old 12-01-2011, 08:40 AM
zippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud of
The OEM aero spoiler is the paintable version that people are picking up for 150-180ish from Suncoast and Porscheoemparts.com. This was the spoiler lip that came on the "Aero Package" option which was paint color match much like a Sport Package on some trucks with color keyed grills. The non-aero is no less aerodynamic, just not prepped for paint. The Aero Kit spoiler lip is roughly 800 bones.

ROTtec and Champion have some nice Carbon Fiber lips, but know the price range you are getting into. ROTtec (1K) looks very similiar and is half the cost of the Champion (2K). However, the ROTtec doesn't have any scrap protection without an additional cost. PM them and you can probably work a discount to get special pricing and perhaps the plastic bottom lip to withstand minor (driveway) scrapes. The Champion lip, I believe, has a metal base to resist scrapes and protect the Carbon clearcoat.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
The Aero kit one is the way to go it's indestructible i've hit countless parking blocks & it just pops back & have it clear bra installed on it,get the non primed one from Suncoast it's cheaper.Here's some pics of mine aero front lip GT2 side skirts & bumper vent ,Rottec rear lower diffuser.

Attached Images    
Old 12-01-2011, 12:25 PM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
I've had my car about 18 mos and I'm on my 4th front lip. This time I ordered the oem aero version from Suncoast, had it sent to the body shop where it was painted and wrapped.

I'm very pleased with the look. It changes the appearance of the front end pretty dramatically and makes it look much more finnished as should an expensive GT car chould be, (wife call it a cow catcher). I've scrapped the bottom a few times with no apparant damage. So, when this one gets banged up I'll do same again.

turbonov21.jpg?t=1321886601

Old 12-01-2011, 03:13 PM
vpmick is infamous around these partsvpmick is infamous around these parts
Does the OEM Aero kit front spoiler require a different bumper cover or does it just replace the stock lip? I have a 2007 997.1 TT. If it mounts to the stock bumper cover does anyone have the item number for the black/non paintable lip.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:05 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
The OEM aero front lip fits right on like a glove to the stock 997 front bumper and really adds to the appearance as others have mentioned. IMO...it's looks best painted to match, along with the other lower parts.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Yeah definitely paint it body color ,but they make a primed ready to paint one & a non paint one ,way cheaper to get the non paint one & have your body shop prime it it's about $400 cheaper than the primer one from what i remember.Not sure of part # .

Old 12-02-2011, 02:07 PM
zippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud of
Stock front spoilers below at the following links for Porscheoemparts.com and Suncoast respectively. West coast and East coast since shipping may be an issue because of the bulk.

http://www.porscheoemparts.com/partl...layCatalogid=0

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...y_Code=997ttak

Old 12-02-2011, 07:00 PM
vpmick is infamous around these partsvpmick is infamous around these parts
Thanks Zipp...I'm looking for the part number for the OEM Aero lip...not the stock OEM lip. I agree to painted lip looks nice, but I already have the stock black lip, side skits and rear skirt so I would need to change them all. I'm not ready to do this so looking for more agressive front lip without paying CF prices.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vpmick
Thanks Zipp...I'm looking for the part number for the OEM Aero lip...not the stock OEM lip. I agree to painted lip looks nice, but I already have the stock black lip, side skits and rear skirt so I would need to change them all. I'm not ready to do this so looking for more agressive front lip without paying CF prices.
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...y_Code=997ttak

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front lip spoiler