997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Porsche 997.2 Turbo S Project Car - Full Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Weebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud of
That custom wheel is a GREAT idea. I looked for this option on your website but couldn't find it. Did I miss it? If not, can you send me a PM with pricing? Carrera Red... of course.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Nope did not miss it Just busy and have not added it. Will do tomorrow. Here is a gallery of a bunch of different wheels including more PDK pics. Will send a PM to discuss - http://www.vividracing.com/blog/gall...21&gallery=573

Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vividracing
Thank you! Next up is aero kit, wheels, suspension, then back into power
Time to start multi-tasking, you can remove the engine, wheels and bumpers at the same time.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
LOL. See I have this problem here that gets in the way of my own cars... its called a shop!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
I am not sure I understand why sport mode yields less power. Isn't just a more sensitive throttle? Should I drive in regular mode for better performance?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:30 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe stock cars perform differently.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Miguel-H is on a distinguished road
Subscribed. I like me a good project.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
T.Hill is a jewel in the roughT.Hill is a jewel in the roughT.Hill is a jewel in the roughT.Hill is a jewel in the rough
^ Agreed. Should be good!

Old 03-04-2012, 01:50 PM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
Subscribed.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Periokid
I am not sure I understand why sport mode yields less power. Isn't just a more sensitive throttle? Should I drive in regular mode for better performance?
Sport Mode gives you extra boost for X amount of seconds as well as better throttle response. However since Sport is based off EGT temps, the car will start to pull timing and make the car slower if you continually run it this way. So you can see by the HP curve you still get that initial boost blast, but then taper off. For 0-60 sport is probably better, but for 60-130 standard is better. The nice thing about ECU Flash is we give you the extra boost and throttle response in standard mode like sport.

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 AM
fattyk will become famous soon enough
will a softronic tune TT be as powerful as a softronic tune TTS?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor
both at 615bhp. So yes.

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:32 AM
fattyk will become famous soon enough
since I'm planning to softronic tune my PDK turbo, there isn't a need to pay a premium price for a TTS.
i'm still deciding whether to get a PDK turbo or TTS.
because TTS stock is rated @530hp n TT only @500hp.
what about torque? TTS @700nm n TT only @650nm
so it is true that a softronic tune TT will be as powerful as a softronic tune TTS?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor
Choosing which car to buy is hard for me to give you advice as much of it comes down to options. The HP and TQ changes are the same for both.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor
Just finished a SLEW of mods and will be updating our Project Car section here - http://www.vividracing.com/blog/category/project-cars/project-997-2tt/

We did just get our new custom PDK Sport Design steering wheel by Agency Power installed.

The install process is pretty straight forward except getting the silver Y-Trim off is a royal pain and requires almost breaking it.

To uninstall the PDK steering wheel, did some Google searching and what was out there sucked. So hopefully this helps. Basically to get the wheel off, you need some flat tab pullers or skinny flat head screwdrivers to put in between the column and wheel and popout the latch mechanism that holds the airbag in place. Remember to first disconnect your battery! Once that is done unplug the airbag and you will need to remove the nut that holds the wheel to the spline. Good luck!

here is the wheel removed with the Y-Trim popped

See the left side that white tab, that is the *****. There is glue that holds the Y-Trim together kinda like headlight.

Here is how the paddle is removed and then reinstalled

We put tape on the bottom to not scratch the trim piece

Tighten wheel in place and make sure it is straight. Then push the Y-Trim on!

You likey? Now go buy one here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/search/agency+steering%20wheel.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Porsche 997.2 Turbo S Project Car - Full Build Thread